Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post Hacker Builds Here
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Molly Hayes
Hello Dumpshock forum members. I am looking to make a Hacker in SR4 and I was looking to see what people have done for themselves? I am your clay, help me make "magic". Not looking to make a troll or ork hacker, but a dwarf, elf or human would be pretty awesome. I tried searching through the forums for the word Hacker, and Hackers but there are a heck of a lot of posts. So I thought I would come out and ask outright for people to post their builds so I could get a better grasp of how to build one other than trying to puzzle through making the Sample Hacker into something other than an ork.

I guess I should add I am looking for chargen legal builds, and non-drone technomancers would be cool too.
Udoshi
Man, you gotta realize that you're asking people to throw up a lot of *effort* to slap a bunch of characters up in a post, just cause you asked. Its much, much more common for -you- to post a build, and the community to critique it (bring some thick skin if you're proposing anything too radical, people are opinionated here.)

Fortunately, you're in luck.

Grab your books, and get to reading PACKS. You can read about the history of the PACKS system, Here. But, basically, its mini-build-blocks of 100 or so BP, that fill a role. And some of those roles include Hackers. Which is exactly what you need. So get to reading. You're going to need Unwired(commlink mods & accessories), Augmentation(Some implants, bioware, geneware), and possibly Arsenal(useful rigger toys, random electonic stuff like laser links and EMP guns)

There's been some other good reading material lately, but dumpshock's search function as always, is ass. So here you go
Iconic Hacker
Alternative Hackers. Some of my better work. It gets intersting halfway through.
Someone asking for rigger advice, which is rather related to hacking.
Super spider sam, the mystic adept hacker
an attempt at a pixie

Uh. Yeah. Don't be discouraged if people don't reply at first. Try asking specific questions instead.
Molly Hayes
Well mostly I was hoping people would post links to their stuff wink.gif Thanks for the start!
Eratosthenes
I made this one a while ago. It plays a little loose with a few rules (i.e. Genetic Heritage, so needs GM approval), but I think he's fairly well balanced.

And a non-drone Fomori Technomancer.

Both are 400 BP. I've not had a chance to play them, however.
Molly Hayes
QUOTE (Eratosthenes @ Jun 8 2010, 09:50 PM) *
I made this one a while ago. It plays a little loose with a few rules (i.e. Genetic Heritage, so needs GM approval), but I think he's fairly well balanced.

And a non-drone Fomori Technomancer.

Both are 400 BP. I've not had a chance to play them, however.

Oh awesome, thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012