Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sesix
Ok, so going through Arsenal I was wondering how I could make Wolfwood's gun from Tri-gun. So we can make a custom look rocket launcher with an underbarrel LMG. However, is there anything where we can get the slider with the multi hand guns on it? Yes I know this kind of weapon would deff make you stand out, but it would be cool.
KarmaInferno
Make it a drone with Limited Maneuverability.

1 fixed mount launcher with underbarrel LMG.

Smuggling compartment for the handguns.

You can probably fit in a few other things.

How about an Ares Executive Proctector with Custom Look? I'm away from books atm, so I don't know if that gun can mount underbarrel accessories.
Karoline
Combine a rocket launcher with under barrel mount with the 'disguised equipment' option to make it look like the center portion of the cross, then the side parts where the pistols are would be disguised boxes basically.

Good luck getting around town with that thing biggrin.gif
Doc Chaos
Even though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no Lone Star patrol, for the Lord is my sheppard? ;D
Elfenlied
QUOTE (Doc Chaos @ Jul 26 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Even though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no Lone Star patrol, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the God damn valley

Fixed that for you
Doc Chaos
I stand corrected *bows*
Summerstorm
Hm let's see. As i remember it is an LMG in the long beam, a rocket launcher with 5 rockets in the short, and 2x4 pistols in the arms. It provides cover and is HEAVY... "Because it is full of mercy" - god i love that line.

Ok... maybe to save space we could make the rocket launcher into a grenade launcher with mini grenades. The pistols shouldn't be problem. The ammo for the LMG may be a problem. Also the recoil. Hm...

The Punisher Cross
LMG side: 6P -1AP BF, FA/ 5 Innate Recoil dampening (1 Weight, 1 Custom Grip, 3 Gas), 50 Ammo, Caseless only, Smartlink
Grenade Launcher: As Grenade 5 Ammo / Airburst link
8 Pistols, Light/Heavy/Automatic per choice
Can be set down to provide partial cover in soft ground, Armor Rating/ Structure: 7/10. Switching between LMG and Grenade Launcher side takes simple action. (May get lowered to free with a quickdraw test. You should have a strength of 6 to use this weapon, lower is not advised but no penalties apply) Cannot take any modifications without ruining the whole design. Can close itself up to look like a metallic cross, without any visible openings.

Price: 15,500 without ammo.
Karoline
6 strength to use it? Wolfwood was fairly scrawny, and would be surprised if he had a strength of more than 4. He certainly wasn't the peak of human ability.

Think you could bump up the armor/structure to 8/9 for reinforced materials.
Summerstorm
Didn't Wolfwood take elixiers (With some magical science in it) to regenerate and strenghten his body. Was explained in the Manga, i think. But i just wrote 6 strength for the extra recoil for high strength. Like mentioned: No disadvantage for lower strenght. It is just uncomfortable to lug that damn thing around *g*. Hm 8/9 armor may be ok too. Yeah, let's go with that.
Yerameyahu
It's a heavy weapon, it should be 8 Str/8 Bod. They're getting away easy with 6. smile.gif
KarmaInferno
It's also anime, where characters never seem to have to worry about how much stuff weighs, unless it's funny.

Nuh uh, it's Shadowrun, where characters never seem to worry about how much stuff weighs, unless it's helping them. wink.gif
Tanegar
QUOTE (Doc Chaos @ Jul 26 2010, 09:41 AM) *
Even though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no Lone Star patrol, for the Lord is my sheppard? ;D

My favorite version is the one that was written over the gate of some US Air Force base that was the home of an SR-71 squadron: "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000 feet and climbing." Not much can hurt you when you're fifteen miles high and moving at Mach 3. cyber.gif
jakephillips
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 26 2010, 10:57 AM) *
Nuh uh, it's Shadowrun, where characters never seem to worry about how much stuff weighs, unless it's helping them. wink.gif

Yea I normally don't worry to much about it unless you have a str 1 or 2 dude trying to carry around an an armor jacket, fifteen grenades, 50 extra rounds for his ares alpha, two heavy pistols with two extra clips each, chem suit, extra respirator rating 6 medkit, and 12 sets of plastic restraints.

Yerameyahu
How much can zip-ties really weigh? biggrin.gif Now, a rocket launcher/LMG with an armored box around it…
Mäx
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 26 2010, 06:06 PM) *
My favorite version is the one that was written over the gate of some US Air Force base that was the home of an SR-71 squadron: "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000 feet and climbing." Not much can hurt you when you're fifteen miles high and moving at Mach 3. cyber.gif

I have always been partial to a version from Grand master Mandulis of the Grey Knight from WH40k
"Though I walk in the Valley of The Shadow of The Daemon, I shall know no fear, For I am what the Daemon fears. "
eidolon
Yup, this is one of those situations where I throw some relatively sound looking stats at it and grin because my player is made of badass.
KarmaInferno
I'd rather have Beyond the Grave's Coffin, personally.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Jul 26 2010, 06:21 AM) *
How about an Ares Executive Proctector with Custom Look? I'm away from books atm, so I don't know if that gun can mount underbarrel accessories.

The executive protector can -only- mount underbarrel accessories.
The good news is, it doesn't say anything about modifications, which is what the underbarrel weapon mod is.

In terms of statting it within the confines of the rules, the trickness comes from making sure it has the internal space inside to carry pistols and ammo for them. While the briefcase gun is, well a briefcase, and has some room for loot inside it, i think we can do better.
Cause, well, if you're going to stat it, it needs to carry all the stuff inside it, too.

I like the drone idea. As a drone, it would need to either be a Small or Medium, to take Standard mods, for a Weapon Mount, fixed and concealed.
The weapon mount would have a machine gun, and a reserve of 250 rounds, because its an anime gun, and needs to be able to put out an appropriately ridiculous amount of lead.
For the weapon itself, it would probably be a belt-fed machine gun to take care of the ammo reserve, with an underbarrel weapon mount modification incorporating a rocket laucher(halves the ammo, but round up), or possibly a grenade launcher. I believe the cross punisher is a single-shot rocket, so the Aztechnology Striker will do.
Either the arm or the drone would have to take a Smuggling compartment to carry the rest of wolfwoods crap, like ammo clips.
It would need to have 2 leftover for a Full Mechanical Arm, using the optional rule to give it cyberlimb capacity, which would then take two cyberlimb slides for the pistols. (Slides take8, Holsters deploy with a simple action instead of a free and take 7, and a large smuggling compartment is 5, and a small smuggling compartment is 2). We have 15 capacity to work with, but we can bulk mod up to 4 times for 1500 nuyen a pop.
So, we've used 1 modslot for the weapon mount, 3 to make it concealed, and 2 for a fullarm so far, and we're still going to need 1 more for Pimped Ride(like a cross).
Therefore, the cross punisher is a Modified GM Chariot, because it comes with a concealed, fixed, remote control weapon mount. We remove the remote control, because it isn't - and instead make it an Armored Manual control for 2 more slots, which lets anyone firing it use the vehicles armor. Perfect.

Sweet. I just made an anime gun out of a outdated, hacked postal drone. Awesome.

edit: Thats 4/4 slots, You can either Overmod pimped ride or Armor 6 with a facility. A simpler, but less RAW solution is to use the Limited Maneuverability modification to get 4 extra slots at the cost of not being able to move, which totally makes sense and is thematically appropriate - but its for minidrones only.
Yerameyahu
Isn't that drone way bigger than the cross? smile.gif And… you're using a drone, with cyberlimbs, just to make an LMG/rocket/pistol rack? biggrin.gif Mad science.
Udoshi
No, its a small drone. Per the drone sizes, a small drone/body2 drone can range from the size of a commlink or toaster up to the size of a large dog, and have a concealability of +4 to +6. Without wheels, I'm pretty sure that puts it into about the same size range.

And... yeah. I'm using a drone with cyberlimbs do mad science. Well put.

Is it just me, or do the Drone Sizes(small, medium etc), the descriptions of the sizes in arsenal, the body of most drones, and the descriptions of said drones just.... not match up? It feels like everything is a size off.
I mean, a wheelchair the size of a toaster? (the Steed)
Really, catalyst?
Yerameyahu
Yeah, I assumed the Chariot was bigger. Also, how do you have weapons, let alone heavy weapons, on a Body 2 drone? You don't, so it must be bigger. smile.gif
Udoshi
because 1) it comes with it, and 2) arsenal changed the Weapon Mount rules to round up. 2/3=.66, rounds up to 1. Viola, done. And small drones are the, well, smallest drones that can take Standard sized upgrades, which the weapon mount is.

Like i said, the drone size rules all feel off.
Yerameyahu
I could have sworn there was a fix for that 'rounded up' error (because obviously, it's an error).
Udoshi
No, I don't think so. Otherwise, small drones can't be armed, and it breaks half of arsenal.

More likely, it was an oversight in the main book, and fixed in arsenal.
Yerameyahu
*shrug* I think it doesn't make sense for a dog to have an LMG. It makes sense for Body 3. The old rules had it set up so you could mount pistols and things on little stuff, and big things on big stuff. frown.gif The problem is those drones being Body 2, not LMGs being allowed on Body 3+.
Udoshi
Yes, but a doberman is sized dogdrone, at medium, and body 3.

And yeah, i really wish there was some sort of micro-weapon mount, for smaller drones to take SMGs and pistols, but none of that LMG crap.
Yerameyahu
See, I don't see the doberman as 'dog-sized' (a meta is Body 3+; a huge dog is easily meta-sized), so you're right. smile.gif

We agree: a mess.
Udoshi
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 27 2010, 09:26 PM) *
We agree: a mess.

Yes.

I never thought I'd see us agree on anything so quickly.
Karoline
Best to check Erratas. It doesn't round up. They even changed an example of recoil because it had a small sized drone with a mount on it. Example got changed to a medium sized drone.
Udoshi
It wasn't errata'd, and still rounds up.

There is not listing for Weapon mounts, size under the errata, and my Arsenal 2nd printing still says "as a general rule, one weapon can be added to a vehicle for every 3 points of body it has, rounded up."

Sorry.

Like i said, likely an oversight in the main book, and fixed in arsenal. Besides, if catalyst flip-flopped like that cause they don't know their own rules, it'd make the GM chariot have an illegal standard mod, and that makes even less sense than 'oops, messed up the first time not the second'.
Karoline
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jul 28 2010, 09:50 AM) *
It wasn't errata'd, and still rounds up.

There is not listing for Weapon mounts, size under the errata, and my Arsenal 2nd printing still says "as a general rule, one weapon can be added to a vehicle for every 3 points of body it has, rounded up."

Sorry.

Like i said, likely an oversight in the main book, and fixed in arsenal. Besides, if catalyst flip-flopped like that cause they don't know their own rules, it'd make the GM chariot have an illegal standard mod, and that makes even less sense than 'oops, messed up the first time not the second'.

Yet look at the errata for arsenal. They go to great length under weapon recoil to change a drone with body 2 and a mount into a drone with body 3 and a mount, presumably because a drone with body 2 can't have a weapon mount. What does 4a say? That would have president over arsenal.
Yerameyahu
SR4A says round down. I'm fine with some stock drones being rules-illegal, because it happens a lot anyway. Is there any other Body 2 drone that has a weapon mount? The 'highly illegal, highly modified Chariot' can be an exception. smile.gif
Karoline
Well, technically most drones/vehicles are illegal because they have mods on them that don't count towards the 6 mod limit. Also remember that it says "As a general rule, a drone can have..." as in 'there are exceptions' and the Chariot is simply one of these exceptions, likely because it is specifically designed to support a weapon's mount.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012