Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EVO Worldwear Subscription
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SkepticInc
EXTREME SPORTS ::
Featured Designer :: $_imon::

Glitterbrat Laser Games Systems™::

DO YOU
enjoy the thrill of the predator as you hunt your targets through MicacleShoot(™), but are tired of feeling like you are chasing your own wimps? Consider the Glitterbrat Laser Games Systems™ (GLGS::"Giggles") Sure-fire High Technology System™ (SHTS). Our product features the best of boosted combat armor fitted with extra padding, dexterity enhancing articulation, and radiation blockers. Our patented ceramic RadTrap weave diffuses the power of laser blasts, but leaves enough that your target is in no doubt as to if they have been hit or not. Enjoy a full range of sensory enhancements and coordiantion software with adaptation for those with the desire to plug directly into their suits. The gun comes with Nobi, your ninja-trained [Pilot], to allow for the use of handicaps when used in conjunction with Suprise Simulated Kombat eXperience™ (SSKX) modular urban deployment courses.

SSKX: Just load the desired number of modules into Kull delivery craft, wait two hours, and your chosen environment will be enhanced with distractingly loud TransRAWK™ music, Enhanced Strobe™ flashpacks, In It Jamming Systems™, the Round Timer™ self-recycling system, and decimeters of monowire fencing to keep your Local Flavor™ guests inside the game.

Glitterbrat Medium Tag System
[ Spoiler ]

Glitterbrat Troll-size Tag System
[ Spoiler ]

Marauder-Class Tag System
[ Spoiler ]

Glitterbrat Helmet
[ Spoiler ]

Glitterbrat Troll Helmet
[ Spoiler ]

Glitterbrat Standard Laser Tag Rifle
[ Spoiler ]

Glitterbrat Heavy Laser Tag Gun
[ Spoiler ]

Glitterbrat Laser Tag Commlink System
[ Spoiler ]

Suprise Simulated Kombat eXperience (SSKX)
[ Spoiler ]

The armor makes sure that all laser weapons only do stun damage to the players. The SSKX system operates the blaring sound and flashing lights according to an encrypted pattern that the player's commlinks have they key to. Their ARE software smoothly blanks it out so they don't even take the -2 penalty from the flashpacks. The SSKS system autodestructs at a set time, employing demolisher nanites to reduce the playground to dust.

SkepticInc
EXTREME SPORTS::

Polyphemus Intrusion Monocycle™

Based on the ever popular NOBI Pilot™ system, the Polyphemus is a miracle in stealth engineering. With built-in tactical expert systems, Polyphemus is the ultimate Stealth Dirtbike Urban Parkour™ personal system that has ever been developed. In addition to fitting into and enhancing your life experience, the Polyphemus will give you a tangible edge up on your carelessly equipped opponents.

[ Spoiler ]
SkepticInc
EXTREME SPORTS::

Icarus

Have you ever wanted to be the Leaf on the Wind™? Does the prospect of spreading your wings and rocketing across a desert landscape under the noonday sun excite you? Icarus is a miracle in the sky, the closest to true flight a metahuman can experience. It will change you, and raise you up so that you can see the world from new heights; Icarus is the ultimate adventure.

EVO Icarus
[ Spoiler ]

* <herMes><01/10/11> :: ''I've heard it was like touching the sun. I've got three on order so we can refilm 'I'm on a Boat' and submit it to the u'Tube for +clickies."
* <Root/Assembly><02/15/12> :: "Think the Laser Tag suits can handle getting hit by this thing? I am going to rock the novacoke right out of Team 2^e the day this thing comes out."
* <Roark Mechanic><03/11/98> :: "I'm not impressed. My banshee holds a railgun, missile launchers, two heavy lasers, and a second backup laser system. Can those paper wings hold up to that? Don't waste my time with your shiny shell, give me function!"
* <herMes><04/61/33> :: "Screen shot or it didn't happen, you fracking hippy."
SkepticInc
Let me know what you think, or if I threw in something that violates rules or canon. Throw in your own submissions: The Orichalchum Edition™ of EVO Worldware™ comes by invitation only, and is exclusively designed for the children of AAA board members.
Tanegar
QUOTE (SkepticInc @ Jun 28 2010, 10:42 AM) *
Stealth Dirtbike Urban Parkour™

I don't think "parkour" means what you think it means.
SkepticInc
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jun 28 2010, 07:47 PM) *

I know what it means, and yea, it's a stretch to call clowning around on a unicycle "parkour", but "Stealth Dirtbike Urban Parkour" is one of the biggest EXTREME SPORTS!!! mouthfuls I could think up. Any suggestions for a better name?
Tanegar
The other thing that occurs to me is that the Icarus thingy is a goddamn T-bird. ICYDK, a T-bird in Shadowrun is basically a ground-effect tank. I think you were going for something more like a wearable ultralight, in which case you could not have done it more wrong if you'd tried.
SkepticInc
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jun 28 2010, 08:25 PM) *
The other thing that occurs to me is that the Icarus thingy is a goddamn T-bird. ICYDK, a T-bird in Shadowrun is basically a ground-effect tank. I think you were going for something more like a wearable ultralight, in which case you could not have done it more wrong if you'd tried.

Icarus™ is a T-Bird, yes. They are pretty much ground-effect tanks, but when you get up to Handling of +6, the base frame doesn't matter much. You still soar. MiG Mk3's have a +2 Handling base, which is as good as many racing bikes, and +7 is the highest Handling bonus that I know of, which Icarus™ is only barely shy of.

Definitely a leaf on the wind. It's a brick-shaped leaf on the wind, true, but a leaf on the wind none the less.

[EDIT]: Scratch that, I can't find a way to get a Handling of higher than +6 on any vehicle, so Icarus™ is as shiny as it gets.
svenftw
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jun 28 2010, 10:47 AM) *

QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jun 28 2010, 11:25 AM) *

Dang, dude. This guy put a lot of work into this stuff. He's got stats, descriptions, he invented his own elite mail order catalog for the game and you give him this kind of attitude? I know it's Dumpshock but come on... have you forgotten that we're playing a game with our imaginations to have fun and be creative?

Skeptic, I think it's awesome what you did here. I think they are good examples of what too much money to spend can buy you in 2072. Keep sharing with us, too. this kind of stuff will find its way into games.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (SkepticInc @ Jun 28 2010, 08:04 PM) *
I know what it means, and yea, it's a stretch to call clowning around on a unicycle "parkour", but "Stealth Dirtbike Urban Parkour" is one of the biggest EXTREME SPORTS!!! mouthfuls I could think up. Any suggestions for a better name?

The first one I thought up entirely due to the acronym, the second is a little more serious.
Nanite-Engineered Reconnisance Vehicle (AT fields, etc)
Composite Monowheel Racing Vehicle

I am also a fan of the SHTS and "Giggles" of the Glitterbrat.
SkepticInc
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Jun 28 2010, 09:15 PM) *
The first one I thought up entirely due to the acronym, the second is a little more serious.
Nanite-Engineered Reconnisance Vehicle (AT fields, etc)
Composite Monowheel Racing Vehicle

I am also a fan of the SHTS and "Giggles" of the Glitterbrat.

Maybe there should be something about Shadowheeler. The Pilot is in charge of it and is good at stalking, sneaking, and chasing victims down. With it's Handling (+6, best possible but has to be either off-road or on-road exclusively) it seemed like a good contender for urban off-road racing. You wouldn't get the wall jumps that you get in parkour, but you would still be able to pull off some Tony Hawk level stunts with it. Or look like a clown (A clown on K-10 with a monowire garrote and the extra long arms SURGE trait. Enjoy that nightmare.).
Doc Chase
QUOTE (SkepticInc @ Jun 28 2010, 08:27 PM) *
Maybe there should be something about Shadowheeler. The Pilot is in charge of it and is good at stalking, sneaking, and chasing victims down. With it's Handling (+6, best possible but has to be either off-road or on-road exclusively) it seemed like a good contender for urban off-road racing. You wouldn't get the wall jumps that you get in parkour, but you would still be able to pull off some Tony Hawk level stunts with it. Or look like a clown (A clown on K-10 with a monowire garrote and the extra long arms SURGE trait. Enjoy that nightmare.).

But only for fifteen minutes. biggrin.gif

What kind of motor is this thing running? It's tough to get a bike's engine to quiet down unless it's an electric.
Tanegar
QUOTE (SkepticInc @ Jun 28 2010, 03:41 PM) *
Icarus™ is a T-Bird, yes. They are pretty much ground-effect tanks, but when you get up to Handling of +6, the base frame doesn't matter much. You still soar. MiG Mk3's have a +2 Handling base, which is as good as many racing bikes, and +7 is the highest Handling bonus that I know of, which Icarus™ is only barely shy of.

Definitely a leaf on the wind. It's a brick-shaped leaf on the wind, true, but a leaf on the wind none the less.

[EDIT]: Scratch that, I can't find a way to get a Handling of higher than +6 on any vehicle, so Icarus™ is as shiny as it gets.

Er, no. A T-bird, by definition, can never soar. It might be able to turn on a dime, but it's not soaring. That word has a very specific definition, and what ground-effect vehicles actually do is nowhere close to fitting that definition. If you want a soaring vehicle (as opposed to a tricked-out tank - and seriously, even a AAA exec's favorite son wouldn't have what you're describing) you should really start with something like the Dawnglider or Phoenix (both on Arsenal p.112).
SkepticInc
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jun 28 2010, 09:44 PM) *
Er, no. A T-bird, by definition, can never soar. It might be able to turn on a dime, but it's not soaring. That word has a very specific definition, and what ground-effect vehicles actually do is nowhere close to fitting that definition. If you want a soaring vehicle (as opposed to a tricked-out tank - and seriously, even a AAA exec's favorite son wouldn't have what you're describing) you should really start with something like the Dawnglider or Phoenix (both on Arsenal p.112).

Breaking down some costs for Icarus™ before marketing costs:

[ Spoiler ]

That comes up to about 49.4% the cost of one stock GMC Banshee.

[ Spoiler ]

I see where you are going with your argument, so let's chalk the egregious abuse of written language to the Marketing Department.

Icarus™ :: The Brick That Soars©

[EDIT]: I've edited the jerk out of my original post. Sorry.
SkepticInc
[ Spoiler ]

The Cyclops is an electric vehicle, yes.
wind_in_the_stones
QUOTE (SkepticInc @ Jun 28 2010, 02:04 PM) *

Stealth Dirtbike Urban Parkour Intracity Trailblazer.

wink.gif
SkepticInc
QUOTE (wind_in_the_stones @ Jun 29 2010, 04:03 AM) *

wink.gif

Not bad. Polyphemus does have the Trailblazer Autosoft, so it fits.
Falanin
If you're going Stealth Dirtbike Urban Parkour, you GOTTA give the bike gecko tips for that "oh, yeah, I'm Ghost Rider" effect.
SkepticInc
QUOTE (Falanin @ Jun 29 2010, 06:14 PM) *
If you're going Stealth Dirtbike Urban Parkour, you GOTTA give the bike gecko tips for that "oh, yeah, I'm Ghost Rider" effect.

Did I forget to add those? It has smartwheels, which don't explicitly say they do gecko tips, but shouldn't they be able to? They'd be dumb not to. Heh. Didja see what I did there?
Martin_DeVries_Institute
QUOTE (wind_in_the_stones @ Jun 28 2010, 08:03 PM) *

wink.gif

Which the Marketing department changed from the original name, Stealth Trailblazing Urban Parkour Intracity Dirtbike. They were just about to go to press with it when someone noticed the acronym.
SkepticInc
QUOTE (Martin_DeVries_Institute @ Jun 29 2010, 06:50 PM) *
Which the Marketing department changed from the original name, Stealth Trailblazing Urban Parkour Intracity Dirtbike. They were just about to go to press with it when someone noticed the acronym.

And then they spent another week in meetings deciding if the acronym S.T.U.P.I.D. would fall into the Irony Valley and increase sales by over 9,000!
Mongoose
I'd argue that traceurs took what bicycle (and by extension, unicycle) trials riders had been developing for decades, and mashed it up with gymnastics / martial arts. Or vice versa (started with gymnastis, and mashed it with street / trials stunting). Its probably not just chance that developed (mostly) in Europe.

The stylistic links between unicycling and parkour are pretty obvious in this unicycling vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg644RVb3lY...feature=related
(extra props to the dude for showing some failed moves at the end- in case its not obvious, what he makes look easy is next to impossible, skill wise)
SkepticInc
QUOTE (Mongoose @ Jun 30 2010, 01:35 AM) *
I'd argue that traceurs took what bicycle (and by extension, unicycle) trials riders had been developing for decades, and mashed it up with gymnastics / martial arts. Or vice versa (started with gymnastis, and mashed it with street / trials stunting). Its probably not just chance that developed (mostly) in Europe.

The stylistic links between unicycling and parkour are pretty obvious in this unicycling vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg644RVb3lY...feature=related
(extra props to the dude for showingg some failed moves at the end- in case its not obvious, what he makes look easy is next to impossible, skill wise)

Thanks for the link, that's a wicked cool video. I guess I'm wrong about unicycling not being like parkour. Think of what that guy could do with smart tires.
Simon Kerimov
EVO Archeron::

"For those who need continual intensive care, EVO presents the EVO Archeron. The EVO Archeron is the state-of-the-art in battlefield medicine. A small Tacnet keeps a set of four of EVO's patented DrSim™ agents on call to collaborate on the best emergency care for you, our customer. The EVO Archeron is available as a modular plug-in for EVO's latest line of modular cyberproducts, and can be custom imaged to the customer's desires. Only available on the EVO Worldwear™ Subscription channel."

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012