Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Book Check: McHugh's
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dakhran the Dark
I'm starting up a Shadowrun game for the first time in years, and the scenario I'm running will start off in a generic McHugh's restuarant. I remember there being a book with a map layout of the average McHugh's, and details of the security systems therein, including the gas system.

I need to find that book within the next hour, but with all the other preparations, and with the sheer size of my Shadowrun library, it'll be next to impossible. So, if anyone out there can remember the book it's in, that would be a great help -- even more so if you can tell me what page it's on...
Cain
It's in NAGRL; I don't recall the page number, but the chapter is "Eating Fast and Furiously".
Dakhran the Dark
Thanks a bundle -- I was afraid I was going to have to resort to the stock "Food Fight" scenario from First Run. smile.gif

Not that it's a bad first session for new players, but I have an experienced player who knows the scenario, and would probably be bored unless I mix it up a little...
Siege
QUOTE (Dakhran the Dark)
Thanks a bundle -- I was afraid I was going to have to resort to the stock "Food Fight" scenario from First Run. smile.gif

Not that it's a bad first session for new players, but I have an experienced player who knows the scenario, and would probably be bored unless I mix it up a little...

Even if you know the scenario, getting shot at and having a mildly rabid shaman going nuts is enough to distract most people. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Abstruse
There's also a generic fast food restaurant in Sprawl Sites if you don't have NAGTRL.

The Abstruse One
Rock-Steady
The adventure "Double Exposure" has also an McHugh's map in it.
Dakhran the Dark
QUOTE (Siege)
Even if you know the scenario, getting shot at and having a mildly rabid shaman going nuts is enough to distract most people. grinbig.gif

Well, normally I'd agree, but ever since the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man incident, I've tried to stay away from Food Fight... dead.gif

Anyway, NAGRL was exactly what I was thinking, I had even remembered the "planters" they use to keep carbombers and other vehicles from ramming the place. And of course my runners aren't very happy meeting in such a public and secure place, with obvious security, with minimal weaponry, in daylight. Just the way I want them...heh heh heh... devil.gif
Siege
If a run goes all to hell and I end up clutching my guts with one hand while gasping out my last breath and trying to raise the gun with the other, I do not want my last sight to be of a Golden McHugh asking me if I want fries with that.

-Siege
FlakJacket
Oh don't worry. If you're waving a gun about the in-store security will have cut you down with SMG-fire long before that. smile.gif
Siege
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Oh don't worry. If you're waving a gun about the in-store security will have cut you down with SMG-fire long before that. smile.gif

As the hidden sentry guns open up, I still don't want the last words I hear over the whirr of the motors, rainfall of shell casings and explosions in what used to be my upper torso to be the automated McHugh's jingle or the serving drone asking, "would you like to super-size your meal?"

-Siege
FlakJacket
Just don't ask what they do with the dead body during cleanup. Lets just say they're a very... green company when it comes to recycling. wink.gif
Nikoli
--best Chuck Heston impression--
McGreen is people I tell ya, people!
Fahr
or if you're scottish:
son of green is people I tell ya, PEOPLE!

-Mike R.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012