Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Active Targeting
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Elfenlied
I have a question about active targetting: If a Drone acquires a target, as detailed on pg 162 of the SR4 Core book, does the dice pool bonus apply to all drones controlled by said rigger, or only to the one who actively targetted?

Our group has always ruled the latter, but it seems a tad bit overpowered to me, especially since you don't get to dodge the targetting.
Wasabi
On p171 of SR4A it doesn't say others may use the bonus: "If the character/vehicle wins the test, the net hits are added as a dice pool modifier to the subsequent Gunnery Test." although it is resuable so it might as well have "tests", plural.

Thats what a Tacsoft is for IMO.
Hand-E-Food
I'd say that a drone acquiring a target is tracking the target using it's own sensors. It may be able to send GPS coordinates to the other drones, and those drones could use the information to acquire and track their own target.

Just because I let you look through my cybereyes, doesn't mean you can aim at what I'm aiming at.
Udoshi
The bonus is for the drone.

However, a drone on a tacnet may active sensor target for other members of the tacnet. See unwired's Tactical AR Software section for more details, specifically the two options under Information Targeting. Or maybe its information guided weapons.
Falconer
No, the drone doesn't lock for everyone only for itself.

And the information guided section of the rules is in Arsenal, not Unwired.

It also requires certain equipment, (either one drone/character subscribing another for the sensor feed, or a tacnet) and only works for advanced weapons. There's also additional penalties which are used for info guided attacks (-4 right off the bat)... so while you get to add net sensor hits from the opposed lock-on test to offset those... it's not for free.

Also, a drone firing using passive targetting also needs to include the sensor mods of what it's shooting at. See page 171 (passive targetting, and the signature table at the top of the page). Which means shooting at a metahuman w/o a lock-on is very hard (automatic -3 penalty for signature). So it's very much to a drones advantage to lock your targets if you can. (or resort to things like suppressing fire spray'n'pray... where you just hose down an area).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012