Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Dragons6thW] Favorite Great Dragon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Kanada Ten
Pick your Johnson...

If you would have chosen "Other" or "All," blame the Admins for maxing it at Ten.
But you can post your pick here.

Aden for me!

devil.gif
Fygg Nuuton
ghostwalker, he seems to have an "i am badass" air about him

plus his scales would make a nice jacket! grinbig.gif
Fortune
Out of that list I picked Ghostwalker.

I thought that the Admins had raised the poll limit to 20.
Nath
Transys Neur... uh, I meant, Celedyr biggrin.gif Lofwyr was close behind but there was not enough corporate information to please me.
Senchae
I might have voted Lofwyr, but there was some guy named Lofwry up there. So I picked Celedyr, who was my favorite of the ones I didn't know a lot about beforehand.
ThatPaolo
Good ole Dunkie. He rock[ed|s].
Dvixen
Mujaji!
TekDragon
Hestaby. I just liked the way she was in survival of the fittest.
Kanada Ten
Senchae
I might have voted Lofwyr, but there was some guy named Lofwry up there. So I picked Celedyr, who was my favorite of the ones I didn't know a lot about beforehand.

It was... late sleepy.gif

[edit]Any bored Admin want to help a freak out and fix that?

Fortune
Out of that list I picked Ghostwalker.

I thought that the Admins had raised the poll limit to 20.

Who would you have chosen otherwise?

I just wrote them in book order and tried to post them.
The screen said, "NO!"
Fortune
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
Who would you have chosen otherwise?

Arleesh! I have a thing for Feathered Serpents.
HMHVV Hunter
Lung seems pretty cool. He seems to be a very spiritual dragon, IMO.
booklord
Where is Ryumyo? Sirrurg? Alamais?

Why are only the nice dragons listed?

Ryumyo, I Choose you!
KosherPickle
QUOTE (booklord)
Where is Ryumyo?  Sirrurg?  Alamais?

Why are only the nice dragons listed?

Ryumyo,  I Choose you!

Right, because Ghostwalker, Lofwyr, and Aden are the epitomy of courteousness.
hp_warcraft
Masaru - else the wrath of elissa be upon you,
and the wrath of elissa is a terrible thing to behold. grinbig.gif
Lucyfersam
It was close between Celedyr and Rhonobwy, but Celedyr won out as he just seems to have more style, even if Rhonobwy is the national symbol. Gotta love the Welsh dragons.

bluedragon7
Damon and Peri are cool, and id have to have a magic-student from Prague biggrin.gif

cya bluedragon7
Hot Wheels
Dunkelzahn!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Well...all of the above pretenders would look good stuffed and mounted in my lair.
Ancient History
Mikey...that's unhygenic. And what if someone catches you? Mounting a Great Dragon...
I picked Hestaby.

However if good ole' Big D was on the list I would have gone for him in an instant.

I hate I started after the Big D was dead.

2:52:16
Can you do it that fast?
Panzergeist
Ever read "The Burning Time?" Ghostwalker fricking comes back to life! How cool is that!?
Pistons
I'm not sure he was dead, per se... just out in the astral planes for a really, really long time. smile.gif
Data Wrangler
It's gotta be Lofwry [sic]. He's gonna hunt you down for misspelling his name.

Lofwyr is not only a real "dragon's dragon," he's also corporate. He's the archetype for much of what's wrong with the Sixth World. As a GM, I respect that. wink.gif

Dunkelzahn/Ghostwalker runs a close second, but he was too trustable as the Big D, and he's too inscrutable as G-walker. (If, indeed, they are ona and the same.)
Fortune
QUOTE (Data Wrangler @ Oct 13 2003, 03:10 AM)
Dunkelzahn/Ghostwalker runs a close second, but he was too trustable as the Big D, and he's too inscrutable as G-walker. (If, indeed, they are ona and the same.)

Why would you think they were one and the same dragon? There are no grounds to base this suspicion on.
Jon Szeto
QUOTE (Pistons @ Oct 12 2003, 12:06 PM)
I'm not sure he was dead, per se... just out in the astral planes for a really, really long time. smile.gif

DUNKELZAHN: Ghostwalker! Ghostwalker! Speak to me!

'To whoever finds this note: I have been imprisoned by my father, who wishes me to marry against my will. Please, please, please come and rescue me. I am in the Tall Tower of Swamp Castle.'

At last! A call! A cry of distress! This could be the sign that leads us to the Holy Grail! Brave, brave Ghostwalker, you shall not have died in vain!

GHOSTWALKER: Uh, I'm-- I'm not quite dead, sir.

D: Well, you shall not have been mortally wounded in vain!

G: I-- I-- I think I c-- I could pull through, sir.

D: Oh, I see.

G: Actually, I think I'm all right to come with you, sir--

D: No, no, sweet Ghostwalker! Stay here! I will send help as soon as I have accomplished a daring and heroic rescue in my own particular... [sigh]

G: Idiom, sir?

D: Idiom!

G: No, I feel fine, actually, sir.

D: Farewell, sweet Ghostwalker!

G: I'll, um, I'll just stay here then. Shall I, sir? Yeah.

biggrin.gif
Looks at what Szeto wrote. Ummm his tactics are beyond anything that I have seen. The other answer could be I'm so beyond them that they seem to, well, archiac.
Tanka
Have to go with Ghostwalker. Don't like Lofwyr, silly SK owner...

Hate SK! mad.gif
Data Wrangler
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Data Wrangler)
Dunkelzahn/Ghostwalker runs a close second... If, indeed, they are one and the same.

Why would you think they were one and the same dragon? There are no grounds to base this suspicion on.

Grounds? Who needs grounds in the Sixth World? I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist, that's all. smile.gif

Besides: Big-D vanishes, G-Walker appears. That's proof enough for me! (In other words, have you ever seen the two of them together?)

QED
Fortune
QUOTE (Data Wrangler)
Besides: Big-D vanishes, G-Walker appears. That's proof enough for me! (In other words, have you ever seen the two of them together?)

Yes, but not in the Sixth World, only in the Fourth.

Ghostwalker is in fact Icewing (also known as Doll Maker), Dunkmeister's brother.
Kanada Ten
But why then does Ghostwalker allow Morningstar (one who preaches that Ghostwalker is indeed Dunkelzahn returned) a meeting and blessing?

Why does the UCAS so quickly side with the dragon as he destroys the city?

Why Denver, so close to where Dunkelzahn is rumored to have a secret lair?

Why do members of the Draco Foundation meet with Ghostwalker only to have no comment afterward?

While we think we know from the metaplot, who in the world is to say he is not?

The pale skin from living trough death!
Like Odin does our messiah rise!
Back with knowledge beyond mortal keen!
Look to our graveyards!
Are the Shedim, who came with our Lord, not a sign of his power over death?
Fortune
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
But why then does Ghostwalker allow Morningstar (one who preaches that Ghostwalker is indeed Dunkelzahn returned) a meeting and blessing?

Why wouldn't he? What does it matter to him if some nutter is wandering around preaching that he is a God reborn?

Probably as a result of the high-level meetings with the V.P. and other assorted alumni.

Because Ghostwalker originally had his lair in Denver (or the general vicinity thereof).
Why do members of the Draco Foundation meet with Ghostwalker only to have no comment afterward?

Possibly because they were passing along messages and or other 'tokens' entrusted to them to give to Ghostwalker from Dunkleberry.

The colorings of the two Great Dragons in question, not to mention their temperments and methodologies are totally different.
Kanada Ten
Kanada Ten

Fortune
Probably as a result of the high-level meetings with the V.P. and other assorted alumni.

And how does Ghostwalker know who the VP or even what the UCAS is?

Kanada Ten

Fortune
Because Ghostwalker originally had his lair in Denver (or the general vicinity thereof).

That is true wether Ghostwalker is Dunkelzahn or not.

Kanada TenWhy do members of the Draco Foundation meet with Ghostwalker only to have no comment afterward?

Fortune
Possibly because they were passing along messages and or other 'tokens' entrusted to them to give to Ghostwalker from Dunkleberry.

Or return items Dunkelzahn left to reclaim in case the other dragons stole everything else.

Fortune
The colorings of the two Great Dragons in question, not to mention their temperaments and methodologies are totally different.

I already answered the coloring... who can say that death would not change one's temperament? Does myth not state that the Lamb Jesus shall return as a Lion?
Is this not what Dunkelzahn has done?

Hell I see Ghostwalker is the Master of Shedim, Doll-Maker Unbound before The Dragon Reborn, but the argument can be made without OoC knowledge that Ghostwalker is Dunkelzahn after sheading his mortal coil.
Ancient History
As a note, I will say that Dunkie and Ghostwalker's coloring would be very similar. It was remarked upon many times in the olden days. Fraternal markings, y'know?
Fortune
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
And how does Ghostwalker know who the VP or even what the UCAS is?

Ghostwalker doesn't initiate the meetings. As representatives of his brother, the participants would more-than-likely know the correct means to attain a meeting with Ghostwalker.
That is true wether Ghostwalker is Dunkelzahn or not.

But Dunky had other lairs which he used in the Sixth World, whereas Ghostwalker returned to his immediately upon arriving through the rift.
Or return items Dunkelzahn left to reclaim in case the other dragons stole everything else.

If that was the case, why did he give away all the other stuff (some of which is quite valuable and irreplacable) in his will?
I already answered the coloring... who can say that death would not change one's temperament? Does myth not state that the Lamb Jesus shall return as a Lion? 
Is this not what Dunkelzahn has done?

No. Ghostwalker deals with the world in a totally different manner than Dunky. It isn't just the difference in temperment, but the modus operandi of the two that is disparate.

Dunkelzahn was all over the media, even before his candidacy. His methods, while possibly questionable, were identifiable. I don't think anyone who had dealings with either Dragon would think them both the same being.
mfb
there's also the point that we already know what happened to dunk--as detailed at the end of the dragonheart trilogy, he's keeping the cliffs of doom, or whatever they're called, from coming together and allowing the horrors to enter this plane. so, really, there's nothing to say that GW and D couldn't be one and the same, except for every known fact.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (mfb)
So, really, there's nothing to say that GW and D couldn't be one and the same, except for every known fact.

Right. Every Out of Character fact.

Canon? GHOSTWALKER SMASH CANON!
Pistons
Like he smashed the teocalli? smile.gif
Data Wrangler
I distrust those who are quick with answers to every question.

In character, Ghostwalker could certainly be Dunkelzahn. It all depends on the Gamemaster.

Out of character, no, I guess not.
Smashed an Azzie temple, ohhhh did he do that in Do6w? Ohhh an azzie hater, crap I can't change my vote. So I have a particular love hate relation with the corporation nation religion of Aztechnologylandreligion, or whatever they call themselves at the particular time. I should say I love to hate them, but that just well is besides the point.

Onto another Dragon Question.
If Dunk (His Spirit) is out there in the metaplanes keeping this bridge from forming, closing, ect.. How long would that be a valiable option. When it fails scourge results, right. This thus is metahumanity's best defense, and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to keep the gap a gap.

I'm guessing its theoritical(still trying to get collection of Shadowrun stuff complete, thinking about starting Earth Dawn collection.)
Along the line of an Earth Dawn collection, which books would be good for understanding the background between the horrors, what they are, how they breech the metaplanes, as well as other 4th to 6th world crossovers (IEs, GD, you know the "usual stuff".
mfb
*headscratch* if the question is, "in my game, could GW be D?" then the answer is yes. it's your game, who cares. if the question is "in canon, could GW be D?" then the answer is no. your crazy-talk of 'in-character facts' and whatnot confuses me--the entire issue is 'in-character', inasmuch as the 'facts' in question are wholly fictional.
Pistons
QUOTE (252)
Smashed an Azzie temple, ohhhh did he do that in Do6w?
[snip]

Onto another Dragon Question.
If Dunk (His Spirit) is out there in the metaplanes keeping this bridge from forming, closing, ect.. How long would that be a valiable option. When it fails scourge results, right. This thus is metahumanity's best defense, and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to keep the gap a gap.

[snip]
Along the line of an Earth Dawn collection, which books would be good for understanding the background between the horrors, what they are, how they breech the metaplanes, as well as other 4th to 6th world crossovers (IEs, GD, you know the "usual stuff".

1. Nope. Year of the Comet.

2. There's no telling, really. Mostly what he's doing is ensuring there are no longer any mana spikes to bring about the Scourge too early. It's very likely that it will still happen, but not until it's closer to when it should happen, which won't be for another few hundred years at least. (Maybe even as much as a thousand. That's one of the things I'm fuzzy about in reference to Earthdawn.)

3. I believe there is a book dedicated solely to the Horrors, and may simply be called Horrors. I'd also heard that LRG is going to or already has published effectively a new edition of that book. You may want to check their website.
Data Wrangler
QUOTE (mfb)
*headscratch* if the question is, "in my game, could GW be D?" then the answer is yes. it's your game, who cares. if the question is "in canon, could GW be D?" then the answer is no. your crazy-talk of 'in-character facts' and whatnot confuses me--

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. Yes, the distinction is between canon and a particular GM's interpretation. Of course, not everyone considers the Earthdawn connection to be canon, but I think it's been shown that Big-D and G-Walker can't be the same using only SR materials. (Esp. if the novels are canon.)

My point, and I do have one, is that players shouldn't assume that something is a certain way because that's the way it is in the canon. GMs can and should tweak the milieu to suit their group's tastes and temperaments.
the entire issue is 'in-character', inasmuch as the 'facts' in question are wholly fictional.

You mean this is just a game? eek.gif
MacMoney
I think I'll have to go with Lowfyr. Might makes right is always a good motto to live by. Big D used to be my fave but since he bought it, I guess I'll go with Lowfyr. Ghostwalker is cool too with his dealing with the spirits and being the greatest conjuror but his workings in Denver are rather questionable. Yet another candidate is Rhonabwy with his anti-elf-rule antics and support of the independence of Wales. I could list Alamais too with his superior-than-thou attitude but I guess the winner is Lowfyr.
Firyoshin
QUOTE (Data Wrangler @ Oct 17 2003, 04:15 PM)
In character, Ghostwalker could certainly be Dunkelzahn. It all depends on the Gamemaster.

Well, yes you can say that, but also why even read the books like DOTSW if your going to completly create your own shadowrun world. ANd als the discussion is based on the book Shadowrun world, Im sure there hae already been runs (maybe even tournys and cons) where Ghosty and DunknDonuts are the same, maybe even some where they worked togeather.

In my mind, I predict that DunknDonuts "blew himself up" to disappear from the world (what with all the big shots he was pissing off with his shows, maybe he was ordered to do so at one of the Great meetings.) and possibly live a life of solitude as to nott anger anyone anymore. He could be giving us hints (the Ryomyo file in DOTSW) from his secret hidaway. And if he did take himself out to hide, why would he just rise up as Ghosty and break stuff. Ghosty and DunknDonuts may be brothers (or somehow else related) but for them to be the same, it seems alittle far fetched, but then again GMs have that power... :-/

However of the choices up there I chose Lung, cause he trained one of my favs Ryomyo.
NightmareX
Ghostwalker, because he's the only one I have any curiousity left for.
fistandantilus4.0
what? no Celedyr love?

Him and Rhonabwy are way underrated. Know how much of Shiawashe Rhonabwy owns? probably not, but it's a lot. He's one of those quiet types.

Anyways, Lung is my favorite, for what it matters. I love ressurected threads.
Skywatcher
Rhonabwy is my favorite, but Celedyr's just behind him smile.gif

Why ?
I did not like Lofwyr and Ghostwalker since they are too ... omnipresent (in the world history, I mean)
I am no amateur of asian culture (it's a shame, I know) so Ryumyo, Lung ... are not my cup of tea

and I really like the celtic culture/atmosphere, the links to the past (Celedyr's interest in Egyptian and Celts ... Rhonabwy's link to Wales myths ...)
moreover, like fistandantilus3.0 says, "Rhonabwy is one of those quiet types"
and finaly, I like the fact that Celedyr is both interested in past (see above) and future (wireless matrix, make matrix available to metacreatures ...)

edit : in fact, I have forgotten the history between Rhonabwy and the Sea Dragon which interest me a lot, since it's a history of dragon eggs, with a lot of plots, linked to Hestaby and perhaps other great ...
Phelan_patrick
Masaru. Mabuhay ang mga pinoy!!
Bitten Twice
Hestaby, she is such a badass bitch (us girls got to keep together, doncha know, even across the species).

Close second/s are Lofwyr, Dunkelzahn (he is NOT dead, just resting) and Ghostwalker.
Mr.Platinum
I had to say Ghostwalker, he just jumped in the scene and show us puny Meta Humans who's in charge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012