Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gunsel Karcist
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
IKerensky
Hello,

I found this reference in PACKS but have a hard time figuring exactly how to play it. I understand it seems to have high control on his guns and probably still when he is in RV ?

Is that something more behind it ? Am I lacking a book ?
Udoshi
As far as I can tell, the basic idea is that the Guardians, with its upgrades, have a Machine Sprite inside each one that which links with the cyberarms, to shoot people.

For controlling it, the TM would issue commands to his registered sprites.(which have their own seperate initiative), who would then take the shot. Or, he could always shoot manually, using the two-gun rules - and benefit from machine sprite Diagnostics instead.
Deadmannumberone
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 2 2010, 06:28 PM) *
The Gunsel Karcist concept is basically a technomancer gunslinger - the root words (Adam Jury gave me the hairy eyeball on these at one point) are gunsel as in "hired gun" or "shootist" and karcist which is a world for a ritual practitioner in some obscure magical works, and also sometimes used by early UNIX programmers. It's pretty much the weirdest concept out there.

Strait from the authors lips (I imagine Adam's hairy eyeball came from the fact that another translation for gunsel is 'male sex slave' and karcist also means 'internet').
Yerameyahu
Actually, that's the only real definition of 'gunsel'. It was sort of snuck into the 'hired gun' (or 'hired gun's assistant/apprentice/young boy') as a trick past the censors. smile.gif Ain't English fun?
Ancient History
Yeah, well. It seemed "punk" enough for me. nyahnyah.gif
Deadmannumberone
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 16 2010, 05:35 AM) *
Actually, that's the only real definition of 'gunsel'. It was sort of snuck into the 'hired gun' (or 'hired gun's assistant/apprentice/young boy') as a trick past the censors. smile.gif Ain't English fun?

Gunsel can also mean 'gun-toting thug'.
Yerameyahu
Yes, *now*. But it never *did* before the word was snuck into texts—specifically, The Maltese Falcon, I think—under the noses of censors who assumed it meant 'hired gun'/etc. That's exactly my point. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012