Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Ever Happened To Renny & Dr. Haberstam?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
kryton
I was wondering what happened to Renny and Dr.Haberstam from Threats 1?
I figured Renny would have played Shadowrunners to hunt him down and kill him for his transgressions and human experimentation. This was about the time that real AI's started to crop up but still before Deus. Ideally all the AI babies and what not probably died but what if they found a way to keep them alive by basically taking out all their organs and synthesizing blood and using nanites to keep the tissue healthy and oxygenated? I wonder if Renny and the children of Dr. Haberstam created the Resonance or if there was a process where by using key implants they were able to convert the personalities of the children into a know soft or program? I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or ran into any stories or information. If you haven't read the story I suggest you track down the book on www.stiggybaby.com or eBay. It's worth a read.
Nath
By 2061 (the time of Corporate Download SB), Dr. Halberstam seemingly signed a contract to work for Mitsuhama Computer Systems.
kryton
Did it give good amount of detail? Or is it briefly mentioned?
Nath
Not really. MCT's working on putting brains iinto computers or drones, and they hired Halberstam. That's about all.
kryton
That makes sense. But that means that Renny is still out there and waiting.....Any mention of Renny in Matrix or Target Matrix?
Ancient History
I have references in my Echoes page. I believe I might have missed one in Target: Matrix which indicated Renny was alive and well, but I've not checked yet (next site update: THursdayish).
kryton
Wow that's a detailed listing! I didn't find any information on Renny. Lots of other information so thanks. Am I missing something? A connection maybe I'm not making?
Ancient History
I do not mention Renny specifically, but the bare bones of the Halberstam sub-plot are under "Children of the Matrix." Am planning update for page soon.
kryton
Does it specifically mention anything about Renny?
Ancient History
I will mention Renny specifically in the update, aye.
Kagetenshi
Given that Otaku were already at work in the Denver Data Haven in 2055 and probably somewhat earlier, odds are against the Resonance having been created by anything these people did.

~J
Ancient History
I see it as a parallel development at best. But it happened before the earliest otaku reference. <shrugs>
Dakhran the Dark
Dr. Halberstam was furthering his evil experiments in the novel "Psychotrope", I think that's the last instance in canon for his appearance...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012