Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Harley-Davidson Shadowrunner
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
CanRay
Harley-Davidson Shadowrunner (Touring Motorcycle)
Designed, marketed, and styled aggressively for a market of Shadowrunner wannabes, and Bikers that wanted a long-range motorcycle, this Cruiser has been found to be very popular with actual Shadowrunners as well. Not as nimble or fast as the H-D Scorpion, it is powered by the same engine, and can be ordered with a large number of factory installed options, and an even more bewildering array of after-market options as well.
The Shadowrunner has 2 additional modification slots, for a total of 11.
Similar Models: Triumph Rocket-IV, Honda OrichalcumWing, BMW 9500RT
Standard Upgrades: Motorcycle Gyro Stabilization, Additional Fuel Tank, Motorcycle Panniers

Shadowrunner: Handling: +1; Accel: 15/25; Speed: 110; Pilot: 2; Body: 9; Armor: 2; Sensor: 1 Avail: -; Cost: 15,000 nuyen.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 4 2010, 07:02 PM) *
Harley-Davidson Shadowrunner (Cruiser Motorcycle)
Designed, marketed, and styled aggressively for a market of Shadowrunner wannabes, and Bikers that wanted a long-range motorcycle, this Cruiser has been found to be very popular with actual Shadowrunners as well. Not as nimble or fast as the H-D Scorpion, it is powered by the same engine, and can be ordered with a large number of factory installed options, and an even more bewildering array of after-market options as well.
The Shadowrunner has 2 additional modification slots, for a total of 11.
Similar Models: Triumph Rocket-IV, Honda OrichalcumWing, BMW 9500RT
Standard Upgrades: Motorcycle Gyro Stabilization, Additional Fuel Tank, Motorcycle Panniers

Shadowrunner: Handling: +1; Accel: 15/25; Speed: 110; Pilot: 2; Body: 9; Armor: 2; Sensor: 1 Avail: -; Cost: 15,000 nuyen.gif

Nice... I like it...
BlueMax
You had me until similar models. Nothing leaks like a Harley.

Slow Ride.......
Take it easy....

BlueMax
/why yes, I am older than dirt
CanRay
What's wrong with the other models?
Yerameyahu
How's it different from the existing model (that you mention)?
CanRay
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 4 2010, 08:11 PM) *
How's it different from the existing model (that you mention)?

Slower speed, less handling, less armour, higher body, higher price, the factory-standard options, different marketing, and the parts that have been chopped off a "Chopper".
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 4 2010, 07:17 PM) *
Slower speed, less handling, less armour, higher body, higher price, the factory-standard options, different marketing, and the parts that have been chopped off a "Chopper".

In Essence... Pretty much everything... wobble.gif
Yerameyahu
Oh, okay. You'll have to forgive me, one H-D basically identical to another to me. smile.gif In SR4, I figure you'd just get a Scorpion and mod it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 4 2010, 07:23 PM) *
Oh, okay. You'll have to forgive me, one H-D basically identical to another to me. smile.gif In SR4, I figure you'd just get a Scorpion and mod it.

Heheheh.... Some people like other options though... wobble.gif
Shinobi Killfist
Now we just need the marlboro man option and you are cool.
Yerameyahu
Is 9 more Body than any other motorcycle, including the heavy police one?
CanRay
OK, this might be a matter of motorcycle knowledge.

The design concepts of a Chopper (The Scorpion) and a Cruiser (The Shadowrunner I just posted) are very different.

A Chopper is typically longer than a Cruiser, and is lacking in any "Extra Parts" (Originally, these were "Bopped" or "Chopped" off, which gives it the name.). A Cruiser has a shorter wheelbase, tends to ride a bit lower, and a lot of extras on it that make for an easier long-distance ride or better protection for the motorcycle itself (Such as "Highway Bars" that are steel pipes that protect the engine in case of a crash.).

Technically speaking, a Chopper is a Cruiser that's been modified or scratch built.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 4 2010, 07:30 PM) *
Is 9 more Body than any other motorcycle, including the heavy police one?

Police Motorcycle has a Body of 8 (Really? Wow)...
Harley Scorpion has a Body of 8...
Evo Falcon has a Body of 7...

So, apparently, that would be a Yes... wobble.gif
puke
i dont know, youre describing a cruiser but the similar models you list are all touring bikes. theres a big difference.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (puke @ Aug 4 2010, 07:36 PM) *
i dont know, youre describing a cruiser but the similar models you list are all touring bikes. theres a big difference.

Really? I was unaware that the Similar Models listed actually existed... as such, his description of them as Cruisers is indeed Valid... wobble.gif
EDIT: Apparently they indeed DO exist (Proves that I am mostly ignorant about Motorcycles, never heard of one called the OrichalcumWing... hmmmm)... so I retract my statement...
CanRay
QUOTE (puke @ Aug 4 2010, 08:36 PM) *

*Blinks* *Looks again*

Damn, you're right. Wonder what I was thinking at the time...
CanRay
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 4 2010, 08:41 PM) *
Really? I was unaware that the Similar Models listed actually existed... as such, his description of them as Cruisers is indeed Valid... wobble.gif
EDIT: Apparently they indeed DO exist (Proves that I am mostly ignorant about Motorcycles, never heard of one called the OrichalcumWing... hmmmm)... so I retract my statement...

Triumph Rocket-IV = Rocket-III.

Honda OrichalcumWing = Honda Goldwing.

BMW 9500RT... I think I made this one up.
Yerameyahu
Is a Goldwing really a motorcycle? I thought it was a just a car with 2 missing wheels. wink.gif
CanRay
The Rocket-III has an engine that's a V-6 that's been cut in half.
Yerameyahu
A /-3 ?
CanRay
It's a Three-Cylinder In-Line Engine.
Yerameyahu
frown.gif That's no fun.
puke
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 4 2010, 09:58 PM) *
The Rocket-III has an engine that's a V-6 that's been cut in half.

the inline 3 has been triumph's schtick for decades, they have to keep making them or they forfit some of their brand cache.

a BMW RT designation is a touring bike. their K series are the ones that go fast. the numbers are usually displacement in cc. they dont really make a cruiser, but they do know a thing or three about the "old man bike".
CanRay
I wrote this... Um... Two years ago.

I now really wonder what I was thinking. Probably mentally mixed up Touring with Cruiser.

OK, they're Touring Motorcycles. nyahnyah.gif
puke
so like anything in harley's *glide lineup, i guess.

I remember when the RBB came out, everyone wanted that one motorcycle with the firmpoint on it. i dont remember what it was, but i remember it has a couple points of armor (which basically meant smallarms couldnt dent it) and a firmpoint. so everyone in my highschool SR group would have one with a panther cannon or GPHMG or whatever...

makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with us, as fans of this game. and dont get me started on the autopilots...
CanRay
One of the things that sold me on Shadowrun (Aside from some of the novels) was the artwork for the arms and vehicles. You could pick something for a reason other than stats! You could pick it for STYLE!

Which is why I was an artist in a lot of ways...
puke
oh sure, the one with the firmpoint and armor also had sleek predatory looks. that was at least 50% of it. and i only saw one person ever buy one of those stupid teddy-bear looking combat drones, even though they had fairly boss stats.
CanRay
I'm still trying to figure out how to conceal a machine gun on a Motorcycle...
puke
in the future, they will be all-electric with motors in the wheels. that leave the rest of the chassis free to mount guns in. and for the massive gyro that you'd need for the autopilot.
Yerameyahu
Concealed Weapon Mount. Done. smile.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 5 2010, 01:02 PM) *
Concealed Weapon Mount. Done. smile.gif

By rules, yes.

By methodology...
Yerameyahu
I don't follow. wink.gif Hehehe.

In all (appropriate) seriousness, I don't really know. The Guardian comes with one, but it's not concealed. If you reduce the barrel length too much, it's not a machine gun anymore, and there just aren't many available places…
hobgoblin
i just wish this had become a actual product:
http://www.gizmag.com/go/2303/picture/3276/
Voran
I need to find my old Street Sam, think there was a Viking or something like that in there? Looked wicked, especially with like an assault cannon
hobgoblin
ah yes, when street legal motorbikes came with weapons.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Aug 5 2010, 03:15 PM) *
ah yes, when street legal motorbikes came with weapons.

I think technically it just had enough body for a hard point. The only "street legal" bike with weapons was the BMW bltizen. It was street legal but it was the police motorcycle so a non cop driving it stood out. And even then it may have just come with the weapon slot and not had a weapon.
hobgoblin
heh, maybe it was just drones that had (or have?) a habit of coming with weapons that was more valuable then the drone itself.
Yerameyahu
Hehe. Well, in SR4, none of them 'come with' weapons, just mounts (right?). So they fixed that. biggrin.gif
CanRay
Yeah, but do they come with stereo systems that cost more than they do? nyahnyah.gif
hobgoblin
ah, the ratmobile.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Aug 5 2010, 11:30 AM) *
i just wish this had become a actual product:
http://www.gizmag.com/go/2303/picture/3276/

Personally, as far a bikes go, I'm all about a Norton NRV. Throwing a Wankel rotary engine in a motorcycle is just silly-awesome.
MJBurrage
Bah, they all pale next to my troll's Tomahawk smile.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Aug 6 2010, 08:14 AM) *
Personally, as far a bikes go, I'm all about a Norton NRV. Throwing a Wankel rotary engine in a motorcycle is just silly-awesome.

for me it was more about the feet forward, lean back riding, then the specs. Sadly i have yet to find a motorcycle with that ride position thats not a harley or some harley clone. The rest are some variant of "on the tank".
Creel
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 5 2010, 01:24 PM) *
By rules, yes.

By methodology...

modified gas tank and seat. Mold the gas tank so that you can mount an lmg on underneath it. The Muzzle is concealed behind the headlight and between the forks, the chamber, and ammo compartment is under the seat. Gun would need to be "run out" like old fashioned naval cannons, and you can't turn the forks when the gun is "at battery". You can only shoot straight ahead, but it'll do in a pinch. Rear facing would be potentially less problematic. Mount them inside oversized false exhaust pipes.
CanRay
QUOTE (Creel @ Aug 6 2010, 02:30 PM) *
modified gas tank and seat. Mold the gas tank so that you can mount an lmg on underneath it. The Muzzle is concealed behind the headlight and between the forks, the chamber, and ammo compartment is under the seat. Gun would need to be "run out" like old fashioned naval cannons, and you can't turn the forks when the gun is "at battery". You can only shoot straight ahead, but it'll do in a pinch. Rear facing would be potentially less problematic. Mount them inside oversized false exhaust pipes.

Actually, if you're willing to mod the forks, you could probably separate them far enough that you could turn when it's "At Battery".

I like that idea.
Yerameyahu
Oh, man, can you imagine? -6 to handling while using the gun; stopping and accelerating are allowed. biggrin.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 6 2010, 02:44 PM) *
Oh, man, can you imagine? -6 to handling while using the gun; stopping and accelerating are allowed. biggrin.gif

I think I found my "Ride".
Creel
Typically you don't turn the forks all that far, and even at battery you could probably manage a 60 degree arc. This would allow some handling, but you aren't taking any sharp turns without scraping off your knees.
CanRay
QUOTE (Creel @ Aug 6 2010, 02:50 PM) *
Typically you don't turn the forks all that far, and even at battery you could probably manage a 60 degree arc. This would allow some handling, but you aren't taking any sharp turns without scraping off your knees.

And if you're turning that far on a Cruiser/Tourer, you're probably scraping off chrome before you get to your knees.
Creel
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 6 2010, 02:52 PM) *
And if you're turning that far on a Cruiser/Tourer, you're probably scraping off chrome before you get to your knees.

That's the truth,
Q: I Roar like Lion, Run like a Cheetah, and handle like a Snuffleupagus; What Am I?

a: A Harley Davidson.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012