Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cannibal AR Software
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheeGravedigger
In a recent session, one of my players had an encounter with a ripper doc who may or may not be a cannibal, and who may or may not be selling corpses to ghouls. He's offered to buy long pig from the group, if they happen across any.

The player needed a virus purged from his system, which the Doc was happy to do. During this, the doc set him up with some wares that would make his task easier, a piece of AR software for his cybereyes that provides you with an overlayed butchery guide and prices for body parts.

I'm wondering if anyone could help me come up with some reasonable prices for the system to display. From what I've read, human bodies aren't worth much in 2070, somewhere under a grand per. I believe this was loosely covered in Augment, a book I don't currently have. I've also been told that cyberware is worth about 5% of the install cost, when sold to a ripper doc.

Any help?
Wasabi
As far as sellback goes, the book lists a 30% of value sellback as standard.
Used cyberware is worth half that of new.
30% of the used value is (Original value* .5 * .3 = Original value* 15% if going by RAW

For price I'd make it a good price if the blood types match and then be all ghoulish with testing every body that came in. "Naw, cant use this one Billy, its Type AB-, now if it was a Type A, welllll.... that'd be good money. I know a lady who needs a left arm thats type A, caucasion and female..."
Deadmannumberone
Start with a base value of each body part (heart or complete liver is around 1k, lungs, kidneys, or major glands are around 600, stomach or intestine/skin is 300 [intestine is per meter, skin per dm^2]), then modify it by compatibility (O- is likely 3 or 4 times base, O+ is 2-3 times, AB+ is likely much less valuable).

Blood type information and, more specifically, compatibility.
Traul
QUOTE (Deadmannumberone @ Jul 6 2010, 01:55 PM) *
Blood type information and, more specifically, compatibility.

Ghouls don't care too much about that, unless they want a well-balanced diet devil.gif
CanRay
Mmmmmmmmmm, Long Pig. It's what's for dinner!

Long Pig, the other Red Meat!

Long Pig, cheaper than Beef!

Long Pig, eh, the guy pissed off a mobster anyhow!

Long Pig, at least you know what it's been eating!

I'll stop now.
Jaid
there's a bit on this in vice; back when organs could sell for 20k+ each, and an entire corpse was likely worth 50k+ with no cyber, you could sell a corpse to an organlegger for about 10k.

since then, a legal, type O organ only gets about 4k however... so you can expect prices to have dropped significantly, since demand has also dropped by a lot. i would guess probably under 1k nuyen for a corpse, since many of the costs involved (bribing officials, transportation, etc) will not have gone down. in fact, i'd personally guess maybe 200-300 nuyen since the organleggers are probably also doing you a favor in getting rid of the evidence. maybe as much as 1,000 for someone who died *very* recently or has been properly preserved, and doesn't have too many holes in their corpse.

naturally the presence of 'ware in a body will increase the value.

edit: note that those prices are for selling directly to the organlegger iirc. if you're selling to a middleman who then sells to an organlegger, then you're probably looking at even less.
Deadmannumberone
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jul 6 2010, 12:25 PM) *

But ghouls don't eat the metallic bits. nyahnyah.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jul 6 2010, 12:25 PM) *
there's a bit on this in vice; back when organs could sell for 20k+ each, and an entire corpse was likely worth 50k+ with no cyber, you could sell a corpse to an organlegger for about 10k.

since then, a legal, type O organ only gets about 4k however... so you can expect prices to have dropped significantly, since demand has also dropped by a lot. i would guess probably under 1k nuyen for a corpse, since many of the costs involved (bribing officials, transportation, etc) will not have gone down. in fact, i'd personally guess maybe 200-300 nuyen since the organleggers are probably also doing you a favor in getting rid of the evidence. maybe as much as 1,000 for someone who died *very* recently or has been properly preserved, and doesn't have too many holes in their corpse.

edit: note that those prices are for selling directly to the organlegger iirc. if you're selling to a middleman who then sells to an organlegger, then you're probably looking at even less.

My Ganger in SR4A used to get 500 nuyen.gif per corpse, no questions asked... not bad for a ganger... At least he thought so anyways... wobble.gif

Keep the Faith
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Deadmannumberone @ Jul 6 2010, 07:27 PM) *

It's not just ghouls that buy bodies. nyahnyah.gif
Jaid
QUOTE (Deadmannumberone @ Jul 6 2010, 03:27 PM) *

some of them are on high-iron diets wink.gif
D2F
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jul 6 2010, 08:25 PM) *

Market value for unmodified bodies, I'd go with 15 bucks a pound, with about half of the gross weight being bones or other indigestables. Take 30% of that for the seller to take home.
Jaid
QUOTE (D2F @ Jul 6 2010, 11:28 PM) *
Market value for unmodified bodies, I'd go with 15 bucks a pound, with about half of the gross weight being bones or other indigestables. Take 30% of that for the seller to take home.

the thing is, the majority of the value of the corpse is probably from selling the organs, not from the selling to the ghouls part (which is where weight would be a significant measurement of value). if even 1 in 5 corpses has an organ you can sell (through the casket courier thing mentioned in vice) for 3,000 nuyen, then that's 600 nuyen per corpse average, as compared to the meat value which is likely to be quite low (probably even less than your 15 nuyen per kg figure, you're selling to ghouls and they don't likely have much money). and i suspect it's at least a little bit more often you can sell the organ than that.
TheeGravedigger
I found the sections that I had been told about,

From Augmentation, page 17:

>I can pop a scag on the street and drag his carcass to a ripperdoc or to the ghouls for a few hundred nuyen. Think I’m thinking about his family or his welfare? He’s nothing but valuable meat to me.
> Kane

and page 15:

Finally, recycling makes good business sense. The factories that make cybereyes would much rather start with even a partially complete set than start from scratch. I can get perhaps as much as 10 percent off the cost of new eyes by sending an old pair back to be refit. They don’t ask where I get them, and I don’t say—but let’s just say that 5 percent of the cost is enough to keep local razorguys in pulse and novacoke. Bioware implants are a different story: cultured ware has no resale value except as ghoul chow, but the type Owen stuff can be turned around for full price, which means that it can be sold off to a medical warehouse for perhaps 40 percent of retail with no unpleasant questions at all.

TheeGravedigger
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Jul 6 2010, 04:04 AM) *
As far as sellback goes, the book lists a 30% of value sellback as standard.
Used cyberware is worth half that of new.
30% of the used value is (Original value* .5 * .3 = Original value* 15% if going by RAW

Sorry, where do you get these numbers from? I'd like to read over that section.
Wuerfelwerfer
QUOTE (TheeGravedigger @ Jul 6 2010, 11:10 AM) *
In a recent session, one of my players had an encounter with a ripper doc who may or may not be a cannibal,

He's not a cannibal - he's a culinary humanitarian! rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012