Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thougts on a new campaign
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ragman
Hi, long time lurker here. Im starting a new campaign with my group and would like some input.

So everyone from my group in Göttingen (Tech Support, Gadget, Igel, Eddy, Uschi and Predator) please stop reading.

[ Spoiler ]
augmentin
Well if Draco Foundation is the bad guys, hit them with Assets Inc., Ryan Mercury, et. al.

Though, frankly, with a bound F8 Spirit of Man, F17 whatever spirits, etc. you're going to have to send a great dragon or something at them.

Another route, since they're all magic, all the time...go the other route. Pit them up against astral hazers, arcane arresters, cyberborgs, technomancer/sprite controlled drones and the like.
TommyTwoToes
How about having DF try to slow the Horror return (if you are following that metaplot) by supressing / killing mages. Have them hunting down paranormal critters under the guise of making the world safer, but they are also waging a secret war against all awakened to try to lower the mana level.

Aztech could be following a different path of tryign to raise magical awareness / ability so that metahumanity will have the tools needed to fight the horrors.
Doc Chase
Canon makes it really difficult to play it that way. It's been established in the novels that the last thing the Azzies want is to fight the Horrors - they were the ones trying to bring them over in the first place.

You'd be better off with the Atlantean Foundation or other suitable mystical group trying to get the artifacts before DF does. Perhaps DF's trying to cover up irrefutable existance of Atlantis to limit the Atlantean influence.
Martin_DeVries_Institute
I don't have a fleshed out idea, but here's two things to keep in mind: Immortal Elf Aina Dupree is on the DF board. An IE with the Foundation's resources is bound to have a secret plot or three going. Easy enough to make one of them unpalatable to the characters.
Second, and possibly related to Aina, Nadia Daviar disappeared without a trace around Crash 2.0. She was going out with Ryan Mercury, a Drake, and rumor had it she was pregnant. Hmmmm... I wonder where she went? I wonder what she gave birth to? Hmmm....
Ragman
Thanks a lot, i can work with that.

Hardliner faction lead by an IE in the Foundation thinks its too important to stop the horrors to wait for evidence
and (guilt by association) starts targeting Aztec mages that have nothing to do with blood magic or the horrors.

Laodicea
They're making mostly magical characters, which probably means they want to face mostly magical challenges. You can put them up against technological challenges that will easily beat them, but it won't be very fun for them or you. You should occasionally make them wish they had some tech, but don't make it the focus of the missions. People want to play a shadowrun characters strengths most of the time, not their weaknesses.

Concerning the factions of the game, i'll just say "everyone is evil from some persons perspective." the trick is getting your players to see that perspective about draco foundation.
Saint Sithney
Seems like they're all dual natured.
That means that astral noise will count as partial cover, which should hurt them.

I've got an 850 karma Gnome magehunter with Draco Foundation contacts who would be a good enemy to come door-stepping on your Nosferatu, bounty-style. He could chase him out of his nest and, should he get killed, your team would be able to find evidence that he's basically a DF hitman.

I'll post up stats if you're interested.
Falanin
The easiest way for the DF to end up as the "bad" guys is simply to have the team pull a run against them without knowing it, (shell company, etc.) You can engineer a grudge against the team (probably by a hard-ass/personally wronged/embarassed exec) as a result.

How good ARE those relic-hunting practices? Is Assets, inc. or other DF teams pulling an Indiana Jones style grab? If so, they're probably running afoul of local customs and possibly pissing off the ACTUAL owners or the spirits that the relic is linked to/placating. Heh, if it's Aztec/Mayan/Olmec artifacts, then AZT might be the legal owner of the site.

Speaking of AZT they can be GREAT to work with... as long as you're cautious. ANY mega can fuck you up, even the "I'm surprised they don't shit rainbows" Horizon. Blood magic has nothing to do with it. It's all in what connections you cultivate, and who you've pissed off. Granted, some of the AZT people are seriously crazy... but that doesn't make them any worse to work with than say, the Mafia.
Ragman
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jul 9 2010, 02:55 AM) *
I've got an 850 karma Gnome magehunter with Draco Foundation contacts who would be a good enemy to come door-stepping on your Nosferatu, bounty-style. He could chase him out of his nest and, should he get killed, your team would be able to find evidence that he's basically a DF hitman.

I'll post up stats if you're interested.

sure,
i just checked with the Nosferatu player and he took the Enemy quality,
so he´s practically begging for bounty hunters.
Daylen
Funny I always thought DF was a badguy group that was just supposed to LOOK like they were just trying to help. One easy way to have them as the enemy is the old proverb "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". I suggest having DF manipulate some group or attack someone, then have the victim contact the runners for help. Only suggest along the way that DF is the nefarious group that burned down the orphanage. At the end reveal the truth.
Wasabi
Anything requiring full VR in the matrix would be a challenge for that crew methinks. The Voodoo mage could probably get possessed to aid in AR hacking but in VR they're hamstrung unless I'm reading something wrong.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Ragman @ Jul 10 2010, 07:03 PM) *
sure,
i just checked with the Nosferatu player and he took the Enemy quality,
so he´s practically begging for bounty hunters.

Name: Damian Azeri
Work name: Daim (pronounced dime)
Street name: Rayon Red

Background:
[ Spoiler ]

Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

Typically, he would use disguise, the voice modulator and the telescoping nature of his limbs to stay hidden as a normal human. So many dual-natured characters keeps this from being useful. Also, no techies means that the little robohack doll isn't needed either. I'll post that stuff too later if there's call for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012