Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elemental summoning behind wards
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pendaric
Rules say you lose a service using the meta planar short cut to bring your elementals behind/within a ward.

But would this apply if it is your ward or you were part of the warding team that set up the ward in question?

I would say no in the first instance but warding teams for magical groups may be a big risk with a defections in the second.

Whats your take, dumpshock?

And this is for SR3 because some always misses that.
Dumori
Your wards are certainly fine if you let you spirits pass though them the same would apply to the ward you helped set up.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Dumori @ Aug 1 2010, 11:20 AM) *
Your wards are certainly fine if you let you spirits pass though them the same would apply to the ward you helped set up.

Yeah, the wards do not exist (for all intents and purposes) for your Spirits if you set them up that way from the start (and you can even attune them later if I remember correctly)... wobble.gif
Pendaric
Ok next part of the question. if a mage is part of a warding team do they get the keys to the castle for the entire ward created by the team?

This would make sense that a mage could attune a spirit or person to a ward they helped to create but what happens when only one member of the team defects and the rest of the team is there resisting them letting others in?

Is a majority issue or based on pure power/talent. Or is it simple tough, they have the key to your fortress?
Deadmannumberone
A ward can be retuned after creation to add or remove signatures that it should allow through, or to add or remove people who are attuned to the ward, by anyone with the ability to retune wards that is also attuned to the ward.

If the rogue mage strikes before being removed from the attuned list, there's nothing to keep him/her out.
Pendaric
Cheshire Grin.
Mordinvan
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 1 2010, 12:01 PM) *
(and you can even attune them later if I remember correctly)... wobble.gif

Do you have any idea where the rules for later attunement might be? I always thought wards were unchangeable once created.
Pendaric
I have always run that a ward creater can let in a guest if present per main rules in SR3 BBB. . But it does raise the question of the 12 mage permenant ward having the "locks changed" by one renegade.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Mordinvan @ Aug 2 2010, 01:51 PM) *
Do you have any idea where the rules for later attunement might be? I always thought wards were unchangeable once created.

You Know, I can't seem to find them... I do remember reading them, but could be remembering a previous edition... I will continue to peruse, but hold out no hope currently... wobble.gif
Deadmannumberone
QUOTE (Mordinvan @ Aug 2 2010, 02:51 PM) *

It's entirely possible we're grandfathering that aspect of wards into SR4 as it was present in the previous editions.
Mordinvan
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 2 2010, 05:54 PM) *
but hold out no hope currently... wobble.gif

damnit, cause I like hope.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Mordinvan @ Aug 2 2010, 05:25 PM) *
damnit, cause I like hope.

She is definitely Cute... heheheh... wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012