Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Art
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JurneeJakes
They say you can find anything on the internet, but I'm at a loss here. I know back when I was playing the first edition of SR, I saw this picture in one of the rule books but can't for the life of me remember which one it is in, and I can't find any reference to it other than this thumbnail online. Any help would be appreciated, and a decent scan and upload would be even more appreciated.

http://www.rpg.net/gallery/images/alewis.jpg

JurneeJakes
Does no one recognize this piece? I'm pretty sure it's from a First Edition book.
Prime Mover
Wasn't alot of color art in first edition, don't recall this one. Was looking at Lewis's site and didn't see this either.
Prime Mover

EDIT: Double post
suoq
It's not in the first edition of the first book nor the paper UPDATE leaflet containing the Rex Tremendae that I have sitting in my book with no clue when or where I got it. (It's got some fold marks. It may have come with a FASA catalog. I don't know.)

It's also not from any of the Shadowrun cards in my (admittedly small) collection.

That being said, the artwork is labeled on rpg.net as being from Albert Lewis Jr. You should be able to contact him at http://alewisjr.wordpress.com/
Prime Mover
My first thought was from the card game, don't recall seeing that in a book.
JurneeJakes
For the longest time I thought that I had imagined it until I saw this thumbnail. They have the distinctive Shadowrun Troll look to them, but I can't recall what book it could possibly be from. I'm skeptical that anyone at wizkids has much material from Fasa's records? Suddenly having owned each edition of SR is now problematic. Too bad all those early books are long gone now. I thought maybe it had been one of the Tir books, but no. I am fairly certain that it was from one of the center colorized sections of the Fasa books? What was the first magic book called? The Grimoire?
Prime Mover
I'm pretty sure this isn't from 1st ed stuff. If anything it reminds me of WoTC Tiefling art.
suoq
QUOTE (JurneeJakes @ Aug 2 2010, 11:07 PM) *
They have the distinctive Shadowrun Troll look to them
Note that in the 1989 edition, trolls have short horns, about the size of elf ears at best. pg 146 (rhinohead) and pg 173 (bouncer) have the longest horns, about the length of a finger. I'm not sure when the horns got longer. (I had children and dropped out of the hobby, community, and scene.)
JurneeJakes
Well then I'm really confused as the only other system I was playing back in the 80's was Top Secret SI and I don't think it's from there. Both figures in the image have the classic troll tusks from Shadowrun, but seem to have the slate grey skin and white hair of a D&D drow but are surrounded by magic and tech.
Prime Mover
There much too pretty for SR Trolls.
JurneeJakes
Probably why the piece has stuck with me for so long.
MJBurrage
The female is also visibly topless. I personally have no problem with that, but it would be unusual for a game book which has to sell to Americans.

Show a head getting ripped off, no problem; but heaven forbid we show a nipple.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012