Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chris Hurley - Combat Biker
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jopp
Hurley – Combat Biker

Hurley is (was) a street gang combat biker with a slight problem, he gambled, on himself.
What was worse, he lost.
He also lost with other people’s money – to be more exact, Mob money.

Lonesharks are seldom known for their charity, which mean that Hurley needed another income after being booted from the team and had to leave the gang after the mob had a “talk” with them.

After a few years of barely managing to get enough money to stay alive he has finally begun to get slightly more high-paying jobs.

And the mob is watching, after all, he is an investment that has earned them back their loan tenfold. All they need is a well placed threat now and then.

The problem with Hurley is that he is not easily scared standing a 2,8 meters above the ground as the average Fomori Troll. He is fit, well trained and equipped with the ware for the job.

He’s an adept with a few abilities that raise him above his peers, and a cyberarm to augment it to ludicrous levels.

He prefers to rely on unconventional weaponry and unarmed combat. He lacks a bit in the social department and his usually focused on what he can se and is easily distracted unless looking at it.

Combat Tactics
Throw things.

Seriously.

In melee he usually waits for the enemy to make a move and then goes full defense and throw them away. When they are more than melee range away he can throw a steel ball bearing with the force of a small cannon [STR 26/2= 13P or 13S].

With chameleon modified armor and bike he can make some nasty melee hit and run attacks with a base damage of 11P with killing hands

The Character
Chris Hurley [AKA Hurley, Hurl, /&¤%&#¤, Smash, Elfslinger]

Attributes
Body: 9
Agil: 5
Reaction: 4 (5)
Strength: 9 (22)
Charisma: 2
Logic: 2
Intuition: 2
Willpower: 2
Edge: 2
Magic: 6 (2)
Essence: 2,07

Initiative: 7 Passes: 2

Qualities
Restricted Gear: Cyberlimb Enhancements
Restricted Gear: Cyberlimbs
Restricted Gear: Suprathyroid Gland
Adept
Buggy Ware [Cyberarm] 1
In Debt [30K Mafia]
Martial Art: Boxing

Contacts
Street Fixer: C:2 / L:4
Cyberware Technician: C:2 / L:4

Adept Powers
Missile Mastery
Power Throw 2
Killing Hands

Ware
Second Hand Synthetic Cyberlimb (AV: 3)
Second Hand Customized Cyberlimb [STR:15 AGI: 5 BOD: 10] (AV:17)
Second Hand Synthetic Cybertorso [Internal Biomonitor]
Second Hand STR Improvement: STR+7 (AV: 20)
Second Hand Syprathyroid Gland
Synaptic Booster I
Reflex Recorder: Throwing
Reflex Recorder: Boxing
Autoinjector: [Reusable, X3 doses Trauma Patches X3 Guts]

[Skills]
Athletics Group 1
Stealth Group 1
Groundcraft [Bike] 1/3
Perception [Visual] 1/3
Etiquette [Gangs] 1/3
Martial Arts [Boxing] 2/4 [Defense Tests +1D6]
Melee Maneuver [Throw]
Dodge [Ranged] 1/3
Throwing 6

Main Equipment
Full bike armor with helmet and full securetech system
Entertainment System Cyclops variant (Bod 7 /Arm 1)

Bike is armoured with 12 points of armor, chameleon coating and a smart wheel. The bike armor is also equipped with chameleon coating.

Main Weapon
Steel ball bearings the size of marbles, carries around about a hundred of them. He also carries around an equal amount of small steel ball bearings the size of shot round. Count these as his regular throwing damage with Flechette rules [+2 Damage +5 armor]

He also has a backpack large enough to store his bike in so that he can carry it on his back when needed.
CeeJay
Great, now I need to get the picture of a 2.8m Troll sitting on an monocycle throwing marbles out of my mind! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

-CJ
The Jopp
QUOTE (CeeJay @ May 28 2010, 11:02 AM) *
Great, now I need to get the picture of a 2.8m Troll sitting on an monocycle throwing marbles out of my mind! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

-CJ

I'm thinking of giving him some kind of custom maneuver like "Bike Swing" or something as he can use the bike as a melee weapon and most likely throw it since he can carry it on his back.
Saint Sithney
So, he rides around on a regular bike, which looks like a pocket bike in comparison? Hilarious.
Laughing One
QUOTE (SR4A pg.343)
....They allow the user to raise their starting Body, Strength,
and Agility attributes up to the character’s natural attribute maximum
(p. 68)....

Emphasis added.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Laughing One @ May 28 2010, 12:24 PM) *
Emphasis added.

Ah, that means I can get up to 11 with Metagenic Improvement or Exceptional Attribute and then add +7 for Strength Improvement?

So a maximum cyberlimb as a starting character at 18?
Laughing One
QUOTE (The Jopp @ May 28 2010, 11:36 AM) *
Ah, that means I can get up to 11 with Metagenic Improvement or Exceptional Attribute and then add +7 for Strength Improvement?

So a maximum cyberlimb as a starting character at 18?

For a starting character with a natural attribute maximum of 11, the maximum enhanced attribute a customized cyberlimb can have is 18, assuming all requirement are fulfilled.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Laughing One @ May 28 2010, 12:50 PM) *
For a starting character with a natural attribute maximum of 11, the maximum enhanced attribute a customized cyberlimb can have is 18, assuming all requirement are fulfilled.

I can live with that.

I'm pretty sure Hurley is satisifed with his throwing damage of 11P as well.
Mesh
Cyberlimbs start with attributes of 3. How do you get to 20 strength with one?

Mesh
The Jopp
On another note.

When an adept use Improved Physical attribute, does it only affect natural attributes or are cyberlimb affected as well?

After all, it IS magic. The easy solution is to simplay pay the higher cost to have it apply to an overpowered cyberlimb.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Mesh @ May 28 2010, 12:56 PM) *
Cyberlimbs start with attributes of 3. How do you get to 20 strength with one?

Mesh

Restricted Gear: Cyberlimbs (Max Availability 20)
Second hand limb availability: 3
Customized Cyberlimb to Natural maximum STR 11 (+8 ) Availability for second hand: +8
Customized Cyberlimb to AGI 5 (+2) Availability for second hand: +2
Customized Cyberlimb to BOD 9 (+6) Availability for second hand: +6
TOTAL Availability: 19

Restricted Gear: Cyberlimb Customization (Second Hand - Availability -1)
Str modification +7 (availability 21-1)
TOTAL Availability: 20

STR11+7=18

Power Throw adept power lvl 2= +4 STR for throwing

Total STR for throwing 22 / 2 = 11P with missile mastery
Laughing One
Just seen it in your other thread about bows and thought I should mention it here: You cant get anything with a rating above 6 on character generation. Meaning +7 Strength enhancement is out of the window, and its a good question if customized attributes are considered as rating.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Laughing One @ May 28 2010, 02:26 PM) *
Just seen it in your other thread about bows and thought I should mention it here: You cant get anything with a rating above 6 on character generation. Meaning +7 Strength enhancement is out of the window, and its a good question if customized attributes are considered as rating.

Hmm, this is a new thing from SR4A right?

And I also assume that rating has no bearing on Restricted gear quality.
CeeJay
Good point, cyberlimb enhancements (the kind that costs capacity) do have a rating, so at character generation you are limited to rating 6 regardless of availability (s. SR4A p. 86).

Cyberlimb customization (the kind that only increases base availability of the limb) on the other hand does not have a rating, so buying Str up to natural maximum is totally legal.

Fortunately, while Chris Hurley's Str in his throwing arm is therefore reduced to 17 (11 from customization + 6 from enhancements), his throwing damage stays the same.

Oh, and I'm AFB at the moment, but wasn't there an optimized cyberlimb in Augmentation that gives a DP Modifier to throwing? Don't know if this messes with the arms availability, but it could be another option for Chris.

-CJ

-Edit: Added reference
Laughing One
QUOTE (The Jopp @ May 28 2010, 01:45 PM) *
Hmm, this is a new thing from SR4A right?

And I also assume that rating has no bearing on Restricted gear quality.

Check out Gear on pg. 84 sr4, or pg. 86 on sr4a.

I guess its an often overlooked rule.
KarmaInferno
Hurley?

-np
Drats
QUOTE (CeeJay @ May 28 2010, 02:50 PM) *
Oh, and I'm AFB at the moment, but wasn't there an optimized cyberlimb in Augmentation that gives a DP Modifier to throwing? Don't know if this messes with the arms availability, but it could be another option for Chris.

Yeah, the one intended for Baseball players. My copy of Augmentation is at my GM's house, so I can't quote the crunch. You were probably already aware of this, but all of the optimized limbs have a reduced slot limit for modifications, so that might jack up your setup a bit.
The Jopp
QUOTE (CeeJay @ May 28 2010, 02:50 PM) *

-Edit: Added reference

There is, but an Optimized cyberlimb loose 2 capacity and raise availability by +4.

Makes it a bit hard to squeeze in. Oh, can be done.

Synthetic Limb: Capacity 8 Avail 3
Optimized Throwing Limb Cap-2 Avail +4

Limb Avail 7
STR 11 (+8 ) Avail +7
BOD 9 (+3) Avail +5
AGI 5 (+2) Avail +1

Limb Availability: 20

So, yea, we can squeeze that in.
The Jopp
We basically get a similar thrower as an troll adept/bioware combo.

Changeling II : Metagenic Improvement (STR+1)
Rest Gear: Muscle Aug (Second hand R4)
Rest Gear: Suprathyroid Gland

Base: 5
Metagenic: +1
Muscle Aug 4: +4
Syprathyroid Gland: +1
Bought: +5

Total: 16

Power Throw 3 to a total of STR 22 (11P with a brick with missile mastery)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012