Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FAB II Fogger
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stormdrake
Had an idea and wanted to see if any one had already done t. I was thinking of using a fog machine like device that creates a FAB II mist for enclosed areas. It would last for twenty four hours and would work on a compressed air system. Has any one ever done this and if so how did they stat it out?
Acme
*Shivers* I think Coyote just fainted at the idea of hearing FAB Bacteria.

But I think there was something like that in Corporate Security.
MortVent
Did something like it kinda... but was using a splash or gas grenade loaded with the stuff to really piss off a wizkid gang... worked too!
KarmaInferno
Alternative:

An actual Pee Grenade. Mixed with DMSO. Jarate!

"AUGH. IT'S IN MY MOUTH. I CAN TASTE IT IN MY MOUTH."

"Oooh... I have been shown who is the boss!"
Simon Kerimov
QUOTE (Stormdrake @ Jul 30 2010, 03:51 PM) *
Had an idea and wanted to see if any one had already done t. I was thinking of using a fog machine like device that creates a FAB II mist for enclosed areas. It would last for twenty four hours and would work on a compressed air system. Has any one ever done this and if so how did they stat it out?

I, I think I love you.
CanRay
“FAB sticks to Ghouls” is *not* a motivational phrase.

nyahnyah.gif
Stormdrake
There is a grenade in Arsenal that does this in the short run.

[Esprit “Petite Brume” Grenade: In early 2069, the druids of Brittany and French weapons manufacturer Esprit Industries made a breakthrough in manatech: a smoke grenade that impedes astral perception. The puck-shaped grenade dispenses a cloud of fluorescing astral bacteria strain II-Beta (FAB-IIb) within a fine suspension of water droplets, forming a mist that obscures physical and astral perception.
The “Petite Brume” Grenade releases a cloud of light mist over an area with a diameter of 10 meters. The mist obscures vision, applying visibility modifiers for light mist to relevant tests. FAB-IIb does not form an astral barrier; it prevents astral movement through the mist faster than 100 meters per Combat Turn and increases the threshold for Assensing Tests by 2 when looking through the mist. It lasts for approximately 4 Combat Turns (less in windy areas, longer in confined areas at the game-master’s discretion).]

The fogger would do the same thing but for longer and over a larger area. It would still need to be used inside for optimal efficiency The device would come outfitted with UV lights around the outside of the device so that the passage of any astral body through the area would be visible to mundanes as well.

FAB Fogger; Range: Diameter (Rating x 10 meters), Availability: (Rating x 3)F, Duration: 24 hours, Cost: Rating x 1,000

Just my initial idea
Simon Kerimov
Oh, my. I just noticed that FAB-III has an Availability of 20, and costs 15,000nY per Force.

5 BP Restricted Gear
3 BP for 15,000nY

I think I'm going to have to update the EVO product catalog with some Manatech.
Voran
SR2 Corporate Security (was it 2nd ed? I forget) did have something akin to that, including the fluff piece of an astral projecting mage who got caught, then approached by the on site security mage, "You want out? Time for us to have a little talk."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012