Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redmond Barrens
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Obbehobbe
Hello!
I've made a map over Redmond Barrens. Thought I could share it! smile.gif

Redmond Map 1

And without the mumbo jumbo (Printer Friendly)
Redmond Map 2

A map with Gangs. Some official, some new.
Redmond Map 3

Printer Friendly Gang Map!
Redmond Map 4

Subwaymap - Old
SubwayMap - Old

Subwaymap - Clean (Printer friendly)
SubwayMap - Clean
Vermithrax
Did you make these yourself or find `em somewhere?
FriendoftheDork
I wish I had these in my first Barrens campaign frown.gif I thought Glow City was further east. Hmmm.
Obbehobbe
QUOTE (Vermithrax @ May 24 2010, 12:42 AM) *
Did you make these yourself or find `em somewhere?

I've made it myself, and I've edited the first post with that information! wink.gif
Tyro
Well done. Not many people know where Kingsgate is. (It's far north Kirkland, technically unincorporated - so far north that it uses Woodinville utilities. Not far from the King-Snohomish county line.)
nemafow
Very nice, thank you
Obbehobbe
Update: I've added a map with the gangs included. All official Redmond gangs and some new. See first post.
Tyro
QUOTE (Obbehobbe @ May 24 2010, 06:12 AM) *
Update: I've added a map with the gangs included. All official Redmond gangs and some new. See first post.

Very impressive! Could we get a printer-friendly version, please?
Kumo
Very nice! Thanks!
Obbehobbe
Update: Added a printer friendly gang map to top post!
Robineng
I would love to see maps like these for the other areas in Seattle too. smile.gif
Endroren
Wow! VERY nice.
Obbehobbe
QUOTE (Robineng @ May 24 2010, 09:46 PM) *
I would love to see maps like these for the other areas in Seattle too. smile.gif

Haha! Me too! wink.gif
Tyro
QUOTE (Obbehobbe @ May 24 2010, 12:40 PM) *
Update: Added a printer friendly gang map to top post!

Thank you!

QUOTE (Robineng @ May 24 2010, 12:46 PM) *

Me as well ^_^

I would LOVE an area-by-area guide to Redmond based on this map *daydreams*
Paul
Tight. I hope to make some use out of these!
Leoric
Nice & Gorgeous! You should definitely make the same map for each district!
YourAdHere
I think this is so useful, that if more maps get added it should be moved to "Community Projects" so it doesn't get lost in the constant flow of post in here.
Tyro
QUOTE (YourAdHere @ May 25 2010, 09:08 AM) *
I think this is so useful, that if more maps get added it should be moved to "Community Projects" so it doesn't get lost in the constant flow of post in here.

Agreed. Those were very well done.
Machiavelli
I agree with the members before me...great work. Thanks for the printer-friendly version.^^
i101
Great work smile.gif Thank you mate.
The Monk
These will be used.
tweak
Nice. Are you making your own atlas?
Obbehobbe
QUOTE (tweak @ May 26 2010, 07:02 AM) *
Nice. Are you making your own atlas?

Unfortunately no... my campaign is going to start in Redmond, and I want my players to move around freely without me trying to figure out the location of every pub and place of interest.
Maybe if they move out from Redmond into a new area I will make a new map.

Thanks for all the replies!
Troysome
Thank you very much for the quality work
tagz
Awesome work, it's going into my games. Thanks so much.
SirBedevere
Thanks a lot! These maps are really useful grinbig.gif
Drats
This is phenomenal, Obbehobbe. You've got me seriously considering finding a reason to relocate my players from Pullayup to Redmond. I'll definitely be waiting with baited breath for your group to start exploring other districts in detail.

But, y'know, no pressure wink.gif
Obbehobbe
Under Pressure! ••dum dum dum didi dum dum•• wink.gif

Well, after all those replies I'm really considering it...
Endroren
QUOTE (Obbehobbe @ May 27 2010, 09:08 AM) *
Under Pressure! ••dum dum dum didi dum dum•• wink.gif

Well, after all those replies I'm really considering it...

AND you should add a PayPal "Donate" button to a website somewhere so we can fire a few bucks your direction. These are maps of a quality I'd typically pay good money for. Maybe you won't get a lot, but I'd fire 5 bucks off without a second though for these.

(Since I'm pretty sure if you have a "Donate Money to me for my RPG design efforts." it wouldn't be the same as charging for an unlicensed thing - although I'm not expert on this - probably best to ask actually.)
Rajaat99
Very good quality, I'm impressed.
Obbehobbe
I've added two subway maps over Redmond...

Now, I'm pretty sure Seattle don't HAVE a subway, and more less Redmond Barrens.
But I thought it could be quite cool with a subway under Redmond, with gangs and ghouls lurking in the dark!

Atleast my players don't know there isn't a subway "for real" smile.gif

Enjoy!

SubwayMap - Old
SubwayMap - Clean
Tyro
QUOTE (Obbehobbe @ Jun 10 2010, 02:49 PM) *
I've added two subway maps over Redmond...

Now, I'm pretty sure Seattle don't HAVE a subway, and more less Redmond Barrens.
But I thought it could be quite cool with a subway under Redmond, with gangs and ghouls lurking in the dark!

Atleast my players don't know there isn't a subway "for real" smile.gif

Enjoy!

SubwayMap - Old
SubwayMap - Clean

No subway, but we do have the Seattle Underground. Redmond doesn't have either in the present day (I grew up there).
Obbehobbe
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jun 10 2010, 11:52 PM) *
No subway, but we do have the Seattle Underground. Redmond doesn't have either in the present day (I grew up there).

Uh oh... well don't laugh at my made up, google-maps, far-from-accurate station names! grinbig.gif

Seattle Underground looks cool! Hmm, is there any information on the Seattle Underground in the Seattle 2072 sourcebook?

Edit: Damn... and now I discover the Orc Underground...
tete
QUOTE (Obbehobbe @ Jun 10 2010, 10:57 PM) *
Seattle Underground looks cool! Hmm, is there any information on the Seattle Underground in the Seattle 2072 sourcebook?

I believe its in the downtown section of 2072. Also DNA/DOA has an entire section of the adventure in the Ork Underground.
wind_in_the_stones
Great stuff. Thank you!
noonesshowmonkey
These are The Boss and even With The Sauce.

Boss With The Sauce.

Totally fricking rad.

Please put this in community projects so that they can be found. I hate DS's search function!

Make more!

I love these!

I love you!
Tyro
QUOTE (Obbehobbe @ Jun 10 2010, 01:57 PM) *
Uh oh... well don't laugh at my made up, google-maps, far-from-accurate station names! grinbig.gif

Edit: Damn... and now I discover the Orc Underground...

By canon, the Ork Underground IS the Seattle Underground, expanded and populated. They took an area which IRL exists only under a small part of Seattle proper and had various minority groups (orks, ghouls, transients of various stripes) and crime groups (I think the Vory was involved) dig out expansions over the years until it was under much of greater Seattle. It all started on the Night of Rage, when much of Seattle's ork and troll population fled there for shelter and never left. Incidentally, does anyone know where I could find a map of Shadowrun's Seattle Underground? (Despite the usual moniker, it doesn't just belong to the orks, though they're the majority of the population.)

The Seattle Underground is a fascinating place; I've been on the tour four times and learned something new every time.
Bull
We're slowly working on defining the Ork Underground as part of Season 4 of Missions, and for release as an eBook. THere's a lot of really cool possibilities down there, and despite it's prominance in Shadowrun lore, there's precious little real information on the OU.
sunnyside
Very nice. I've downloaded these and they'll probably come up. Now i just need a good printer....
Ascalaphus
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Dec 8 2010, 05:04 AM) *
Very nice. I've downloaded these and they'll probably come up. Now i just need a good printer....

I went to the local copy shop, because I wanted them large size and in color.
Tyro
QUOTE (Bull @ Dec 7 2010, 03:02 AM) *
We're slowly working on defining the Ork Underground as part of Season 4 of Missions, and for release as an eBook. THere's a lot of really cool possibilities down there, and despite it's prominance in Shadowrun lore, there's precious little real information on the OU.
Thanks for the info, bull!
Method
Thanks for posting these. Very well done.

And if you do intend to update on a semi-regular basis (hint) just let me know and I'd be happy to move this to the Community Projects section. smile.gif
K1ll5w1tch
All the links were broke or moved is there a current location for them.

Thanks
CanRay
Good to know, Bull. Working on that Troll with a Firearm Harem idea, I was figuring him for the OU... Good to know we'll finally see something about the place.

Especially seeing as they're fighting to be recognized as a part of Seattle in the Fluff, I noticed.
Conan The GM
Sorry to resurrect ancient threads, but the above links look invaluable to me and don't work any more.
Any chance anyone has some links that work?
Thanx!
Metapunk
I was wondering if it was only me the links are not working for?
I am looking to start playing shadowrun again, and the praise these maps seem to get is making me VERY!! curious to see them and use them potentially
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012