Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REALLY QUICK QUESTION WHILE PLAYING
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stahlseele
If there's a series of Fireballs coming my way, they hit the ground and light up a wall of fire, can a friendly mage make the flames invisible to get clear view for us agani?
and if he can, how so? any rules for this anywhere?
Yerameyahu
There's rules for 'wall of fire'? Sorry, I can't think of a spell that re-places proper visibility. :/
Stahlseele
well, fireballs exploded, set something on fire. probably the ground.
We wanna shoot through it. not magical line of sight.
Xahn Borealis
Shape [Fire] would work, but it's very unlikely your mage has that. If you're playing right now and you need an answer, ask your GM.
Stahlseele
improved invisibility.
the question is, if he can make the fire invisible
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 26 2010, 08:57 PM) *
improved invisibility.

Like I said, ask your GM. Does fire count as an object? Do you really want to have some invisible fire floating around? biggrin.gif
Telion
Put a physical barrier spell over the fire to push the flames down. Just don't shoot the flames.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 26 2010, 03:57 PM) *
improved invisibility.

I would not allow it, fire is constantly um burning up I guess I'd say. For the purpose of the II spell anything you target would be gone before it mattered IMO.
Stahlseele
Problem got solved.
Fire got eaten when fire elemental decided it wanted to be bigger before attacking us.
Xahn Borealis
Interesting interpretation of a problem being solved biggrin.gif
Rand
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 26 2010, 05:53 PM) *
Problem got solved.
Fire got eaten when fire elemental decided it wanted to be bigger before attacking us.

QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jun 26 2010, 06:21 PM) *
Interesting interpretation of a problem being solved biggrin.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............
Stahlseele
Well, the immediate Problem of how to deal with the non sentient non-see-through-fire at least . . .
pbangarth
Hey, now you could make the fire elemental invisible, 'cause it's a critter! Oh... wait ....
Yerameyahu
What kind of game are you playing that you can't see through fire, btw? smile.gif No radar, ultrasound, flare comp?
Mordinvan
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jun 26 2010, 09:33 PM) *
Hey, now you could make the fire elemental invisible, 'cause it's a critter! Oh... wait ....

Worst battle plan ever.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 27 2010, 06:43 AM) *
What kind of game are you playing that you can't see through fire, btw? smile.gif No radar, ultrasound, flare comp?

SR3, Ganger Campaign.
Mystweaver
Just use the spell design rules in Magic in the Shadows.

Imp Invisible Fireball drain would be something like +1(Dam+4)
(Spell has components of Improved invisibility and fireball mixed together)

Imp Invisible Firewall would be something like +2(Dam+6)
(as above but also has Shape Fire mixed in... I think when casting this, make one sorcery roll and note successes as you will need them for determining whether someone can a) See the firewall, b) determine how well you have shaped the firewall, c) Determing damage the firewall will cause).

If you want to be really nasty, you could try and make it so that the fire created only burns when walked into and therefore doesnt heat its surroundings. This would be only a minor elemental change and thus only increase the drain to +2(Dam+cool.gif... owch...

Yeah okay, they are insane drain levels... but what do you expect when you a creating your own awesomely funky firewall trap that you can see through.
Stahlseele
The wall of fire was not on our side, it just blocked our view . . we wanted that gone . .
Mystweaver
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 5 2010, 11:20 AM) *
The wall of fire was not on our side, it just blocked our view . . we wanted that gone . .

Oh right... yeah I see that now... totally misread it...

Well there's an idea for you for a new spell at least wobble.gif

Shape Fire would also do it but considering it is not a core spell, you would have to design it yourself (or have someone design it for you, or find if someone in the gameworld has already designed it and buy it).
Stahlseele
Shape(element) is a basic spell O.o
Or at least earth and water . .
Makki
makes me thinking of some sensible uses for a Shape [Fire] Spell...
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 5 2010, 02:12 PM) *
Shape(element) is a basic spell O.o
Or at least earth and water . .
I'm pretty sure there is no spell for each element written in the books, there is just the placeholder [element]. As such a spell shaping a specific element may not be available. To me wanting to shape Fire is popular enough that the better talismongers would stock such formulae.

@Invisibility: This is not a detection spell but an illusion. As such it cannot grant more truer perception than without it. While it could hide the flames, I don't think it would make the world behind the flames visible.
Stahlseele
Well NORMAL Invisbility is an ILLUSION that tells you:"No, it's not there, this is what you would see if that were not in the way"
IMPROVED Invisibility is not really an Illusion and in it's description actually does say that it warps the light AROUND the object so you really DO SEE what's behind it, because you are basically looking in a curve . .
Cue, the old Discussion about normal/improved Invisibility.
For the Record, this is still SR3.
Dakka Dakka
Oh yeah, I forgot about he misleading wording of Improved Invisibility. Too bad they didn't change that in SR4 or SR4A. It should be something like "Improved Invisbility is so powerful that, if the OR is met, it affects sensors in the same way as regular Invisibility affects living creatures." The Light-bending sentence is nonsense.

BTW can I make darkness invisible and see in the dark? silly.gif grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
It's better to light a candle than to course the Darkness.
No you can't. The Darkness is not in your line of view, impending it, it's just that there is not enough light to see anything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012