Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ultrawideband Radar
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
suoq
It's my understanding that the capacity on a sensor package is used for putting sensors into it (such as Ultraband Radar).

It's also my understanding that the capacity on "Vision Sensors and Imaging Devices" is used for putting Vision Enhancements into it.

Yeah, they're both call capacity. I didn't think that meant they were the same thing though.

My mental thought is that goggles (up to capacity 6) don't have radar systems in them (takes up capacity 5). To me, they're apples and oranges, or more correctly, sensors and enhancements.

However this post seems to be saying otherwise and I'm thinking "wow, I thought Ultraband Radar was broken but I didn't realize it was THIS broken".

So two questions:
1) Can ultraband radar go in cybereyes/glasses/goggles/contacts as long as they have the capacity for it [2]?
2) For the purposes of a tacnet or even just feeding it into your comlink to be fed into your eyes, what's the best way to carry around some ultraband radar? (I see handheld sensor packages have a capacity of 3, which would do the job, but do they have a cost, or do you just add up the cost of all the sensors (I kind of like throwing a Radio Signal Scanner in with the package, just for paranoia's sake.)

Yerameyahu
They're sensor, they use capacity in Sensor Packages. Just velcro a hand sensor to your chest and feed it to your DNI/goggles/imagelink.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (suoq @ Aug 6 2010, 07:58 PM) *
So two questions:
1) Can ultraband radar go in cybereyes/glasses/goggles/contacts as long as they have the capacity for it [2]?
2) For the purposes of a tacnet or even just feeding it into your comlink to be fed into your eyes, what's the best way to carry around some ultraband radar? (I see handheld sensor packages have a capacity of 3, which would do the job, but do they have a cost, or do you just add up the cost of all the sensors (I kind of like throwing a Radio Signal Scanner in with the package, just for paranoia's sake.)

1) Ultraband Radar can not go in eyes, but it can go into a cyberlimb.
2) I would say if you have the capacity to spare in a cyberlimb then go that route, other than that... I don't know.
Yerameyahu
Good point: the *cyber* version is Bodyware, so it has to go in limbs (capacity) or body (essence).

It's still almost always a better idea to get the accessory-sensor version (Arsenal, instead of Augmentation).
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 7 2010, 12:19 AM) *
Good point: the *cyber* version is Bodyware, so it has to go in limbs (capacity) or body (essence).

It's still almost always a better idea to get the accessory-sensor version (Arsenal, instead of Augmentation).

Says you... I put the Radar Sensor in my character's left hand. Still had room left over for a Olfactory Booster... nice way to diminish the penalties of the SURGE quality "Vomeronasal Organ".
Yerameyahu
I guess. Cyber capacity is limited and based on having already paid essence. Sensor capacity is unlimited and free. smile.gif
crash2029
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 6 2010, 11:12 PM) *
They're sensor, they use capacity in Sensor Packages. Just velcro a hand sensor to your chest and feed it to your DNI/goggles/imagelink.

One question, can I get one that looks like a tricorder? Or maybe a sonic screwdriver?
Yerameyahu
Yes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012