Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KE & LS Uniforms
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nemafow
So it dawned on me the other day...
What colour uniforms do LoneStar and Knight Errant wear?

I'm pretty sure LoneStar wear blue uniforms, but what kind of uniforms do Knight Errant wear?
I have a vague suspicion (speeling) that they have a white and either blue/red uniform, but I was wondering if anyone knew exactly, and even had some pictures? I have all the books, but I dont remember seeing any of KE (but I wasnt exactly looking)
Acidsaliva
My impression was that LS were blue and white (traditional cop colours)
and that KE was dark green. Or possibly dark green with yellow edging / highlights ?
Can't tell you where I have that impression from though.
EKBT81
QUOTE (Acidsaliva @ Jul 15 2010, 05:15 AM) *
My impression was that LS were blue and white (traditional cop colours)
and that KE was dark green. Or possibly dark green with yellow edging / highlights ?
Can't tell you where I have that impression from though.

LS is blue and gold, both for uniforms and cars.
IIRC there's an illustration of KE cops with green uniforms in Seattle 2072. The 3rd ed. New Seattle book stated that KE uniforms were black. Of course they could very well have changed the colour in the decade inbetween.
tagz
Never had anything to back it up, but I always thought KE uniforms would be mostly black accented by bright red. I figure those colors are the most likely to elicit respect and fear as to our natural instinctive responses to colors. KE seems like the kind that would look at that research and make a decision like that.

LS on the other hand would likely be in more familiar police uniforms that we see today, promoting tradition and using the already established authority that that appearance invokes.

Just my thoughts.
Lanlaorn
Lots of modern day police uniforms are black, and even the navy blue ones tend to be so dark they look black, heh. So both would be drawing on old traditions there.
tagz
That's a good point, I was basing off local designs but you're right that black is common. Forgot about that.
nemafow
Hmmm, might have to requisition that book, as I only have 4th books.

Thanks for the info tho guys, green or black uniforms? Never would of thought that personally.
nemafow
Is this the picture you were talking about in 3rd Seattle?

http://www.bulletsandbrimstone.com/Bullets...tion%20Ares.htm
EKBT81
QUOTE (nemafow @ Jul 15 2010, 05:45 AM) *

Yes, the picture under the "Knight Errant Security Services" heading is from "New Seattle". The picture's b/w in the book, but the adjacent text mentions KE's "sleek and stylish" black uniforms.
nemafow
Oh, I thought you were referring to the one at the top with the guys in green aiming at the onlooker
EKBT81
QUOTE (nemafow @ Jul 15 2010, 06:36 AM) *
Oh, I thought you were referring to the one at the top with the guys in green aiming at the onlooker

No, I don't think that one's from any SR book. The green-uniformed KE cops are in the 4th ed. sourcebook Seattle 2072. The cops in the Seattle 2072 pic are also far less geared up (vests and cloth caps IIRC).

This one however is from New Seattle, the old 3rd ed. book.
nemafow
No worries, thank you to all that responded, appreciate it
Eimi
I had thought people may have been talking about this picture when they were discussing KE uniforms in Seattle 2072? I mean, the story makes it very clear that they're 'cops' in Seattle post KE takeover of the contract, so I assume that they're KE beat cops on patrol duty in a park, which are often quite 'PR-friendly' in their uniforms, traditionally (mounted officers, for instance).
nemafow
Ah yes now that you refresh my memory, I remember seeing that picture... Hmmm...
Mäx
QUOTE (nemafow @ Jul 15 2010, 06:45 AM) *

thanks for that link, thats quite nice site.
nemafow
Your welcome, the website is a bit clunky, but its got some good stuff there
Kumo
As mentioned above, LS colours are blue and gold/yelow.
There are some bw pictures of LS cops in SR2 corebook, and of course in Lone Star sourcebook.
kzt
QUOTE (Eimi @ Jul 14 2010, 10:46 PM) *
I assume that they're KE beat cops on patrol duty in a park, which are often quite 'PR-friendly' in their uniforms, traditionally (mounted officers, for instance).

Unicorns, right? grinbig.gif
Larsine
In 2050 they looked like this:
Seattle Finest anno 2050
Lars
Pepsi Jedi
I always hated that pic. Made the future people look like pastel disco kids. lol
RunnerPaul
Also, keep in mind that picture doesn't show Lone Star's distinctive helmet, the one that makes the beat cops look like bad Power Rangers villians.
BobChuck
Lone-Star is Blue and Gold, that much seems to be pretty consistent.

Knight Errant seems to very from Light Green tee-shirt cop style uniforms to Black special ops battlegear. Maybe the thing to do is say "KS is green, with light colors for beat cops and public relations, darker shades for higher trained and heavily armed forces, and very dark to almost black for AAA rated security teams".

How does that sound?
CanRay
Lone Star officers look like bees?
nemafow
Awesome, thanks guys, this has all popped up because I have a bunch of miniatures that require painting, wanted some KE ones, wasnt sure what colour the fluff for them was
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (kzt @ Jul 15 2010, 08:20 AM) *
Unicorns, right? grinbig.gif

Someone's gonna have to explain that to me.
kzt
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jul 17 2010, 12:16 PM) *
Someone's gonna have to explain that to me.

The unicorn riding LS is a running joke from the CGL speculation threads.
Xahn Borealis
I knew that. I seek context. I wish to join in the humour.
Belvidere
QUOTE (nemafow @ Jul 14 2010, 11:45 PM) *

A bit passed half way down I almost laughed so hard I cried. There is a picture for Ares Firewatch. And it's the classical firewatch helmet spliced onto the body of a Halo 3 spartan. grinbig.gif
kzt
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jul 17 2010, 01:14 PM) *
I knew that. I seek context. I wish to join in the humour.

That is the context. If it isn't funny then it I guess it isn't funny.

'Well crafted words that get Shadowrun wrong are probably even worse. We don't need a Lone Star cop mounted on a Unicorn because the writer thought - "hey, it's fantasy in a sci-fi setting, right?"'
Neraph
QUOTE (nemafow @ Jul 14 2010, 10:45 PM) *

The Lone Star guy in the chair about 2/5ths the way down reminds me very, very much of a Judge.

EDIT: Actually, the pic of the Knight Errant chick next to him is as well also. You can tell from the suit (kinda harder to spot), but it really is glaring from the armrests of her throne.
stevebugge
Frequently changing uniforms would serve two purposes for almost any cop corp.

First it would make it more difficult for others to infiltrate or impersonate using stolen or faked uniforms and second it would keep the employees indebted by having them continually having to finance new uniforms as a condition of emplyment (if you wanted to GM the corp that way anyway)
Pepsi Jedi
Newer snazzier uniforms for members of your organization actually leads to better moral over all.

Look at the US change to the Digital camo uniforms. The Army and Marines got them first. The Navy didn't get theirs for a few years and vetched and complained untill they did.

Navy people, on ships.. don't need digital camo. They're on a ship. where you going to hide? But until they got the navy digital camo uniforms they complained.
CanRay
Now the big question... When are the SHIPS going to get Digicam?

And how about the Air Force?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012