Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: free spirits
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Daylen
I've seen material about how scary many things are in SR. But not for free spirits. Am I just looking in the wrong places or is there a lack of material. Do most people assume Free spirits are for the most part neutral or benevolent. personally I find them interesting as malevolent force and think they are more like the Djinn in Wishmaster than Genie in Aladdin.
Dumori
Free spirits are as diverse and meta-humanity in that sense and much much more in the other. One is a leading owner of a AAA corp other likely hang around in some unexplored corner of the 6th world looking after some thing for a reason only it knows.
CanRay
Even more diverse than Metahumans. They are completely and utterly alien to (meta)human mindsets, and have *NONE* of the cultural background that non-spirits do.

Or they have even *MORE* of it, in the case of traditional spirits!
Daylen
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 23 2010, 12:32 AM) *
Even more diverse than Metahumans. They are completely and utterly alien to (meta)human mindsets, and have *NONE* of the cultural background that non-spirits do.

Or they have even *MORE* of it, in the case of traditional spirits!

Hence why I think they have great potential to be boogiemen invaders!
CanRay
Or Boogiemen allies.
Mäx
QUOTE (Daylen @ Jul 23 2010, 03:07 AM) *
I've seen material about how scary many things are in SR. But not for free spirits. Am I just looking in the wrong places or is there a lack of material.

Streetmagic has shadow spirits(p.146) and Running Wild has a whole chapter about strange spirits many of whom aren't exactly nice.
Cabral
Threats or Threats 2 has a fun shadow spirit cult that lures burn-out mages with the promise of renewed magical ability.
stevebugge
When Blood Spirits go free bad things happen
CanRay
When Blood Spirits happen, bad things happen. Period, fraggin' DOT!
kzt
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Jul 23 2010, 03:41 PM) *
When Blood Spirits go free bad things happen

And they happen very fast. Bloodzilla never got retroconned, did it?
Dumori
It did only can go to 2xbase now no more evergrowing force 2 spirits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012