Restricted gear X 3 15BP

Negative Qualities -35BP
Thrill Seeker 5
Braggart 5
Liar 5
Spirit Bane 10
Focus Addiction (moderate) 10

Active Skills 90 BP
Gymnastics 6, specialized for ranged attacks(can you do that?)
Exotic Melee Weapon 6 specialized for Monowhip
Pistols 5 specialized for Ruger T-bolt.
Running 3
Intimidation 1

Resources 250,000, 50BP

Wares: $165,750
Move By Wire II - 85k
Muscle Toner 4 - 32K
Enhanced Articulation - 40k
Cybereye 3: $8,750
Smartlinks, Vission enhancement 2, thermographic vision, vision magnification, flare compensation, low-light vision

Weapon focus rating 4 - 40k, 4 BP bonded

Gear:
Ruger Thunderbolt modded Gas vent 3, Silencer, Gecko Grip, Personalized Grip $1750
Form fitting body armor Full suit w/ Thermal dampener 4 & Ruthenium Polymer coating $11,100
Auctioneer business clothes w/ Nonconductivity 4 $2300
Monowhip w/ personalized grip and weapon focus. ($3100 + weapon focus)
ActiveSoft: Perception 4 $12k
AcitveSoft: Infiltration 4 $12k
Extra magazines: 10 $1000
Commlink: novatech Airware w/ Renraku Ichi OS $1850

Magic:
Combat sense 2, 1 PP
Improved Combat Ability Gymnastics 2, 1PP

Some Dicepools:
pistol: 9 agi + 7 skill + 1 personalized + 2 smartlink +1 enh articulation= 20 DP
Whip: 9 agi + 8 skill + 1 personalized +4 weapon focus +1 enh articulation +2 reach= 24DP
Defense: 9 reaction + 2 combat sense +1 enh articulation = 12+ (full defense + 8 gymnastics (+2 for ranged attacks)) = 22)
Damage resistance: 4 bod + 11 ballstic armor/5 Impact armor.

Room for improvement:
Earned money will be very quickly spent on new ActiveSofts to diversify the character easily.
Karma will be spent on initiations & power points, and possibly raising willpower. Power points will be spent on further Combat sense, and possibly astral perception.

Questions:
Dodge vs. Gymnastics: which is better? why? I sort of like gymnastics for the feel of the character more than anything.
Can you specialized gymnastics for dodging ranged attacks?
Does gymnastics count as a combat ability for the purposes of adept powers, or a physical ability?
Concerning activesofts - how quickly can one change/load a new skillsoft?
Have I run-aground on any of the Missions specific houserules without knowing it?
Makki
Gymnastics is not a Combat Ability and you can specialize exotic weapon skills
activesofts in sr4a cost 10k x rating

and Dodge is better, works in melee as well and you will need it, because you can't (well, by RAW you could, but what GM would allow it ?!) block with your monowhip...
Wasabi
Enhanced Articulation doesnt help with anything except parachuting, swiming, climbing, etc. Physical skill group is different than Combat skill group.

Radar Sensor is great btw. Consider getting one.

Ruthenium on your underwear wont help you except for the hands and hood FF3 comes with.
Stingray
Magic 6 cost 65 bp (last raise 5 to 6 cost 25bp)
Gas-vent can not be added to pistols (if playing RAW rules)
What spirit type is chosen ? (spirit bane)
Wasabi
At one point Spirit Bane was no longer permitted in the NYC campaign per The_Dunner. No word yet on Seattle Campaign for 2011.
Wasabi
Personalized grip acts as recoild comp on firearms and adds to dicepool with MELEE weapons.

Activesofts in SRM go by SR4a (all of SR4a is used since its SRM) and that means an Activesoft 3 is 30k nuyen which is like 6 runs. plan on patching a lot of pirated activesofts if you plan on using a 'soft library of activesofts... or find a bunch of runners also patching!
Glyph
You should change your gymnastics for dodge. Why? Because Move-by-Wire II increases the dodge skill rating by +2.

Gymnastics is generally easier to pump up, with, among other things, Neo-EPO, synthcardium, enhanced articulation, and only 0.25 per level to improve it with an adept power (no RAW ranged specialization, though - Missions probably doesn't allow custom specializations). For your particular build, though, I would recommend dodge, since you have the aforementioned Move-by-Wire II and its bonus to that skill.

Unless Missions uses slightly different rules for character creation, you can only have a single 6 or two 5's at character creation.

Enhanced articulation may not add to combat skills (a few people on the boards argue otherwise), but another option to consider is reflex recorders.
Laodicea
Thanks for the replys you guys! I don't know how I mis-calculated the magic point cost. Oh well. I'll be posting a modified one here shortly.
Laodicea
Some quick points & questions:
1. Enhanced articulation effected combat skills in SR3 didn't it? Any compelling reason to change that? At 40k, it seems like it should affect combat skills. Yes, the RAW description says Physical skills. I can see using a very narrow interpretation of that as a GM, but I, personally, would not.
2. going with dodge due to Glyphs point. I knew this about move-by-wire, which is why i chose it, I just forgot about it somewhere along the way.
3. Can't a gas vent be added to a modified pistol via Arsenal rules?
Glyph
For enhanced articulation, keep in mind that Missions will probably be a lot more strictly RAW than a normal game would be. Enhanced articulation and the mnemonic enhancer were both fairly powerful, almost must-have, bioware in SR3, but both of them got hit pretty hard with the nerf bat in SR4.

The restriction on gas vents shows up in the description for the modification as well as the description for the accessory. You might consider switching your skill from pistols to automatics, since machine pistols can use gas vents. This also would let you use things like assault rifles for more serious combats.
Laodicea
Ruger Thunderbolt is a burst-fire only pistol. Does that make it a machine pistol? It's under heavy pistols in the categories, for some reason. It gets 2 points of recoil compensation, anyway, so I won't worry too much about the gas vent.
Stingray
10 extra magazines 1000 yen?? looking the book, it says 5 yen/1..
personalized grip + Underbarrel weight mod./Auto-adjusting weight mod. would work..
Saint Sithney
Auto-adjusting weight can't be mounted on pistols either.

FN 5-7C is the #1 choice of concealable weapon for gunners everywhere.
Stingray
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jul 12 2010, 09:32 AM) *
Auto-adjusting weight can't be mounted on pistols either.

FN 5-7C is the #1 choice of concealable weapon for gunners everywhere.

embarrassed.gif
DOH!!
ork.gif
(i guess that means 1h sleep is not enough..)
Silver12
You might also consider posting in the Missions forum...might be some more directed answers, as well as the Missions admins who can clarify what is/isn't legal in Missions.

Basically Missions uses straight up RAW rules (no rules marked as optional allowed), with a few qualities/species/etc. not allowed.

Emy
What is Cyberware Compatibility?

How do you have 6 magic and that much 'ware?
Udoshi
Unfortunately, missions stuff is pretty straight standard By The Book RAW. And...to be honest, you're missing a bunch of stuff.

QUOTE (Laodicea @ Jul 11 2010, 12:58 PM) *
Magic 6 50 BP

Miscosted

Cyberware compatibility 10BP

Quality doesn't exist.

Exotic weapon skills cannot be specialized. (4A 122: Exotic Melee Weapon, Specializations: N/A)

Active Skills 90 BP

Miscosted. 6+6+5+3+1=21 x4 bp/level=84 BP Even with two specs(one of which isn't legal), 88 isn't 90.
Additionally, high rating skills are limited during creation. see the book for details.

Miscosted. Those are 40k each, per the Anniversary edition changes.

Move By Wire II - 85k
Muscle Toner 4 - 32K
Smartlinks, Vission enhancement 2, thermographic vision, vision magnification, flare compensation, low-light vision

Essense costs not calculated, nor is magic loss.

Magic:
Combat sense 2, 1 PP

Your power points totals are off

Forgot bonding costs.

[quote name='Laodicea' date='Jul 11 2010, 12:58 PM' post='955379']
Clarification needed. Augmentation has rules for single cybereyes. I'm assuming you want a regular regular pair of eyes.

To answer your questions about Gymnastics dodge, See This Thread. Basically, gymnastics dodging IS GOOD. But you may only use it on a full defense.

Yeah. For a mission, this totally wouldn't fly. I didn't even bother price/modslot checking your gear.
Wasabi
QUOTE (Laodicea @ Jul 11 2010, 07:07 PM) *
Ruger Thunderbolt is a burst-fire only pistol.

I'm not by a book but make sure its not avail -F
I believe the Savalatte Guardian is avail 12R so its a better choice.
Silver12
QUOTE (Emy @ Jul 12 2010, 05:07 PM) *
What is Cyberware Compatibility?

How do you have 6 magic and that much 'ware?

Pretty sure he means Biocompatibility (Cyberware) - 10bp positive quality [Augmentation, p.20]. Decreases essence loss from cyberware (or bioware, player chooses when picking the quality) by 10% or so.
Emy
In addition to what Udo and the others have said:

Restricted gear X 3 15BP

You should note which items are your restricted gear, so it's easier to tell what you should and shouldn't have.

Gymnastics 6, specialized for ranged attacks(can you do that?)
Pistols 5 specialized for Ruger T-bolt.

EMW is chosen for a specific weapon. In this case you get Exotic Melee Weapon: Monofilament Whip. Monowhip isn't the specialization, it's the entire skill.

You cannot have two active skills at 6 and one at 5 during character creation. You're limited to one at 6, or two at 5.

Resources 250,000, 50BP

Move By Wire II - 85k
Muscle Toner 4 - 32K

If you look at your own numbers, this 'ware adds up to more than 330k. I'm not even going to bother counting past here.

Weapon focus rating 4 - 40k, 4 BP bonded

Gear:
Ruger Thunderbolt modded Gas vent 3, Silencer, Gecko Grip, Personalized Grip $1750
Form fitting body armor Full suit w/ Thermal dampener 4 & Ruthenium Polymer coating $11,100
Auctioneer business clothes w/ Nonconductivity 4 $2300
Extra magazines: 10 $1000
Commlink: novatech Airware w/ Renraku Ichi OS $1850

Magic:
Combat sense 2, 1 PP

Some Dicepools:
pistol: 9 agi + 7 skill + 1 personalized + 2 smartlink +1 enh articulation= 20 DP
Whip: 9 agi + 8 skill + 1 personalized +4 weapon focus +1 enh articulation +2 reach= 24DP
Defense: 9 reaction + 2 combat sense +1 enh articulation = 12+ (full defense + 8 gymnastics (+2 for ranged attacks)) = 22)

Personalized Grip does not add to pistol attacks. It gives 1 recoil compensation.

Specializations do not increase your skill. They add two extra dice to tests where they are applicable.

Enhanced Articulation gives a bonus to Physical skills linked to Physical attributes. These are listed on page 124 of the SR4a book and do not include any of: reaction tests, melee attacks, or ranged attacks.

Reach can be applied offensively, but what you get is equal to the difference in reach between you and your opponent, so you shouldn't factor it in beforehand.

QUOTE (Silver12 @ Jul 12 2010, 06:25 PM) *
Pretty sure he means Biocompatibility (Cyberware) - 10bp positive quality [Augmentation, p.20]. Decreases essence loss from cyberware (or bioware, player chooses when picking the quality) by 10% or so.

Ah, that's what it is. It's unnecessary, since with his current 'ware totals--which aren't affordable even with maxed In Debt and Born Rich--the adept will lose 4 points of magic with or without it.
Laodicea
QUOTE (Emy @ Jul 12 2010, 09:50 PM) *
If you look at your own numbers, this 'ware adds up to more than 330k. I'm not even going to bother counting past here.

I think that you've counted my Wares total and itemized Wares list and added them together, so you're doubling what it should be.

Lots of other corrections to make, though.

With the SR4A changes to Skillsofts, I'm not sure this character remains entirely "worth it", since the BP cost of the skillsofts is nearly = to the BP costs of actually buying the skills at that level, particularly when you factor in essence & Ware costs for it.
Emy
QUOTE (Laodicea @ Jul 12 2010, 09:05 PM) *
I think that you've counted my Wares total and itemized Wares list and added them together, so you're doubling what it should be.

Indeed! I counted the ware twice.

QUOTE (Laodicea @ Jul 12 2010, 09:05 PM) *
With the SR4A changes to Skillsofts, I'm not sure this character remains entirely "worth it", since the BP cost of the skillsofts is nearly = to the BP costs of actually buying the skills at that level, particularly when you factor in essence & Ware costs for it.

I might be totally off base here, because I've never been a fan of skillwires, but what about pirated skillsofts? Would they make this work better?
Laodicea
QUOTE (Emy @ Jul 12 2010, 10:15 PM) *
I might be totally off base here, because I've never been a fan of skillwires, but what about pirated skillsofts? Would they make this work better?

Sure, but can you take those at creation? and is a Misisons GM going to let me enter the game and immediately say "I"m going to Pirate this skillsoft now."?
Wasabi
Cracking software takes time and time in the SRM campaign means spending lifestyle. Just buy them cracked. Yes, thats legal.
Note that you cannot "Rush the Job" on extended tests in SRM's so with a Nexus its 2 skillsofts per week patched and every few weeks you spend on lifestyle.

If you'll use pirated software in SRM's only get a few and make it the expensive ones like Blackhammer and Three Musketeers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012