Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knowledge Skills and Defaulting
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mycerius
Is it possible to default on a knowledge skill? I have looked through SR4A but did not see anything that says one way or another. Nor did I see anything in the errata or the faq. My opinion (and that of another player in the group) is no. Thoughts?
Makki
i'd say you should be able to. a 5 Logic guy should know some basic chemistry/biology/etc just from general knowledge. with 4 dice he won't get much information anyway. and if he throws 4 successes, then wow, it's exactly the piece of information he remembers best from school, because he had to do a presentation on it or he saw it yesterday on discovery channel.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (mycerius @ Jun 25 2010, 12:10 PM) *
Is it possible to default on a knowledge skill? I have looked through SR4A but did not see anything that says one way or another. Nor did I see anything in the errata or the faq. My opinion (and that of another player in the group) is no. Thoughts?

I'd make a call depending on how specific it is and how high the guy's logic is. If it's something relatively known or can be derived from something relatively known, I'd probably give him a shot. Alternatively, let him default all the time but give a (very)high difficulty.
tagz
Typically I don't make people default on knowledge skills unless it's fairly specific knowledge. If it's somewhat general or common knowledge they can just roll Logic or Intuition without defaulting.
Yerameyahu
See, I'd only let people default if it was fairly general, and not at all if it was specific. I think there's a table in this vein in the book.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012