Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running the Coast.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Dantic
Welcome to the Gulf Coast, Yall'. How's ya momma n' dem?
Name's Jacques Beauchamp (Bee'-chum), but my friends call me Mr. Jack, and you want to be my friend, yes? Course you do, that's why we are having this tęte-ŕ-tęte.
First a little word on what yall' are looking at.

THE GULF COAST AT A GLANCE
Population: 1,243,000
Human: 61%
Elf: 4%
Dwarf 10%
Ork: 20%
Troll: 4%
Other: 1%
Per Capita Income: $62,000
Estimated SiNless: 21%
Below Poverty Level: 33%
Corporate Affiliation: 62%
Education:
Less Than Twelve Years: 30%
High School Equivalency: 41%
College Degrees: 16%
Advanced Degrees: 6%
Major Languages Spoken:
English: 90%
Spanish: 19%
French: 2%
Currency: CAS Dollar
Exchange Rate: 1$ = 0.33 nuyen.gif
CrashCart Coverage: 72%
Guaranteed Response Time: 10 Minutes

THE GULF COAST

Bordering on both Aztlan and the Carribean League, the Gulf of Mexico Is a hotly contested body of water. As a second potential front should war break out, maintaining control of the Gulf is critical to the CAS Navy. Meanwhile, the lawless nature of the Caribbean League provides a desirable outlet for black market smuggling. Not since the days of the Spanish Main has the Gulf been such a dangerous and exciting place to be.

• I thought It’s called the Gulf of Azitlan?
• Code Kid

• It is, But countries hostile to Aztlan (like CAS and the Pueblo) still call it the Gulf of Mexico Just to irk the Azzies. It’s a subtle insinuation of illegitimacy against the Aztlan government.
• Diamondback

Pensacola & Mobile

Pensacola and Mobile are the CAS’s primary naval bases. Unlike the UCAS, the Confederation Navy is a "brown water” navy, built around defending a local body of water. The navy employs a few heavy warships but consists mostly of frigates, corvettes, and patrol craft. Confederation naval air support Is largely land-based, mostly out of Pensacola. They do have two 50,000-ton carriers, however, for limited offshore air operations. One is stationed at Mobile, while the other one is In Charleston, South Carolina.
One area of strength the Confederation Navy does possess is a strong submarine force. The Confederation has the largest submarine force in the world, both in terms of conventional attack subs and missile subs (conventional and nuclear warheads).

New Orleans

The shadows In the Big Easy this past year have gotten hotter than Mama Delafosse’s Five-Alarm Gumbo. Ever since the CAS put out its open bounty on magicians who animate the dead, voodoo houngans have been In an uproar night and day. Local government buildings are under tight alert after several bombings and magic-related attacks, which many suspects were instigated by individual houngans. Meanwhile, gang war is breaking out amongst the krewes—local criminal gangs with strong magical ties. All of the recent magical changes across the globe have upset the balance of power In the N’Awlins underworld.

With the krewe wars rumbling through the New Orleans shadows, Crescent City’s normally heavy smuggling traffic has been thrown Into disarray. Nobody knows who to trust, and on some days you can’t keep track of who’s still breathing! The more successful smugglers are managing to stay ahead of the game, but most are going to ground in the bayou swamps around the Delta and Lake Ponchartraln. Many smugglers are talking of bypassing New Orleans altogether and relocating their operations to nearby Gulfport. Mississippi.

• Cutthroat gang wars aren’t the only things smugglers have to worry. Shedim reports are on the rise in the swamps, and the numbers increase each week, Part of it has to do with Crescent City’s cemeteries: you can’t bury In the swampy ground. so the dead are Interred In above-ground crypts and mausoleums. making it that much easier for a shedim-possessed body to escape. Also, some smugglers with Zobop connections have made a profit smuggling animated corpses, With the recent craziness and the bounty, though, it’s become an even riskier enterprise, as some of the "cargo" has turned upon the people smuggling them.
• Decker del Sur

*from Shadows of North America*

Now, on to the buisness at hand.
*Running the Coast, is an online, voice/open rpg, campaign located in the Gulf Coast region of the CAS. This game is set to run bi-weekly, on friday, starting at 8:00 PM, est.*
(This is a thread for the online campaign, Running the Coast, please do not post here unless you are a part of this game.)

The recruitment and character development thread is now located >>here.<<
Dantic
July, 9th will be our pre-planning session.
Open Rpg is here.
Vent is here.

Vent Server Info
IP: 72.37.221.158
Port: 3817

Open Rpg Server
Blackstar Games Server
Running the Coast Room

Emod sent PMs out with the password, both will be the same, if you need the password, PM me.

First reveal on the setting.
Dantic
Cast of Characters:

"Mr. Jack", A local fixer, who has assembled this team for it's first job offer.
"Emod", A human techwiz, so far, the brains of the operation. Has taken on the task of compiling data, and planning for this first run.
"Lastrites", A Troll, with a catholic consience. He seems to be trying to atone for something, but that could be just typical religious angst. Perfectly willing to let bullets prevail, where prayer fails.
"PR", One hit wonder, Elven glam-rocker. Burned out on drugs, in debt, hung out by the music industry, and in desperate need of a way to bank some cred.
"Fade" Not as flashy, as the Glam-Elf. In the way that a diamond isn't as flashy as a disco ball.
phlapjack77
>>>>>[Hey, Mr. Jack - here's the paydata you requested on one "Kevin Fitzgerald". I'm still digging,
there's too much drek to wade through to find this stuff. I'll expect payment soon...]<<<<<
-F (00:00:00/1-JAN-69)

// download Uniformat media file // user F :: 01/01/69 //
[ Spoiler ]
phlapjack77
>>>>>[Another file, this one I was able to snag from the great dustbin in the sky. Seems no-one thought
this was very valuable. Lucky me...]<<<<<
-F (00:01:00/1-JAN-69)

[ Spoiler ]
phlapjack77
>>>>>[This last one is audio-only. Must've been some poor soul, thought they could make some quick
cred by getting intel on these has-beens.]<<<<<
-F (00:02:00/1-JAN-69)

[ Spoiler ]

>>>>>[After this, it's just a bunch of raucous singing and general drunken stupidity...let me know
if you really want to have a listen to the rest.]<<<<<
-F (00:02:00/1-JAN-69)
Dantic
>>>>>[Great, maybe you can do the eulogy when joy boy gets fragged. Maybe I should start posting in the help want ads. "Professionals wanted, wanna be thrill jockeys and sim studs, need not apply." I'd pay a bonus for a burnout, washed up, rent-a-badge, with PTSD about now.
You can pick up your, "special order" at the mall Fed-Ex, code FX59946KL17. Your name is "Thurston"
Love, MJ]<<<<<
-|- (--:--:--/1-JAN-00)
phlapjack77
>>>>>[Wow thanks Mr. Jack! The "special order" was wayyy more than I had anticipated (why did I get such a strange look from the Fedex worker drones tho?). Had to call a friend with a truck to help me move it. Much obliged. Here's a little lagniappe, as a thank you for your generosity.]<<<<<
--F (00:01:00/3-JAN-69)

// Access node: KAF //
[ Spoiler ]
Dantic
09-FEB-2069, 16:00:00, Cyber Conference Room

As the virtual clock clicks over the top of the hour, everyone's video feed opens, revealing the image of a slightly overweight, fair skinned human, with silvery gray hair. He appears to be in his mid to late forties, though it's difficult to judge, strictly through the feed. He has hazel eyes, and is dressed in casual, but well designed clothing, including a button down white shirt, with navy pinstripes, and a tan jacket.
"Glad to see everyone could make it", you recognize the voice as belonging to "Mr. Jack", the local fixer, who contacted you about the meet.
"I have an opportunity to present to y'all", he continues, the lazy drawl of a local resident is evident. "I have been presented with a task. Someone has obtained a particular piece of property, to which they are not entitled." A short pause follows, it's hard to determine if this is a pause for thought, or just typical southern malaise, "This piece of intellectual property had been moved to a site with offline storage, an apartment in Prichard. Normally, I earn a percentage of fifteen percent, for arranging such task, but considering the pay, in this case, I will wave the fee. Consider it, your application, a chance to show that you are capable, to do such things, in the future."
A couple of different voice feeds ask questions concerning the pay, details of the job, and identity of the employer. Their are no video feeds in the room, other than Mr. Jack's.
He continues, "The payment is three thousand dollars, non-negotiable on this one, as I said, consider it you application, and I am waving my usual fee" One of the previous voices cuts back in, "Smatter Jack, this job bellow your pay grade, not enough money involved to concern you?" Ignoring the comment, Mr. Jack continues his pitch, "The apartment in question, does have a data line tap, attached to the back of the building, in a reinforced enclosure, so the target has matrix access, but the file is not accessible through any of the nodes, so he must have it on one of his offline storage modules. There is no regular security in the barrens, but it is possible that he has payed protection to the locals, or installed some security himself. The storage does not have to be retrieved, if it is destroyed and ample evidence supplied, the terms of the job will be considered complete." Another question from one of the unidentified voices, "How long do we have to complete the job?" Mr. Jack's mouth pulls into a tight line as he seems to consider the question. After seeming to come to some decision on the matter, he answers, "We don't believe he will sell the data immediately, but would like to see the issue resolved. Let's just say three or four days is acceptable."
A gruff voice asks again, about the identity of the "Johnson" for this job. Mr. Jack replies, reminding everyone that this is an initial evaluation period. After some more discussion amongst a few of the unidentified voices, a consensus is reached to accept the job.
"Good", says Mr. Jack "I will send all of y'all a dossier on the job, and leave this room available for y'all to get acquainted. Now you can have video if y'all want."With that, his feed cuts out, you now have the room to yourselves, as a woman's voice announces, "This room is now moderated by Emod", an automated message by the computer alerting you to the change in status triggered by Mr. Jacks log off.
Dantic
09-FEB-2069, 16:30:00, Somewhere in Cyberspace

[mailto: Emod,]

//GO:'slicedaddy's dreckhot tracescrabler';'Black Lotus Secure Encrypt 68 Pro'\\

[Here's the promised files.]

[ Spoiler ]

Disseminate to the rest of your team. The broker lives in apartment 206. You can bring the paydata back, or frag it there. If you frag it, bring proof. If you bring it, I'll get it scanned and scrubbed. Don't do anything dumb, no copying or freelancing. I'm vouching for this run, one hand washes the other, n'est-ce pas?

Luck, MJ

-|- (--:--:--, 1-JAN-00)

phlapjack77
09-FEB-2069, 16:35:00

[mailto: Emod,LastRites]

//FTL Matrixware says: Thanks for using our new-improved Pro software! Upgrade today to take advantage of our special offer!\\

We need to get some information on these Mob King Snakes. Including rivalries with other gangs, local law enforcement. Being able to get into this apartment without them gettin' in a snit is somethin' I'd like to try for. Me 'noggin hurts enough in the morning as it is.

I can start searching meself, but my net skills aren't up to the standards of others.

- PR

//FTL Matrixware: protecting your data in the Matrix since 2052\\

I'll have my Agent(3) start a data search using Browse(3), Analyze(3), and Stealth(3), looking for information on the MKS
phlapjack77
My character will be trying to regularly post to his fan club KAF, and I don't want to clutter this thread with all of his postings. So I'm just going to update the one post that lists the KAF information with Kevin's new posts.
Emod
I'm going to start putting feelers out on the 'trix looking for an idea on the reputation this Mr. Jack has regarding paying his runners, screwing them over, or any other history that might be had. Lastrites was requesting finding out who his employer was. I'm going to keep from intentionally asking that as they pay for anonymity, but if the information is out or implied there w/o having to ask, I won't pass it up. If it's obvious that his employer is whoever is footing the bill that week, then that's enough as well.

As requested by PR, I'll try to dig up what info I can on the Mob King Snakes, their general tech/magic level, brutality, etc.

It's in static zone but I'll do what I can to start probing the apartment's node assuming I can even find it. Hopefully it'll be a quick hop in once we're in better range for a good signal. If I can't, then a drive by a few days before is likely merited. Of course we'll need a different vehicle than the one we use day/night of. How much more developed is the area relative to what we see of it now (street view)?
phlapjack77
Do we have 2 different vehicles for this? If not, perhaps if we used a drone or something similar...or I could do a on-foot recon

But if we have 2 different vehicles that's great too!
Dantic
@Emod

[ Spoiler ]

@Emod, @PR

[ Spoiler ]
phlapjack77
Also, if we can access the building node, can we get a feed from the security cameras on the corners of the buildings? Security feed from inside the building ?

I'm going to do a little research on the Vals...

Seems since this Joey B. deals BTLs at the nearby offramp, it'll be a simple matter to make sure he's out of the apartment.
Emod
I'm thinking should bust the node just before we plan to get too close, take out the agent, and then figure out the cameras. If I spend too much time working on them before we hit the place, it'll alert them to the fact that we're going to at some point.

Mes ami, in the interest of... well, not killing people unnecessarily, and the fact that these MKS are melee/unarmored usually, might I recommend we pack tasers/gel rounds? LR and I had a run in with this troll and let us just say that while his Armani might never come clean again, neither will my memory of the event.
Dantic
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 14 2010, 01:58 AM) *
Also, if we can access the building node, can we get a feed from the security cameras on the corners of the buildings? Security feed from inside the building ?

I'm going to do a little research on the Vals...

Seems since this Joey B. deals BTLs at the nearby offramp, it'll be a simple matter to make sure he's out of the apartment.

To access the security will require dealing with the agent.

@PR

[ Spoiler ]
Sesix
QUOTE (Emod @ Jul 14 2010, 06:50 AM) *
I'm thinking should bust the node just before we plan to get too close, take out the agent, and then figure out the cameras. If I spend too much time working on them before we hit the place, it'll alert them to the fact that we're going to at some point.

Mes ami, in the interest of... well, not killing people unnecessarily, and the fact that these MKS are melee/unarmored usually, might I recommend we pack tasers/gel rounds? LR and I had a run in with this troll and let us just say that while his Armani might never come clean again, neither will my memory of the event.

That was a good suit, too. Had to throw it out.

I'm gonna go hit up some stores and buy some non-discrep clothes. Then head on over. See if I can get a chance to shadow this guy holed up in there. See what his routines exactly are. If you wana avoid killing might be best we do it when the cat is away, so us mice can play?
Dantic
@Emod, @PR

[ Spoiler ]
Emod
Just a reminder that our next session is Friday July 23rd at 8pm eastern.
phlapjack77
I'd also like to do some more datasearch, see if there's any information on:
1) background count of the area
2) info on owners of the building - if it's a corp, do they have a SOP for running the place? if individual(s), have they been in the news / any information on them?

Should we have our ducks in a row before the session on Friday?
Redcrow
I could do a bit of Astral Recon.

Dantic
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 19 2010, 03:30 AM) *
Should we have our ducks in a row before the session on Friday?

I'd suggest so. devil.gif

You're not going to be able to Google "Prichard Background Count" and get back anything useful.

The building is owned by a local development company that deals primarily with "low rent" properties.
Emod
Did we get an idea of what kind of BTL's this Joey B specialized in? We might be able to lure him out with a particularly fat sale at the off-ramp, by putting out feelers for his particular specialty. Or at worst we just find out when he's typically out there peddling. I'm assuming that he'll usually go out there with some bit of firepower or muscle so that he doesn't get mugged, so I'll try to get an idea on that too (MKS protection?)

Dantic, can I get some of that info above? Of course I'll randomize my icon/login while i'm doing this so that it doesn't all point the same place and look quite as obvious.

If we go down the path of a meet with him we'll have to be very careful that whoever we send out there doesn't eat it pending what Joey's support is. My thought there was a fly by with one of my drones painted up to look like a KE/LS police drone. If our man plays up the paranoid junky it'd be enough to end the meet without it looking like our man there was behind it. He can even point it out and start running. My pref is that we actually do not plan a meet as while it's probably the better way to run it I think our person we send out there will have a bit more boring of an encounter since they likely wouldn't make the run. But that'll be their call.

As we don't expect to encounter astral projectors while we're out I'd say the rest of us just hoof it on in together at whatever time Joey is out (as opposed to the mage staying in the van and following us in astral). If this is during the day, so be it. I'll jump into the building node right as we go in, jam the agent from sending a comm out (crash it if needed), and edit the camera feed to simply remain stagnant for 10 minutes in case anyone is actually watching (it might be just the agent). I've got a micro drone if we want to do some scouting, but brief astral projections can give us the same information a bit faster.

Once we have this storage drive my intent is to keep it in my LOS the entire time with image recording active. I will dump the entire contents of the drive to my commlink, delete the file in question, and then destroy the drive. We can provide Jack the image feed and even an additional copy of the data contents so that if the employer wants to mess with Joey even further he'll have the ability to do so.

Anyone else have thoughts on the planning for this?
Redcrow
I'm fairly adept at changing my appearance, so it wouldn't be too much trouble for me to appear as one of the MKS and do something to irritate the Vals enough that they might keep the MKS busy for us. A little mischief can go a long way and there is nothing I enjoy more than a little mischief.
phlapjack77
I like the idea of keeping an eye on Joey with magic / drones, just to make sure he stays away. Maybe if we notice he's coming home, we can put in an urgent request to buy some BTLs, and set up a faux-meet with him to delay him that much longer.

Redcrow, you and I could be in charge of making mischief / providing distractions / being exterior cover, while Emod and LastRites are in charge of physically entering the apartment and retrieving the merchandise.

My proposed order of operations: (subject to much revision by everyone, of course!)

1) Provide a distraction to get MKS out of the area (do they have a presence in front of the apartment?)
2) Emod hacks the building node, cameras, agent
2.5) Redcrow possibly does a quick astral scouting trip of the building?
3) Redcrow and PR take up positions outside the building, posing as MKS possibly
4) Emod and LastRites enter the building to retrieve the paydata
5) Profit!

Possible changes might include Emod and Redcrow entering the building, to help deal with magical "issues", while LastRites and PR stay outside, providing social + muscle overwatch.

Thoughts?
Redcrow
Sounds good. Once we figure out what sort of distraction we need to keep Joey B away, I might be able to enlist some aid to keep an eye on him and even arrange for an "accident" should he decide to return early.
Dantic
@Emod, @PR

[ Spoiler ]

@Everyone

Updating the current date and time,

11-FEB-2069, 16:00:00

Mardi Gras is only 15 days away.
Laisez les bons temps rouler!

phlapjack77
To stay in our timeframe of "3 or 4 days", we'll have to do the run soon, I would suggest either tonight (11-Feb) or tomorrow sometime (12-Feb).

Distractions - Redcrow can try to stir up some Val / MKS problems. But I don't think we want to start a gang war smile.gif

I can work to distract / remove (peacefully!) any MKS presence in front of the apartment.
Emod
I was talking to a co-worker about how easy it was to draw people to some location by offering free food... even if there wasn't any to be had or there wasn't enough. "Free Pizza" has an intoxicating impact.
Redcrow
Ok, not a war... but maybe just a bit of a squabble smile.gif Still no? Fine, we'll try it your way. frown.gif Any chance the MKS are fans of yours? An impromptu concert nearby might provide a distraction.
phlapjack77
The impromptu concert thing is an option, but if possible I'd rather I wasn't so "visible" in the area. Can it be part of a fall-back plan?

Crazy idea, just throwing it out there - Emod, your "Free Pizza" idea is interesting. Maybe instead of trying to get MKS away from the building, what if we posted an ad saying there was free pizza IN the building in question (or just somewhere nearby)? Get a huge flash-mob of people there, too many for the small number of MKS to handle (only 15 in the game if I remember)? Then a few people slipping into the building and then going out again won't be noticed for all the background "noise".

phlapjack77
Wooohooo! Itellyenowwhatarush!Myeyesarepoppingoutthisistheultimaterush!Ican'tstopbabblingIcan'tbelievethis!

Uh, Emod? I've got to stop for a sec...

<sound of door opening>

<sound of retching>

<wiping mouth with the back of his hand>Best trip I've ever bin on!

<huge grin>Who knew something like this would be so....exciting! And now I've got some great new material...

<At this point, PR leans his head back, closes his eyes, and can be heard quietly humming>
Dantic
@ Everyone

I know that my response has been slow in coming. I've had a few personal, family things come up.

You've managed to complete your objective, and swipe a little extra paydata, all in one fell swoop. The mission was fairly simple. With little real opposition, easily taken out by the team hacker, who slung gel rounds like an amped up Doc Holliday...

... and who also completely failed to find the dummy drive, in the mini-server.

The additional paydata includes 24 assorted BTLs, and some information on a few low level law enforcement and security personnel that were taking payoffs from Joey B, that allowed him to conduct his illegal operations. The big items found, is a source code BTL, called "Red Rage", and the contact information for a man named "Brooks", that seemed to be looking for a regular supply of Red Rage.

phlapjack77
Hey, everybody, this has been fun, but I'm kind of tired - can you drop me off at Hayfield and Lancelot? It's just off of Old Pascagoula Road, I-10 going west...staying at a friend's place, there.

Ah, I'd love to try me some of this BTL chip here. "Red Rage" sounds like a way way awesome trip. One of these days I need to get my comm' modded for it...

And when can we meet with Mr. Jack again? I kind of need the nuyen bad....like, yesterday...
Emod
sigh... all the perception in the world and I can't spot the lack of blinking lights. wobble.gif

As I had mentioned before I'm going to keep my image link going (which it's been going since we entered the apt). Once we have the drive in hand and I can link it up to see the files, I'd like to make sure that the full file list shows, delete the one target file, and then close the image link.

Ok friends, what do we want to do with the rest of this data? I could have him pegged wrong, but I'm doubting Jack will want to fence drek like BTLs, not to mention I'm morally against them. Though when balancing the need to eat versus my morale repulsion to providing an addiction to people I don't know, I will be forced to go with the one that keeps me alive. We've got 24 of these which comes out to 6 each unless anyone knows a softs-programmer that could remove the Timer on them. I'm not sure it'd be worth our time though. Anyone have a fence they know that would deal in this?

I'm going to guess that this Red Rage is Mood-BTL simply by the name. And no, I don't think it sounds like it'd be an "awesome trip." It sounds like the kind of thing we could have given away freely to the MKS' ahead of time only to come back to all of them having ripped each other and everyone else around them to pieces while we waited. Since it's the source code we could each have a copy pretty easily and do with it what we want. But I'm not trusting a mate to have my back who's jacked up on this drek. If we do get a fence for the smaller ones they might be interested in this thing too, along with the contact information for a regular buyer.

The security payoff data, however, is something I think Jack would be interested in. We might even offer it to him at a steep discount if it gets us a cut of any resulting action.

edit - was there any karma award? apparently I might need software and hardware skills.
phlapjack77
I'm all for anything that gets us some cred, and quickly. Truth, I enjoyed the rush of this kind of work - same feeling as right before and during a big show. The balls kind of shrink up a bit, ya know? Good feeling! Much better than damaging my hearing listening to some burb-brat murder the scales...

I have a friend who might be interested in the BTLs - he's reliable and should get a good price. I could get him to fence them for us and then we could split the moneys.

I'll put in a call to Mah Man to see if he's available and interested in fencing some BTLs. I'll be fairly honest in how we came by them, although I won't give 100% specific details
Redcrow
Jack may not be interested in the BTL's, but I'm willing to bet he could make use (or knows someone who could make use) of the data on corrupt cops. Theres always a market for that type of info. It might also be worth our time to keep a copy of those cops names for ourselves because knowing WHO can be bribed is always useful.
Dantic
@ Everyone

Jack does have an interest in the additonal non-BTL related data. You are offered a bonus and an attaboy for the job.
The total comes to $5,000 in cash, delivered by drop box at the local Fed-Ex of your choice, in the name "Tully"

PR's contact offers $60 each for the BTLs. The source code and contact information for Brooks is another matter. MM thinks this could be big, but doesn't have the ability to produce BTLs from the source code. He is willing to arrange a meet with someone who can, in exchange for 40% of the take.

Karma Awards

Everyone gets 3 Karma for sucessfull completion of "Milk Run"

Emod, PR, and Lastrites get 1 Karma for their background stories.

PR gets 1 Karma for the initial installment of KAF!
Dantic
@ Emod

13-FEB-2069, 01:10:00

[ Spoiler ]
phlapjack77
Ok everyone, my guy'll buy our BTLs outright for $60 a pop. He says the information on Brooks and all that could be big, bigger than he wants to handle. BUT he'll set us up with someone who could handle it, for a cut of the action. I'm negotiating with him right now on price. Everyone ok with this?

Negotiating with Mah Man:
[ Spoiler ]
Emod
what time of day am I getting this? I'm assuming it's late already in the response below

/{Sounds like you got your knickers in a bind there.
I'm kidding you. You know we're your huckleberries, MJ.}/
/{Send me the offer and basic info so I can start fishing up a crew. We'll
try to get moving as quickly as possible given the urgency.}/
/{Once we're en route, please be ready to layout the more detailed employment
terms, available details about the package (size, weight, and resistance, if applicable),
location, expected resistance, special expertise or equipment required,
and anything else your mind might fancy would be of assistance. We can
also talk final fee on the way.}/

(3:14:15 9-FEB-65)

>>>//GO:'slicedaddy's dreckhot tracescrabler';'Black Lotus Secure Encrypt 68 Pro'\\
>>>[[ I have another task, rush job. Shipment arriving tonight, need dockhands to recieve!! ]]
>>>This job is HOT! Need an immediate response.
>>>-|- (--:--:--, 1-JAN-00)
Dantic
QUOTE (Emod @ Aug 23 2010, 09:19 AM) *
what time of day am I getting this? I'm assuming it's late already in the response below

You're getting this at the date and time listed in the post.

13-FEB-2069, 01:10:00

"Shipment arriving tonight" would refer to the upcoming night, giving you some time to plan, if you want to take the job.

Mr. Jack sends you some more info in response.

@ Emod

[ Spoiler ]

@ PR

[ Spoiler ]

It is now,
13-FEB-2069, 04:35:00
Dantic
Tick tock.

It is now,

13-FEB-2069, 06:35:00
Emod
Umm did I ever get an answer from Jack with any details or just some cryptic statement regarding application forms? Am I supposed to understand that we're to accept the job and not find out anything until we're there from that message?
phlapjack77
// Access node: KAF //
[ Spoiler ]

I actually would be posting some of PR's "music", if I could find some easy way to host files then link them here...
Dantic
QUOTE (Emod @ Aug 26 2010, 06:20 PM) *
Umm did I ever get an answer from Jack with any details or just some cryptic statement regarding application forms? Am I supposed to understand that we're to accept the job and not find out anything until we're there from that message?

The last time Jack gave you the name "Tully" was just this previous night, to go pick up your payment from the Fed-Ex of your choice, left in this name.

Tick tock.

It is now,

13-FEB-2069, 07:35:00
phlapjack77
Hey Emod, before you drop me off, can we hit the payment drop-box? I sure could use the cred...

Sounds like we'll have some details waiting for us when we pick up our payment from the Fed-Ex dropbox...hope I'm not dumbly stating the obvious here
Emod
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 27 2010, 12:46 AM) *
Sounds like we'll have some details waiting for us when we pick up our payment from the Fed-Ex dropbox...hope I'm not dumbly stating the obvious here

Wow, no it's not at all obvious to me. So feel free to dumb it down because I'm seriously lost by this series of messages so far. Where did Fed-Ex get involved in the above messages? I thought we were going to the docks asap to pick something up, not a FedEx. This is why I never play a face.

... sigh...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012