Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Martial Arts after char creation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sesix
Can some one please explain the cost of learning martial arts after the chars been created and running for awhile. I read it in arsenal, and the process of how-to didn't seem too hard, but the cost of it didn't register in my brain. Anyone help me here?
Ancient History
10 Karma per advantage.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Sesix @ Jul 25 2010, 09:46 AM) *
Can some one please explain the cost of learning martial arts after the chars been created and running for awhile. I read it in arsenal, and the process of how-to didn't seem too hard, but the cost of it didn't register in my brain. Anyone help me here?

To learn a martial art after character creation...
1. Obtain a way to learn the Art (Instructor or tutorsoft)
Black Market Instructor: Instruction Skill x 2000 Nuyen (This cost is per month, Adds success to Student's roll)
Certified Instructor: Instrucxtion Skill x 1500 Nuyen (This Cost is per Month, Adds success to Student's roll)
Tutorsoft: Rating x 1000 Nuyen (Rating equal to teh Level of Martial Arts Capability Desired, Max of 4 Obviously)

2. Make a Intuition + Agility (10/1 Month) Test
3. Once you have accumulated the requisite Threshold, you may now purchase a level of Martial Arts (It costs 10 Karma per Level)

Maneuvers are similar (You may purchase 2 Maneuvers per Martial Arts Level)
1. Instruction is Still required (At 1/2 the Cost of the Primary Martial Arts Training Cost)
2. Make an Intuition Test + Agility (5/1 Week) Test
3. Once you have accumulated the requisite Threshold, you may now purchase a Martial Arts Maneuver (It costs 4 Karma per Maneuver)

Hope that this helps... smokin.gif
Sesix
Ok yes, that helps a ton. I just wasnt sure on the karma cost, cause at one point it was saying something about cost double the bp, and the way it was worded made it sound like that was after char creation and all I could think was "umm, after char creation there is no more BP."
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Sesix @ Jul 25 2010, 09:57 AM) *
Ok yes, that helps a ton. I just wasnt sure on the karma cost, cause at one point it was saying something about cost double the bp, and the way it was worded made it sound like that was after char creation and all I could think was "umm, after char creation there is no more BP."

My Pleasure... smokin.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (Sesix @ Jul 25 2010, 11:57 AM) *
cost double the bp

in karma" is how the sentence usually goes, or should be infered smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012