Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: St. Louis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
LurkerOutThere
Anyone know who actually controls St. Louis, 6WA gives hints to it being CAS controlled but doesn't spell it out in black and white.
Cang
St. Louis in UCAS but on the border. Half of Missouri is in the CAS and half is in UCAS. STL is right on the border and according to Shadows of North America some want to join the CAS and of course the UCAS does not want that. It is like the Azzie border light.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Cang @ Jul 14 2010, 10:30 PM) *
St. Louis in UCAS but on the border. Half of Missouri is in the CAS and half is in UCAS. STL is right on the border and according to Shadows of North America some want to join the CAS and of course the UCAS does not want that. It is like the Azzie border light.

Of course the UCAS does not want that. Think how annoying it is when a city in Civ 4 says they rightly want to join the French. Which is where you almost always say piss off I'm the one in charge.
Minchandre
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Jul 15 2010, 12:37 PM) *
Of course the UCAS does not want that. Think how annoying it is when a city in Civ 4 says they rightly want to join the French. Which is where you almost always say piss off I'm the one in charge.

Not to mention the XX% of St Louisers who are happy being in the UCAS. Congress can't just abandon UCAS citizens!
Doc Chase
That would mean Branson is in the CAS.

Which...actually makes a lot of sense, once I think about it.
The Dragon Girl
SoNA says half the city is in one, and half is in the other.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (The Dragon Girl @ Jul 15 2010, 09:09 PM) *

Hmmm. If that's the case, then it's probably split along 40...
stevebugge
QUOTE (The Dragon Girl @ Jul 15 2010, 01:09 PM) *

Cardinals Fans in the CAS, Rams Fans in the UCAS twirl.gif
Doc Chase
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Jul 15 2010, 09:21 PM) *
Cardinals Fans in the CAS, Rams Fans in the UCAS twirl.gif

'Cept Busch Stadium, the EJ Dome and Chaifetz Arena are all on UCAS turf. biggrin.gif

Though CAS does get the brewery...Hm.
Rand
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Jul 15 2010, 03:25 PM) *
'Cept Busch Stadium, the EJ Dome and Chaifetz Arena are all on UCAS turf. biggrin.gif

Damn! That's not a fair trade.
LurkerOutThere
DG i missed that part in SONA and i was a little disapointed neither section in 6WA covered the city but both show it on their maps, the split city option would explain some of that.
Doc Chase
Truth be told, based on current lines a north/south split doesn't make a lick of sense. Most of the commerical power in town is on the north end, including the airport and the Air Guard station. Warehousing, manufacturing--hell, UCAS would get all the major defense contractors as well, Boeing's got a major center at Lambert. Most of the universities are north of the 40 split as well...But the CAS would get two Sam's Clubs and a Costco! ...Kinda sucks to be a CASsie in Saint Loouie.

I don't recall the map - how's the entirety of the state split out? I see it instead being East St. Louis and St. Louis City going to, say, UCAS, whereas St. Louis County would go to the CAS. Financial power goes to UCAS, manufacturing goes to CAS. It would make more sense along secession lines. CAS loses the brewery and the stadiums (as well as the NASCAR track, hurr) but they would 'gain' the aerospace assets, a fairly even distribution of universities and a good deal of manufacturing.

stevebugge
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Jul 15 2010, 01:25 PM) *

Then who ended up with the 60' tall statue of Albert Pujols? (It's in my game built in 2016 after a string of World Series wins over the Yankees)
Doc Chase
Probably UCAS, unless it was built in the County/south of 40. =P
CodeBreaker
Good thing we are 60 years in the future, multiple massive disasters and wars, and huge economic development then isn't it? Look how much some cities have changed in the last few years. Hell, look at the difference between the skyline of Shanghai in 1990 and now. Huge difference. The industrial and economic balance of a city now probably has little to do with the economic balance of a city in 2073. Plus the timelines diverged in what, 198*. 90 years of differential change.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (CodeBreaker @ Jul 16 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Good thing we are 60 years in the future, multiple massive disasters and wars, and huge economic development then isn't it? Look how much some cities have changed in the last few years. Hell, look at the difference between the skyline of Shanghai in 1990 and now. Huge difference. The industrial and economic balance of a city now probably has little to do with the economic balance of a city in 2073. Plus the timelines diverged in what, 198*. 90 years of differential change.

Yet landmarks will likely remain, and that's what I tend to base things off of. Given the bureaucratic difficulty in rezoning industrial to residential and so on, I can also infer that areas will remain within the same general industry, if not smaller or larger.

But thank you. Your comment's structure gives me insights into what I can infer from future contribution.
Daddy's Little Ninja
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Jul 15 2010, 03:25 PM) *

No they do not. At least according to my husband that does not count as beer so it cannot be a brewery.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Jul 16 2010, 05:52 PM) *
No they do not. At least according to my husband that does not count as beer so it cannot be a brewery.

*grin* Considering it's about two blocks from where I'm sitting right now, I would say otherwise. They do brew a lot more brands than just the water you're talking about there, though.

Tempted to go through 6WA and SoNA and start writing an open doc on STL based on its history and trends. Pourous border and the tunnels and such under the city make it a hell of a smuggling center...

...not to mention its rich history of brewing hooch, disputes of potency notwithstanding. biggrin.gif

P.S. Schlafly is beer, and that particular brewery is on the southside as well. nyahnyah.gif
AStarshipforAnts
Introduction to Thaumaturgy rivals General Chemistry as the biggest source of freshman tears and nervous breakdowns at the WashU campus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012