Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sprites and ReCompiling
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Digger
Ok, so a technomancer can only have 5 sprites. Now the rules of decompiling state:

If the sprite’s tasks are reduced to 0, it will dissipate on its next action. Any technomancer on hand
may attempt to compile it again before it leaves, bringing it back under their control.

Now does that mean my buddy can create a sprite of a type I do not have at say rating 1, decompile it, and then I grab it and recompile it? I assume at that point I could register the darn thing. This seems like a cheap loophole, but at the same time, it kinda makes sense.

Thoughts?
darthmord
That is it in a nutshell.

Mages can do the same with spirits. Once the entity exists, anyone with the right skills can take it over.
Udoshi
And somewhere out there, there is a Mystic adept, pretending to be a poke-rancher, by collecting rare, out-of-tradition spirits(twisted, toxic, shadow, free, great form, the list goes on!), and binding them again before they go away.
tagz
gotta catch 'em all
Caadium
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jun 3 2010, 04:55 PM) *
And somewhere out there, there is a Mystic adept, pretending to be a poke-rancher, by collecting rare, out-of-tradition spirits(twisted, toxic, shadow, free, great form, the list goes on!), and binding them again before they go away.

New underground fight scene! I'm thinking future run here; PC's hired by someone to break up these little duals.

"Toxic Spirit, I choose you!"
Jaid
QUOTE (Caadium @ Jun 3 2010, 08:04 PM) *
New underground fight scene! I'm thinking future run here; PC's hired by someone to break up these little duals.

"Toxic Spirit, I choose you!"

heh, if you make it obvious what the underground fighting is, you probably won't even have to pay them nyahnyah.gif

well. you might have to pay them to prevent them from causing collateral damage from the use of orbital weapons (it's the only way to be sure...)
Caadium
Good point. This is a, "Holy Shit, guess whats going on under that bridge! I'll be the Draco Foundation would pay HUGE for this!" moment.
Udoshi
What have I -dooonnnee-! oh god.

Underground spirit-fighting betting rings. Like chickenfighting, with more fireball.

Glorious.

Edit: You know, now that I think about it, using spirits with realistic form might be a way to keep a ring like this a bit under the radar - especially with awakened paracritters thrown in there.
Daylen
and maybe have a human adept raised as a slave to fight tossed in the mix to keep the betting up.
tagz
I've had some underground paracritter fighting at my table. My players won some money on a Metaroo boxing match.
TommyTwoToes
QUOTE (Daylen @ Jun 3 2010, 09:55 PM) *
and maybe have a human adept raised as a slave to fight tossed in the mix to keep the betting up.

Use orcs instead, they mature faster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012