Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Communication for inhabitation spirits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tyro
My character for an upcoming game has a wolf familiar named Marley, who is inhabited by his ally spirit. Marley obviously can't communicate in the traditional manner, and a mindnet spell for the whole party would be VERY expensive to keep up (a F5 sustaining focus is NOT cheap!). I'm considering a custom spell to give him telepathy; what are your thoughts?
tagz
Well, I think you might mean you have a Free Ally Spirit in a vessel that USED to be Marley, since to my understanding, the Inhabitation process destroys the original host mind.
Tyro
QUOTE (tagz @ Jun 2 2010, 06:36 PM) *
Well, I think you might mean you have a Free Ally Spirit in a vessel that USED to be Marley, since to my understanding, the Inhabitation process destroys the original host mind.

Ally yes, free no. Marley is the name of the spirit; Iggy bought a wolf pup specifically for the ally summoning ritual. The wolf never had a name.
Emy
Can't inhabitation spirits use 'ware with their meat-bits? Give it a commlink and a trode net or something.
tagz
Ahh, I see. I thought you intended to be in contact with a trained animal as opposed to the spirit. Might have been reading too fast.

Anyhow, if it's your ally spirit... it should already have the power "Sense Link". Read up on it SM 54. If that's not enough, give it "Mind Link" for another 5 karma.

And the spirit can use implanted cyber if it's a hybrid form.
Tyro
QUOTE (tagz @ Jun 2 2010, 06:54 PM) *
Ahh, I see. I thought you intended to be in contact with a trained animal as opposed to the spirit. Might have been reading too fast.

Anyhow, if it's your ally spirit... it should already have the power "Sense Link". Read up on it SM 54. If that's not enough, give it "Mind Link" for another 5 karma.

And the spirit can use implanted cyber if it's a hybrid form.

Where do I find Mind Link? And does it allow Marley to communicate with the rest of the team?

Unfortunately Iggy is against polluting one's body with 'ware, as he's a devout Rastafarian. I made Marley a mutant - Sensetive System and Quick Healer.
tagz
Actually, it will let the MULTIPLE people talk mentally, like a group chat. SM p101
Tyro
QUOTE (tagz @ Jun 2 2010, 07:08 PM) *
Actually, it will let the MULTIPLE people talk mentally, like a group chat. SM p101

Sweet! That's exactly what I needed. I can't believe I missed it *sheepish*
tagz
Glad I could help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012