Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grey Thoughts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheWanderingJewels
Given what we know of Aztechnology and it's predelictions, a thought stuck me which would stick with the theme I've general noticed in Shadowrun of turning given conventions on it's ear.

Okay, We know the azzies are up to they beady blood soaked necks in Blood Magic and possibly feeding something very very nasty under Mexico City, My money is on The Big 'V' from Earthdawn), and after reading the SOLA notes, it seems to be creating a Horror Construct of truly epic proportions and yaddah yaddah....

Then we have this FABIII stuff thrown into the mix in Shadowrun. Nasty bacteria, eats manna and essence, leaves Holes in the astral....

So What happens when a Anti-Aztecnology faction who's got a fair idea what the Azzzies are up to Descides to weaponize this stuff and start using it on the Azzie Home bases that are enchanted six-ways from Sunday, tweaking the FABIII bacteria to spread very quickly.

While Beneficial over the long run, the Magi-terrorists seem to be hardcore nutters in the short with the amount of havoc they cause.

Trying to expand on the concept. Suggestions?
Hagga
QUOTE (TheWanderingJewels @ May 24 2010, 05:32 AM) *
Given what we know of Aztechnology and it's predelictions, a thought stuck me which would stick with the theme I've general noticed in Shadowrun of turning given conventions on it's ear.

Okay, We know the azzies are up to they beady blood soaked necks in Blood Magic and possibly feeding something very very nasty under Mexico City, My money is on The Big 'V' from Earthdawn), and after reading the SOLA notes, it seems to be creating a Horror Construct of truly epic proportions and yaddah yaddah....

Then we have this FABIII stuff thrown into the mix in Shadowrun. Nasty bacteria, eats manna and essence, leaves Holes in the astral....

So What happens when a Anti-Aztecnology faction who's got a fair idea what the Azzzies are up to Descides to weaponize this stuff and start using it on the Azzie Home bases that are enchanted six-ways from Sunday, tweaking the FABIII bacteria to spread very quickly.

While Beneficial over the long run, the Magi-terrorists seem to be hardcore nutters in the short with the amount of havoc they cause.

Trying to expand on the concept. Suggestions?

I'm more inclined to believe it's Vestrivan given form once more, with the Horror in complete control. (It was a western dragon the pot smoking Shaman saw, and not a feathered serpent, right?)

Well, FABIII would die quickly in Shadowrun - the insane background count would slaughter it, as would the fovae. The amount of priests in Aztlan, it's safe to say one would probably know Sterilize, too.
TheWanderingJewels
This is true... but I'm thinking a Aerosol bomb of sorts (or several) designed to spread quickly throughout the building. Combined with a Technomancer or decker opening the vents to allow it to spread (or help it along with envirocontrols. Assuming they pull it off, wouldn't FABIII feed off the background count as well...more mana = more power for it to feed off. The fact it's aspected towards Aztlaner magics shouldn't affect the FAB as it really won't notice that.

just trying to think of the implications of the fallout of a successful strike against Aztlan and the blood magi....with rather nasty side effects for the local astral
TheWanderingJewels
Plus there is a possability of a "Sterlize" resistant strain of FABIII arising from all the spell usage. while the FABIII might be containable ina small area...what happens when you have something jam open the air vents and lets the stuff blow through the arcoblock
Banaticus
QUOTE (Hagga @ May 23 2010, 10:03 PM) *
the insane background count would slaughter it

It doesn't matter how many vents you leave open. Unless you fix it so that the FAB is aligned with the background count, just releasing it into the air will kill it.
Glyph
FAB feeds on background count. However, it is pretty obvious astrally, and it can be killed easily by the sterilize spell (and a "sterilize-resistant" FAB would be like a "manaball-resistant" ork - it's a spell, not an antibody that you can develop a resistance too), as well as possibly by more mundane means (especially corporate compounds, which are designed with biochem defenses in mind). Overall, FAB takes too long to work, is too easy to spot, and is too easy to destroy once you've spotted it.
Hagga
My point about the fovae still stands, and it was implied that they're becoming increasingly common - twenty years or so ago, game time.
The Jopp
A slightly unrelated topic.

If FAB eats background count what happens when someone with Astral Hazing walks into a cloud of FAB bacteria?
Daddy's Little Ninja
Also the pyramid is the heart of Aztechnology, the corp and the magic. imagine it has every possible security precaution and then add on a few you did not imagine. Even airburst would stop FAB at the doorstep.
Ascalaphus
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jun 2 2010, 01:07 PM) *
A slightly unrelated topic.

If FAB eats background count what happens when someone with Astral Hazing walks into a cloud of FAB bacteria?

He probably becomes a carrier? I mean, any bacteria that happen to stick to him are provided with essentially unlimited food, so they'll reproduce like crazy.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Jun 2 2010, 06:22 PM) *
He probably becomes a carrier? I mean, any bacteria that happen to stick to him are provided with essentially unlimited food, so they'll reproduce like crazy.

Would that be a negative quality? grinbig.gif

Think about it, the moment he gets in contact with it they will reproduce and any spells cast within essence meters of him (even bacteria killing ones) will be hampered.

Goody for a streetsam.
TheWanderingJewels
QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Jun 2 2010, 12:21 PM) *
Also the pyramid is the heart of Aztechnology, the corp and the magic. imagine it has every possible security precaution and then add on a few you did not imagine. Even airburst would stop FAB at the doorstep.

this is true. but I'm wondering what would happen, assuming....ah...worst case scenario. With the screwed up background count in one of those places, and Assuming things go south for the Azzies, I'm wondering about the results.

Essentially, while Aztechnology is the Big Bad in SR, having them Taking it in the shorts hard would make for an interesting story. Which is what I'm trying to scrum on this thread for ideas
TheWanderingJewels
and to add to the fun.....what if the OPFOR was insect spirit backed? the bugs have a real reason from stopping the Azzies from getting to powerful. And insect spirits would make the best suicide bombers.

A truly dark scenario with the players who might be working for the bugs planting this stuff all over and the azzies (who are professionally unpleasant anyway) trying to stop them in the typically bloody minded fashion.

Then the players find out what they are working for
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012