Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weapon focus for unarmed adepts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Reg06
Are hardliner gloves the only option for unarmed physads who want to actually hit things?
Is there any way to put hardliner gloves on your feet? Custom look with personalized grip mayhaps? The Kicking martial arts manuever is awesome, and I like the idea of a cyclops running around with elongated limbs kicking things all Dalsim style, but the character needs a focus.

edit;
I guess I have another question; how far is Reach 3? 1.5 meters?
Yerameyahu
Just houserule it. Don't get silly, though. Personalized Grip… on your feet? I don't think you can even get that for gloves in the first place. biggrin.gif
Johnny B. Good
Just take the gear's stats and call them steel-toed boots.

Or, as per the goings on in the focus thread right now, give him either a tattoo focus or an enchanted localized bone lacing/metal plate in his hands.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 19 2010, 08:39 PM) *
Just houserule it. Don't get silly, though. Personalized Grip… on your feet? I don't think you can even get that for gloves in the first place. biggrin.gif

Hey, Dr. Scholls makes some nice insoles.
Yerameyahu
Honestly, do the unarmed combat rules even keep track of gloves versus boots in the first place? wink.gif Wear the gloves, kick anyway. biggrin.gif
Deadmannumberone
Steel toed boots would work like hardliner gloves (Arsenal pg 39), only on your feet instead of your hands. Both could be enchanted into weapon foci. Additionally, sandals/sneakers/etc. can be enchanted to be weapon foci without changing the unarmed combat stats.
Mäx
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 19 2010, 10:45 PM) *
Honestly, do the unarmed combat rules even keep track of gloves versus boots in the first place? wink.gif Wear the gloves, kick anyway. biggrin.gif

Yah thats simplest think to do, but some detail oriented gm:s might have an issue of him using weapon focus gloves with kick maneuver.
Yerameyahu
Hehe. Well, regardless of what the RAW says, you can certainly do this.

Deadmannumberone, I thought weapon foci had to be actual weapons? Whatever, it doesn't matter. smile.gif I agree, you can have weapon *socks* if you want.
Lanlaorn
Well technically anything solid is a club so /shrug.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Lanlaorn @ Jul 19 2010, 08:06 PM) *
Well technically anything solid is a club so /shrug.

Glue some sequins on it and you could have a disco club.
Yerameyahu
It's not a club if it's an unarmed weapon, though! Sha-zam, RAW fails us again. smile.gif
Traul
Now I have this idea of an adept with a Droopy slippers weapon focus and Elemental strike / sound that makes loud cartoon bashing sounds whenever he hits.
crash2029
I have a crazy idea for a kicking adept. What about a Power Fist as a boot?
Yerameyahu
Obviously, you should get Monkey Feet. smile.gif

I'm surprise no one watches Community, either: Punchkicker versus Kickpuncher!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012