Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How revengeful would syndicate be?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
EuroShadow
Maybe a bit of Ghost Cartel spoiler, so if you are playing or planning to play this tempo campaign then please do not read further.

So my group finished Ghost Cartel episode of Tokyo Fireworks, where (in my case) they killed the Don of local Mafia syndicate and his vice guy. The group left the town immediately, but after some time they want to return to it. The question is: How revengeful do you think such Mafia syndicate would be with regard to bunch of runners who killed their boss.

I am split between:
a) Do not mess with a family: very revengeful, very long term - that big syndicate has to show that it costs life to mess with them, otherwise, such big syndicate would lose their face and their brand is everything smile.gif . At least, if I would be next Don in the local family, I would make assassins of ex- pay.
b) Business is business: they may pretend to be looking for runners, but actually they just will not spend much resources waiting if they return; also maybe they would be looking more to the person who paid runners for the work.

What do you think?!
DireRadiant
Note that to the runners there is no effective difference in appearance between A or B until after they make the decision to return. smile.gif
IKerensky
VICE is pretty clear on that.

The runners will be tracked by the Mafia and every Mafia aware of the crime (in this case I bet for a worldwide hunt), they will hit the runners, the runners family, the fixer that help the runner do the run, pretty much anyone they can find that was even remotedly involved in the run or the runners.

They will have a team of the fragiatella (splg?) on their tracks, every mafias eyes looking out for them, every mafias ears opens.

The minuts they put the foot back to town they can assume the whole walkway will explode, or their cab, or their room, or their commlink...

If they are identified then you can inform them that all their known relatives died sudden and very violent death, as well as their fixer and weapons/gear provider.

"Dont mess with the Family or it will mess you".

They violate the number one rules of the Mafia, they kill one of them. Expect the hunt to last several years at very last...
Mordinvan
QUOTE (IKerensky @ Jul 12 2010, 06:55 AM) *
They violate the number one rules of the Mafia, they kill one of them. Expect the hunt to last several years at very last...

Well they killed some significant member of the Mafia. If you do something like this, you pretty much have to exterminate that particular organization, or pin the killing on someone else, because otherwise it will come back and bite you in ways you'd rather it didn't.
Ascalaphus
The reason the mafia survives and is effective is because of their draconian revenge policy.
EuroShadow
Thank you guys. I will agree.

Point of doubt was for me seeded, when some time before I ran one of those free missions (SRM02-22: Backlash), where they killed ZDF agents and was well searched but (i somehow followed the guidelines of that mission) they got away with it. But yeah, they were not actually initially guilty then. Now they are and everyone knows it.

I will drop some hints to them through their fixers, but boy they will want to come back to the city smile.gif
noonesshowmonkey
The Mafia is legend for its cold burning sense of revenge. There are stories of hits taking place ten, twenty, even thirty years after an offense. There is a Sopranos episode where Tony finds an informer in upstate New York that ratted on the mob and gave a couple of guys 20 year joints. It has been like ten or fifteen years, but Tony still takes the time to make sure that the loose end is tied up.

The way the mob works is that loyalty, unflinching and undying loyalty, is coupled with the longest memory of most any criminal organization. If you offend the organization as a whole and violate basic rules by doing something like bumping off a Made Man, much less a boss, you die. The only guys that can touch a Made guy are other Made guys. Thats how it works. You gotta be in the system to play in the system, and if you are an outsider, you are just meat.

The runners would, by my view of things, need to find a new line or work in a new city.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012