Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Specilized Activesofts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Karoline
I'm not finding anything myself, but I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to have an activesoft with a specialization on it. I figure a rule for it might be hiding in unwired somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible other than game balance.
Glyph
Nothing I could see in Unwired. The trouble with adding specializations to skillsofts is that skillwires and skillsofts are both priced and limited by rating. So to add specializations, you could house rule either:

1) Treat a specialization as the equivalent of a rating point for purposes of price/running them. So running pistols: 3 with a specialization in semi-automatics would be the equivalent of running pistols: 4.

2) Treat a specialization as a program option, using the advanced rules from Unwired.
Yerameyahu
Yes, I'd allow you to buy a skill at 2+2 that *counted* as a 4. The difference would be a price break for the limitation; say, 20% off? Not too much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012