Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power foci
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lilt
I used to read the bit about power foci increasing magic rating for determining the maximum spirit force that can be summoned as nonsense (as there is no maximum on the spirit force you can summon normally).

I just realised, however, that that rule could apply to watchers where there is a force limit based on magioc rating (maximum force <= magic attribute/2 rounding up).

Have other people used this? Am I just stupid to miss it for so long? I'm just wondering what other people think of it. Is it allowed? Would you allow other power foci-like things (power-sites/lines or an ally spirit's aid power) to have the same effect?
toturi
That's how I read too and that's how I played it.
simonw2000
Have to agree. And if you have MITS, it ain't that hard to do it yourself.
Zazen
That maximum force that you can summon is Magic x 2. It's in SR3, page 188.
Lilt
QUOTE (Zazen)
That maximum force that you can summon is Magic x 2. It's in SR3, page 188.

Ah. In the conjuring drain section... That's a great place to put a rule that applies before you get to the drain test wobble.gif

OK. Anyway: Me wrong. Nothing to see here.
Jason Farlander
To clarify, there is and always has been (as far as SR3 is concerned, I cant speak for SR1 or 2) a rule in the BBB limiting the maximum force of any spirit you can conjure to twice your magic rating. The description of power foci did not mysteriously become sensible when MITS was released... it was always sensible.
ShadowGhost
Power Foci only increases your magic rating for two things - to determine whether drain is Stun or Physical, as well as for determining the maximum spirit force that can be summoned. (pg 190 SR3)

So Lilt, you're right, actually.
Zazen
QUOTE (Lilt)
Ah. In the conjuring drain section... That's a great place to put a rule that applies before you get to the drain test wobble.gif

You should expect that by now. At least it was in the magic section at all nyahnyah.gif
Lilt
I thought it might have been in Rigger 3 revised or something smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012