Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are There Classes of Capacity?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SkepticInc
Can I put modifications from Vehicles into a Cybereye? I hope not, but I can't figure out exactly how Capacity works. My guess is the developers mean for there to be classes (cyberware, armor, weapon, vehicle) for fitting into Slots or Capacity, but the rules for them are spread around in a whole bunch of books. Does anyone have a complete picture on these rules?
Nixda
QUOTE (SkepticInc @ Jul 17 2010, 01:24 AM) *
Can I put modifications from Vehicles into a Cybereye? I hope not, but I can't figure out exactly how Capacity works. My guess is the developers mean for there to be classes (cyberware, armor, weapon, vehicle) for fitting into Slots or Capacity, but the rules for them are spread around in a whole bunch of books. Does anyone have a complete picture on these rules?

A very bulk modified Cybereye with several cameras, multiple sensor systems and a laser can be seen
here

Of course, with that many vehicle sized mods, you'd need a bigger eye socket/cyberskull as well.
Yerameyahu
What do you mean 'modifications from vehicles'?

You can fill cyber capacity with any capacity-rated *cyberware* (eyeware, earware, and headware restrictions may apply).
Sensor packages can have capacity-rated *sensors*.
Guns get (usually) 6 slots of slot-rated *weapon mods*.
Vehicles get (usually) Body slots of slot-rated *vehicle mods*.
Armor suits get a set capacity of capacity-rated *armor capacity accessories* (many of which match cyberware or sensors).
Armor get (B+I) slots of *armor modifications*.

Where's the confusion? smile.gif There's no crossover anywhere.
stevebugge
This does really beg the question, just what is the player trying to add to their cyber eye?

Player: Can I add an ejection seat to my cyber eye, it should fit the cpacity.

GM: *Stunned Silence*
Daylen
I like to add tactical nukes or at least an rpg.
Traul
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Jul 17 2010, 01:52 AM) *
This does really beg the question, just what is the player trying to add to their cyber eye?

A heavy turret, of course. What else? ohplease.gif
Daylen
QUOTE (Traul @ Jul 17 2010, 12:55 AM) *
A heavy turret, of course. What else? ohplease.gif

What good is a turret? why not go for a grenade launcher or browning M2?
SkepticInc
I was thinking about putting Luxury Amenities into my cybereye. I'll keep a pixie in there in comfort, and make her come out and heal me when all of my hearts are gone.
Yerameyahu
The M2 goes *on* the turret, duh. nyahnyah.gif
Traul
QUOTE (SkepticInc @ Jul 17 2010, 03:05 AM) *
I was thinking about putting Luxury Amenities into my cybereye. I'll keep a pixie in there in comfort, and make her come out and heal me when all of my hearts are gone.

Can't you just use a bottle for that? Of course you have to find a bottle first...
SkepticInc
I was thinking of calling her "Beauty." 'Cause, you know, she's in my eye.
KarmaInferno
Cybereyes with bulk modification can appear somewhat odd.

QUOTE (stevebugge @ Jul 16 2010, 07:52 PM) *

Player: Can I add an ejection seat to my cyber eye, it should fit the cpacity.

GM: *Stunned Silence*

Troll with cybereyes and two pixie team members who fire out!
Squiddy Attack
QUOTE (Belvidere @ Jul 16 2010, 09:43 PM) *
Troll with cybereyes and two pixie team members who fire out!

Add in eye lasers, too!
Simon Kerimov
"2 Pink Mohawk Pixies Shooting Lasers Out Their Eyes Shooting Out Your Eyes"

Best band name ever. I calls dibs.
Megu
I'd let them take Pimped Ride Eye. Have fuzzy dice hanging from the eyelashes, lights on the undercarriage, hydraulics in the socket.
Ravennus
Ahahahaha... thank you so much for this thread. It really did make me laugh out loud reading the responses, and it's almost 3am here and I quite possibly just woke up my roommates....
Faraday
QUOTE (SkepticInc @ Jul 16 2010, 06:33 PM) *
I was thinking of calling her "Beauty." 'Cause, you know, she's in my eye.

Are you implying you're a certain critter from THAT game?
Yerameyahu
Actually, a Beholder might actually have big enough eyes for this kind of gear. smile.gif
Reg06
If you can find a way to see through your drone, just pop a micro or mini drone in where an eye used to be.
Squiddy Attack
QUOTE (Reg06 @ Jul 17 2010, 09:02 AM) *
If you can find a way to see through your drone, just pop a micro or mini drone in where an eye used to be.

Easy. Make it a drone with a camera.
Reg06
QUOTE (Squiddy Attack @ Jul 17 2010, 04:28 PM) *
Easy. Make it a drone with a camera.

What mod would let you see through it though, without rigging the drone?
Yerameyahu
The eye-drone mod. Duh.
Reg06
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 17 2010, 05:32 PM) *
The eye-drone mod. Duh.

It's still just cyberware though, right? So it wouldn't be able to get vehicle modifications. The occular drone can be controled as a spyball drone when removed, but I don't see anything explicitly stating it counts as a drone (and thus can take vehicle modifications).
Yerameyahu
Right. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were being serious. biggrin.gif As I said before, there is no way you can ever have cap/mod/accessories cross between their proper groups.
SkepticInc
Chewey the Pirate lost his legs in a fierce battle against the Monster of the Week (yarr). Having just robbed a ship of clowns, he got their clown doctor to graft him to two Entertainment Systems Cyclops'. They play clown music.
Reg06
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 17 2010, 06:02 PM) *
Right. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were being serious. biggrin.gif As I said before, there is no way you can ever have cap/mod/accessories cross between their proper groups.

True. I was trying to see if there was a way to view what the drone in your eye socket sees without jacking in.
Yerameyahu
Assuming you could have a drone in your eye socket, it'd just be a camera. You could slave the drone (and its camera) to your commlink, and trode the image feed into your brain. The rules about sensors versus 'natural' senses are pretty wonky, and being unable to control the camera like an eyeball could be disorienting? It's basically up to the GM, but why would you have a drone in your eye in the first place? I mean, duct tape a Fly Spy or little crawler to your skull and *keep* your eye. smile.gif
Reg06
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 17 2010, 07:22 PM) *
why would you have a drone in your eye in the first place?

Nitrous.
SkepticInc
*sigh* While I love Shadowrun, and I appreciate abstraction for playability, the Shadowrun rules for the Matrix, Electronics, and Vehicles reminds me of this [link]. They should have based it on the OSI model, I guess.
Achsin
QUOTE (Reg06 @ Jul 17 2010, 05:40 PM) *
It's still just cyberware though, right? So it wouldn't be able to get vehicle modifications. The occular drone can be controled as a spyball drone when removed, but I don't see anything explicitly stating it counts as a drone (and thus can take vehicle modifications).

Those are good enough for my GM
Yerameyahu
Honestly, it doesn't matter. The spyball drone with vehicle mods is not going to be a problem, and it acts as a 100% normal cybereye while docked. You still can't get anything inappropriate, and it's all disabled when it's in your eye.
SkepticInc
Firearms with the Propulsion modification: "The weapon is equipped with a limited means of propulsion, so the only thing that distinguishes it from a real drone is the fact that it still looks like a weapon." But "Note that a weapon with a propulsion system still counts as a weapon in terms of modifications, so it cannot profit from any drone or vehicle modifications."

You know, I learned my first week of posting on Dumpshock to not make a categorical statement and then violate it two lines later. Dumpshockers jump on that sort of thing like cannibalistic pixies with pink mohawks shooting lasers out their eyes.
Yerameyahu
Haha. I dunno, I thought that was 100% clear.
biccat
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 17 2010, 07:54 PM) *
Honestly, it doesn't matter. The spyball drone with vehicle mods is not going to be a problem, and it acts as a 100% normal cybereye while docked. You still can't get anything inappropriate, and it's all disabled when it's in your eye.

So you're suggesting that my cybereye based missile defense system is invalid?
Yerameyahu
I wouldn't dream of it. smile.gif
Daylen
QUOTE (biccat @ Jul 17 2010, 08:47 PM) *

It would probably go well with Cartman's cell phone...http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/cartman-gets-an-anal-probe-pic.jpg
Udoshi
QUOTE (biccat @ Jul 17 2010, 01:47 PM) *

yeah, it is.

While nothing prevents an ocular drone from being modded? (what? Its a core book mod. It says it counts as an iball, not that it can't take mods, accessories, or other drone benefits like a Sensor capacity)

... the missile defense system is still a Standard vehicle mod, and is not available to micro or minidrones.
Daylen
so Best to stick with a grenade launcher.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012