Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visual Aids
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Black Mamba
Is there, or has there ever been, a Shadowrun resource that gave Players/GM's access to the two decades worth of flavor art owned by Wizkids?

I'm all about using visual aids to help solidify the experience for the players. If a character handles a document, that document has a real world counterpart that gets placed in the hands of the player.

I'm starting up a new gaming group and would really dig some larger versions of the gear images. One of my favorite things about the 1st Edition Books was the full-page images found throughout the books. I imagine it's not cost effective, in terms of the printing process, but I sure do miss it.

Any comments, suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.
10gauge
Try deviantART.com. There you can find some great stuff. I like the work of biometal79.

http://biometal79.deviantart.com/

But try a search like Shadowrun Gear or Shadowrun Weapons and you'll find plenty of stuff.

Cheers!
Synner667
I'd love to have gear cards, location handouts, character sheets, etc for handout to characters.

I think it's one of the big failing for SR that they never took fans ideas into account and released things that fans have mentioned, that fans would have bought, that would have raised cash...
...Maybe another company will realise the potential.
Dr.Rockso
I think it's one of the big failing for SR that they never took fans ideas into account and released things that fans have mentioned, that fans would have bought, that would have raised cash...

Didn't Shadows of Europe start here as a fan project?
Black Mamba
Thanks for the suggestion 10gauge. I've already got an account on Deviantart solely for the purpose of compiling said images. Biometal79 mentioned the existence of individual 3D images of all the weapons listed, but also mentioned a lack of desire in uploading them. 3D images of all those weapons would be amazing.

I'm hoping that someone in the know has taken a peak at this thread. I would certainly be willing to pay for something as cool as gear cards. I still have a series of 3 x 5 index cards to which I affixed all the gear images from Fields of Fire and Street Samurai Catalog back in 1995. One side had the image, the other had the stats. I also made copies of every paranormal creature image available in all the 1st and 2nd edition books, which I enlarged, reduced and cropped to make an easy reference portfolio. It was always a blast to pull out an image and watch the faces of the players as they processed their "fight or flight" reflex.
Platinum
QUOTE (Synner667 @ Jun 1 2010, 06:33 AM) *
I'd love to have gear cards, location handouts, character sheets, etc for handout to characters.

Hopefully we can change that. I am willing to throw my skills at things. I have professional graphic design and layout skills. I am not an illustrator, however. Perhaps we can throw more stuff together, and incorporate some fantart. Fexes got the jump on me with his SOLA layout, so I have some free time for other projects. Developing cards, handouts and additional rule sets would be great.
Synner667
I'm already working towards putting the Twilight World RPG out as a flashcard format...
...Which is only a step away from handouts, gear, locations for other use.

Interested people can get in touch.

I can't draw, I'm not much good at layouts [Indesign 5 is out of my budget - for now], but I do deliver what I agree to...
...So if you have ideas and/or want fan based material, look me up.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012