Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Music For the Run
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheWanderingJewels
Getting my new players into shadowrun and we finally finished CharGen last sunday. We've a Rigger (not a dwarf), Magi-Medic, Small ball of evil magic (magi with neoteny), A social adept (who's already proven his worth), and a Silent Adept, and......Sonny The Legbreaker (he's okay with that).

I'm using from Dusk Til Dawn in the background for that rather offbeat ambiance. Mixed in on the Techno Front I'm also using Collide and Covenant and a bit of Lacrimosa.

Trying to figure out what to use as i'm going to have a slow and creeping influence into the city of dark and rather bloody incidents (really a result of Aztechnology's Blood Sacrificing starting to distort the local area in ways that are not immediately obvious.

Suggestions for music?
MortVent
send them into a corp facility...

And play the barney I love you song to simulate the corp feel good vibe...
CanRay
Muzak. It's been found to improve productivity in Corporate Drones.
MortVent
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 10 2010, 08:54 AM) *
Muzak. It's been found to improve productivity in Corporate Drones.

My productivity would go from good to homicidal if they muzak.... good music slowed down and played by a bored orchastra... just offends on such a viceral level I would want to turn the place into a charnel house...
CanRay
QUOTE (MortVent @ Jul 10 2010, 08:58 AM) *
My productivity would go from good to homicidal if they muzak.... good music slowed down and played by a bored orchastra... just offends on such a viceral level I would want to turn the place into a charnel house...

Apparently it also increases the productivity of Shadowrunners, too! biggrin.gif
hermit
The Ghost in the Shell SAC soundtracks have some nice pieces, if you go for the electronic. I personally love the chanting pieces of the Otomo movie, but that's not to everyone's taste.

Personally, I think mood music should reflect whatever type of campaign you play. NuMetal and stuff from the Matrix/Blade/Other Grimdark Movies may fit well with a more violent, pink mohawk game. GitS SAC for a calmer game. 80s hair metal also may be useful, as well as Jedi Mind Tricks, all depending on what type of campaign you play. I have playlists made up of horror movie and game soundtracks too - Fear, Resident Evil, Dead Space. As a default, I play mostly to the soundtracks of 28 days/weeks later these days.
Squiddy Attack
These might work.

Click

Click

And here's something for the big and horrible eerie moment(s).

Clicky

And while I'm at posting music, I can see this being played during a chase in the same way as Yakety Sax.
Demonic357
The Quake soundtrack by Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails is great for menacing ambiance. Darkspace creates some pretty nightmarish space themed black metal, and it's all available free on their website. If you really wanna freak your players out there's always this.
MortVent
for the female techonomancers or dealing with AIs of the female gender type... Orgy - fiction is a good one
Saint Sithney
Scott Walker's later work (1978-present) is some choice stuff for moving near-dischord.
Try out The Electrician -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnLfST5Avqs

Badmoodguy88
Fall out one and 2 had some good music. They have the advantage of blending together.
Fallout - Children of the cathedral
Fallout - The glow
Fallout -Necropolis
Fallout 2 - Desert

Creepy Music
more random creepy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012