Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Draco Foundation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MikeKozar
My team has stumbled across what looks like an ill-bound demon; I'm not much for the esoteric, so I couldn't tell you what exactly this thing is in Shadowrun terms. Suffice to say there is much muttering about the urgency of releasing it. We have our doubts as to the long-term profitability of taking that advice.

My question is, what demons exist in Shadowrun, and does the Draco Foundation offer any canonical bounties on ganking them?
Jaid
QUOTE (MikeKozar @ Jun 2 2010, 01:38 AM) *
My team has stumbled across what looks like an ill-bound demon; I'm not much for the esoteric, so I couldn't tell you what exactly this thing is in Shadowrun terms. Suffice to say there is much muttering about the urgency of releasing it. We have our doubts as to the long-term profitability of taking that advice.

My question is, what demons exist in Shadowrun, and does the Draco Foundation offer any canonical bounties on ganking them?

probably the closest thing to a demon is a shadow spirit (of the free variety). not sure if you can get money from anyone... guess you could use it as a blackmail tool, threaten to release it someplace. with a few good con rolls, you can convince your target that it will be trapped near wherever you release it wink.gif
IKerensky
I am pretty sure that, given the other bounties offered by the Draco Foundation, they will gladly pay a nice price for this peculiar item of yours.

Good idea to contact them and do a price check.
HappyDaze
QUOTE (MikeKozar @ Jun 2 2010, 01:38 AM) *
My question is, what demons exist in Shadowrun

Depending on the Tradition of the summoner and the beliefs of the observer, any spirit could be construed as a demon (or an angel, or a god, or...).
TBRMInsanity
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Jun 2 2010, 01:50 AM) *
Depending on the Tradition of the summoner and the beliefs of the observer, any spirit could be construed as a demon (or an angel, or a god, or...).

Well put. There are any number of unknown spirits out there. For all you know it could just be a toxic spirit of man (which does have a bounty on it). If the Draco Foundation won't pay out, there is still Republic de Quebec as well. They pay bounties on all sorts of Awakened critters.
Jaid
QUOTE (TBRMInsanity @ Jun 2 2010, 06:39 AM) *
Well put. There are any number of unknown spirits out there. For all you know it could just be a toxic spirit of man (which does have a bounty on it). If the Draco Foundation won't pay out, there is still Republic de Quebec as well. They pay bounties on all sorts of Awakened critters.

well, presumably quebec only pays a bounty on critters originally found within their territory.
TBRMInsanity
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jun 2 2010, 05:18 PM) *
well, presumably quebec only pays a bounty on critters originally found within their territory.

Quebec has a lot of wilderness. Prove it didn't come from Quebec.
Jaid
QUOTE (TBRMInsanity @ Jun 2 2010, 09:53 PM) *
Quebec has a lot of wilderness. Prove it didn't come from Quebec.

well, either you're going to have to smuggle it across the border, which is likely going to cost you (probably more than they're paying unless they've legitimately had a problem with that specific spirit and have a specific bounty on that spirit).

alternately, i *suppose* you could try to get it through airport security and customs without anyone noticing... good luck with that.

(on a side note, if you have somehow managed to craft a device that can contain a (powerful?) (free?) spirit against it's will, then i have to say... forget about selling the spirit, sell the jar)
TBRMInsanity
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jun 3 2010, 02:05 AM) *
(on a side note, if you have somehow managed to craft a device that can contain a (powerful?) (free?) spirit against it's will, then i have to say... forget about selling the spirit, sell the jar)

Now that is something I will agree with you about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012