Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MATRIX PROGRAM
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
holychampion
This started from a different thread on matrix runs and learning how they work. 2 years ago I ran into this Matrix program that simulates the Matrix using SR rules. I got the program free, their is info. on buying the full version at a cost.
Now I've used the program for my in game matrix runs only to solve the problem of time effiency for the other players. I frequently run the matrix "paper-style" when the Decker and I are alone and can take the time to roleplay the scenario, I do this at least once before every gaming session and usually do so on large scale runs into Name corporations. However I don't have to as all the Name Corps from seattle are already saved in the program, as well as the whole Seattle RTG and a slue of Bars, restaurants, gunshops, magic shops ect.
The program has Reality filters and allows you to import images for your Private or Sculpted settings.
Please no slamming me for having seem or used this program, I do not think this program is a substitute for learning the rules of running the matrix, I've played SR for near 11 years and I do know the rules, I just find it interesting that no-one has seen or heard of the program before and I also think that it is a great in game time saver for big groups.
The other reason for this thread is to share what I have and know about the program. If the guy who made it can benefit from this thread then maybe I've done my good deed for the day.
simonw2000
Let me know when he can do the full version for free biggrin.gif
Lilt
Yes, and what's the name of the program? Who made it? Where can I get the free copy?
Kagetenshi
And does he have a license to be selling gaming aids?

~J
Grey
Yeah, got a link? Thats something that I'd be willing to pay for.
holychampion
O.K. I've found the programers info.
copyright 1995-2000. by STEFAN MARKGRAF, Germany.
Programmed by Icetoaster@gmx.de
The program is freeware. The deluxe version allows u to insert new programs for Decks and new ICE.
www.geocities.com//TimesSquare/5245.
If your a lurker Stefan. Hats off chummer to a very well written program.
Grey
QUOTE (holychampion)
www.geocities.com//TimesSquare/5245.

URL is dead.
Kanada Ten
Try This

Holy Champion had a slight typo in the address.
Kagetenshi
Drop one of the double-slashes and it lives.

~J
holychampion
With this program u can insert your decker info.
You can insert Deck info. all saved in the data base for use in the matrix program.
holychampion
thanks guys. At work and typing fast to answer questions. Off in 1/2 hr and will be back to answer more questions if neccessary.
Grey
Duh...
spotlite
Hah! 'this site has exceeded its data capacity allowance. please try again later'

Go us! *ahem*.
Grey
rotfl.gif Thats too funny. Damn that was FAST!
holychampion
now, now everyone be patient and wait your turn biggrin.gif
Grey
I got mine! smile.gif
holychampion
ok, let me (us) know what u think.
Damn, should have contacted this guy and got payed on commission biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
Well, since he made the stuff freeware it looks like he gets out under the legal problems...

~J
Synner
Just for reference - just as I thought the system uses the pre-SR3 dungeon crawl (SR1 and VR1) style Node system - and I suspect remaining rules as well - since I fail to see a number of options. Pity. It looks nice.
Body Hammer
What version is the program?
hobgoblin
just the program i expected. i ran into it ones when iwas bored and slapped google around about for new games to try.

hmm, i see the sourcecode is out (vb3 frown.gif ) so maybe someone feels like disecting and rebuilding? err forget that, the link was as dead as a rat under a trolls foot.
Buzzed
maybe Dumpshock can host an "amature freeware" download section for programs just like this. Soemone make one for Rigging and combat and I will be set for lazy GMing.
hobgoblin
the archive had a lot of linkes at one time for diffrent software but i fear it have died a slow rotting death...
spotlite
dunno what version the rules its based on are, but the last time it was updated was 2000. So that's borderline SR2/3, time wise.
Taran
It seems to be SR2. The program-size function has some programs I don't recognize: "Mirrors", "Auto-Execute", and "Sift", among others.
Synner
The program uses SR1 and VR systems, the most easily recognized element is the (dungeoncrawl) Nodes system. Others are the available programs and there's also references to CPUs, SPUs and Datastores (all concepts abolished when SR2 evolved the Matrix rules to the faster and more streamlined "Host" system).
Taran
Ah. I know only SR3, so I figured anything I didn't know had to be from 2.
Kagetenshi
Mmm, dungeon-crawling...

~J
Body Hammer
Well, I've had a copy of this program archived on my site for years. Which is why I asked the version number that he had. But, nobody wants to tell me, so nevermind I guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012