Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with Fix spell.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HeckfyEx
Description says:
Fix (Physical)
Type: P • Range: T • Duration: P • DV: (F ÷ 2) + 1
The Fix spell repairs damage to non-living materials, including drones and vehicles. The caster must touch the object and must achieve enough hits to beat the item’s Object Resistance threshold (p. 174, SR4). Fix can repair any item with a weight equal to the Force x the spellcaster’s hits in kilograms or less. It can only repair broken items when all the pieces are present. Each hit scored repairs 1 point of Structure rating or 1 box of damage. The Fix spell can only be used once to repair any set of damage.

The question is: how the hell the caster is supposed to actually repair vehicles without humongous dicepools and overcast?

Edited.
To clarify the issue, my problem lies in that sentence: "Fix can repair any item with a weight equal to the Force x the spellcaster’s hits in kilograms or less."
Dumori
You house full it to ignor X OR. As the new OR table sure fixes the Mage fragging ever thing but for got about none combat spells that effect objects. Do making them over come OR works. I tend to set fix analyise device the ones desinged to help with tech -3/4 the illustion stuff that effects tech but not negatively -2 and stuff that destroys it -0.
Traul
I think his trouble is more with the weight that can be fixed. Even if you cast at Force 5 and get the 5 hits to repair a vehicle, that is only 25 kilograms. I would say take the broken pieces apart, Fix them then put everything back together.
Dumori
Oh yeah that as well. Yeah I tend to assume that only the damaged mass counts.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (HeckfyEx @ Aug 8 2010, 11:28 AM) *
The question is: how the hell the caster is supposed to actually repair vehicles without humongous dicepools and overcast?

He asks his friend, the mechanic to do it, like anyone who would actually want it done right would. rotfl.gif
Mordinvan
I'd mostly use fix to repair the expensive electronics, and other delicate, lightweight systems.
HeckfyEx
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Aug 8 2010, 11:44 PM) *
He asks his friend, the mechanic to do it, like anyone who would actually want it done right would. rotfl.gif

In the middle of Chicago, right after combat with acid-spitting Insect Spirits?
Xahn Borealis
Then the background count would rape you any time you tried magic. Steal another car and GTFO. biggrin.gif
HeckfyEx
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Aug 9 2010, 02:00 AM) *
Then the background count would rape you any time you tried magic. Steal another car and GTFO. biggrin.gif

Still in the middle of Chicago, unfortunately.
The Jopp
QUOTE (HeckfyEx @ Aug 9 2010, 09:42 AM) *
Still in the middle of Chicago, unfortunately.

Well, the "steal another car" option still applies though.

Otherwise, go with a treshold dependant on size of the object similar to the Drone size table to get a feel. Most hand held electronics for example would be treshold of 2 in that case.

Micro: 1
Mini: 2
Small: 3
Medium: 4
Large: 5
Humongous: 5+
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (HeckfyEx @ Aug 8 2010, 12:28 PM) *
You need to beat the OR, but if you do, all hits not only net hits like with most spells count for damage reduction.
QUOTE ('Street Magic p. 173')
Each hit scored repairs 1 point of Structure rating or 1 box of damage.
Elfenlied
QUOTE (HeckfyEx @ Aug 8 2010, 11:28 AM) *

I believe the whole point of the restriction is to prevent you from repairing vehicles.
HeckfyEx
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Aug 9 2010, 03:48 PM) *
I believe the whole point of the restriction is to prevent you from repairing vehicles.

"The Fix spell repairs damage to non-living materials, including drones and vehicles. "
Doc Chase
As all parts need to be there and not eaten away by acid, I'd say that the Fix spell wouldn't work for the vehicle anyway.

Barring that, as other folks have said, you disassemble it and cast the spell on the parts you don't have immediate access to, then slap it back together.

Now I know why my mechanic contacts can get the jobs done so fast...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012