Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scooped?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BookWyrm
OK, since I pre-order my comics through Previews, I checked for the new order-form for for October 2010.
So, I checked for the comics I like, then checked the Games section, mostly out of habit, and THERE IT IS.
(go to p. 36 of the order-form, if you have a PDF reader & look under Catalyst Game Labs)

OK, can I get a confirmation?
Demerzel
I see a few problems with that list, firstly Battletech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction is already out (On my shelf even) so I can promise that it's not going to be released on August 14th as it's already out. Same is true of SR4A, and Corp Guide.

That would tend to take away from any idea that those dates are meaningful, and just assume that they are blowing smoke about something they don't really know anything about.

JM Hardy
I think at this point it is very unlikely for the Toolkit to come out in August. But it's time is coming . . .

Jason H.
Abstruse
Listings in Previews are something like 3-6 months in advance, which means they would've had to put in that announcement sometime between January and March - before the recent massive delays due to all the...problems...going on.
BookWyrm
The listing in Previews has the Toolkit slated for October 9th, 2010. I haven't picked up the actial printed catalog in a while (to save the cash, but after September, I can start up again), but it does give me a kind of hope that I will see the product sometime in my lifespan....
Gamer6432
I'd also point out that it says the 20th Anniversary Core book is coming out on the same date.
JM Hardy
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Jul 26 2010, 10:19 PM) *
The listing in Previews has the Toolkit slated for October 9th, 2010. I haven't picked up the actial printed catalog in a while (to save the cash, but after September, I can start up again), but it does give me a kind of hope that I will see the product sometime in my lifespan....

I have no date and am not allowed to speculate. But if I were, I'd say that's getting closer to the ballpark . . .

Jason H.
Mr. Mage
Ok...sorry...wait.
What exactly is the Runner's Toolkit supposed to be?
Warlordtheft
GM Screen, and other useful tidbits---not sure if the PACKS (Kind of a kit type character building like the cybersuites), and some other handy tid bits. From the CGL site:

"Runner's Toolkit (Box set)
Announced as part of Shadowrun's twentieth anniversary celebration, the Runner's Toolkit contains essentials for groups on their first run or for experienced groups who want important resources in an easy-to-use format. Resources in the set include a gamemaster's screen, a pre-generated auxiliary character and kit system, a collection of essential tables from all of the core rulebooks, a copy of the introductory adventure On the Run, heavy-duty reference sheets covering a variety of common game tasks, and a booklet with sample contacts and adventure seeds.

The Runner's Toolkit will be a handy reference for anyone playing Shadowrun, making it easier for beginners to start playing and for veterans to keep the game moving."
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Mr. Mage @ Jul 27 2010, 08:24 AM) *
Ok...sorry...wait.
What exactly is the Runner's Toolkit supposed to be?

It has:
* GM screen;
* PACKS (Pre-generated Auxiliary Character and Kit System;
* CASS (Contacts, Adventures, and Sprawl Sites);
* Updated On the Run;
* Anatomy of a Shadowrun (fiction-style telling of a run side by side with a description of the mechanics used to resolve tests and so forth in that run);
* A big book of tables listing pretty much all gear;
* Color maps of four basic locations on heavy cardstock;
* A bunch of full-color cheat sheets running down the basic steps for a multitude of common tasks, including summoning, spellcasting, ranged combat, melee combat, Matrix combat, drone combat, and more.

I believe that's it.

Jason H.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012