Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pricing technocritters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Minchandre
If a character wanted to acquire a technocritter (say a Mongrel to use as a Matrix watchdog or something), how would you go about pricing it? My first instinct is to make them priceless, requiring a full adventure for the acquisition of such a pet. At the very least, the character should probably have a major contact that they will owe a lot of favors. Am I going a little too harsh here? If a character wants to begin play with one, should I make it cost nuyen, or BP, or just outright not permit it?
Yerameyahu
Can't go wrong with requiring acquisition-by-quest, or by major special favors. Things that are incredibly rare *and* valuable are, as you say, pretty special.
Jaid
yeah, i would agree that for now, technocritters most likely just can't be bought (at least, not with starting resources. i mean, if you're a megacorp then sure you can afford it).

in general, if you're advertising the sale of a technocritter, it will either get bought by a megacorp or, if your price goes higher than the cost of paying shadowrunners (or company men, depending; if you're some SINless guy living in the barrens, then nobody cares if the megacorp sends a corporate goon squad after you anyways) you can expect a visit from a group of heavily armed people to extract the research subject (quite possibly multiple teams, from competing megas).

eventually, the price may come down, but until then, it's going to require special circumstances to get one as a pet.
Karoline
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jul 24 2010, 06:56 PM) *
in general, if you're advertising the sale of a technocritter, it will either get bought by a megacorp or, if your price goes higher than the cost of paying shadowrunners (or company men, depending; if you're some SINless guy living in the barrens, then nobody cares if the megacorp sends a corporate goon squad after you anyways) you can expect a visit from a group of heavily armed people to extract the research subject (quite possibly multiple teams, from competing megas).

Sounds like an awesome run actually. You break into some random guys house 'Man, this is going to be easy' you think, until you turn a corner and run into another team of runners, and during the ensuing battle, a third team steals the critter.
MortVent
QUOTE (Karoline @ Jul 25 2010, 12:33 AM) *
Sounds like an awesome run actually. You break into some random guys house 'Man, this is going to be easy' you think, until you turn a corner and run into another team of runners, and during the ensuing battle, a third team steals the critter.

Done something like that... but they were all after a drone.. that had the pilot program go AI.

It hired them in the end to get it out of there since it couldn't just walk out

Also done similiar runs where three teams sent in to retrieve different items... all items left by girlfriends of a certain male... so his wife wouldn't find out they had been there after he got caught earlier with a fourth
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012