Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Effect of Focus Will and Daredrenaline on Drain
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
czarcasm
A number of things state in their description that they provide bonus dice for "Willpower tests," such as the Focus Will manuever from Arsenal and the Daredrenaline genetech from Augmentation. Do they assist magicians with drain test, which regardless of tradition uses the Willlpower attribute? And are they subject to the augmented maximums?

Thanks.
Udoshi
Does a cerebral booster, whichs adds to logic, stop counting as logic for some bizarre reason if a WP+Log mage needs to roll to resist drain?

Quick check: Does the bonus say its to willpower-liked rolls(for some reason, like PuSHeD), or to willpower?
Are you rolling willpower?

Is this really that hard?
Daredrenaile adds to willpower roll (+1 dice pool modifier on all Willpower Tests. Augp90)
You roll willpower for drain.
You paid essence or BP for it.
Go nuts.
jimbo
I've been playing a Chinese Ork kung-fu magician with Martial Arts 1, Kick and Focus Will. I can testify the Focus Will is very useful, but not broken. Out of combat, he uses FW every time before casting/summoning. In combat, not so much.

Although it is nice when we go to Initiative because things look dicey, and on IP 1 if I have no targets or pressing concerns, I delay action. I usually have Increased Reflexes up for 3 IPs, so if it looks like I'm about to lose my IP 1 delayed action, I commit to the Complex Action for Focus Will in case IP 2 offers a chance to use the Willpower bonus (Drain, Fear, etc.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012