Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: smart underwear
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100610/lf_nm_...derpants_health

for the US military, who else.

seems to be more about sensors then storage right now tho.
Teryn180
As strange as it is, I can actually understand why they put the biomonitor stuff in underwear.
Mesh
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 10 2010, 06:59 PM) *
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100610/lf_nm_...derpants_health

for the US military, who else.

seems to be more about sensors then storage right now tho.

Storage how? Like mandiaper capacity? I know that would let us take trips without stopping (crazed astronaut style), but is it really necessary?

Mesh
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Mesh @ Jun 11 2010, 01:38 AM) *
Storage how? Like mandiaper capacity? I know that would let us take trips without stopping (crazed astronaut style), but is it really necessary?

i take it your not familiar with the running joke about carrying the library of congress in ones underwear.

basically its a play on the infinite storage capacity every computer in SR4 has, comboed with even underwear having a computer embedded.
Wandering One
Wearable biosensors can also provide valuable information to athletes or even measure blood alcohol levels.

Me driving home from bar one evening, seeing blue and red lights in window behind me...

Officer: Excuse me, sir, but I need to have a quick talk with your underwear.

Me: O.o
Mesh
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 10 2010, 07:45 PM) *
i take it your not familiar with the running joke about carrying the library of congress in ones underwear.

basically its a play on the infinite storage capacity every computer in SR4 has, comboed with even underwear having a computer embedded.

I get it now. I just prefer bathroom humor.

Mesh
Tachi
What I really want to know is if it will pop up in an AR window once a week or so to remind me to change into a new pair... wobble.gif
Faraday
QUOTE (Tachi @ Jun 10 2010, 09:19 PM) *
What I really want to know is if it will pop up in an AR window once a week or so to remind me to change into a new pair... wobble.gif

-Beep-
Status report.
Days Since Last Change: 14
Soilage level: Significant
-Perspiration: 67%
-Urine: 19%
-Fecal Matter: 8%
-Unkown: 6%
WARNING: MICROBIAL ACTIVITY DETECTED
Mesh
LOL, he has poop in his shorts.

Mesh
Xahn Borealis
What about 'Unknown'?
Draco18s
QUOTE (Mesh @ Jun 10 2010, 07:05 PM) *
I get it now. I just prefer bathroom humor.

Eat every carrot and pea in the dish.

QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jun 11 2010, 01:26 PM) *
What about 'Unknown'?

Clearly nanites. Lets hope they're not cutters.
Tachi
LOL
Xahn Borealis
Or just the dead ones that get flushed from your system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012