Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ranged spells as Touched?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Socinus
Does using a LOS range spell as a touch spell change the drain value at all?
LurkerOutThere
No.
Dashifen
Not unless they redesign the spell using Arcana and the rules in Street Magic.

Edit: Ninja'd again wink.gif That'll teach me to queue up a number of threads to read at once.
LurkerOutThere
Well to be fair it's not hard to beat you with a one word response. But in short the drain code on a spell is based on the maximum the spell can do. It's akin to my truck, it may take less gas when I'm not pulling a trailer but ultimately it still requires more then a car because of it's capability.
Yerameyahu
Really? Maybe I'm thinking of SR3, but Touch used to be less Drain… that was the whole point. smile.gif
UmaroVI
You can design a new spell (or if it's one that already has a touch form, use that) that does the same thing but at touch range, and THAT would have lower drain. But if you only know the ranged version, you take full drain for using it in touch range.
LurkerOutThere
Right but a LOS spell is still a LOS spell even if your touching the target. You can't conserve drain.
Yerameyahu
Thanks guys. I misread, because I thought he *was* talking about designing a new touch version of the spell. smile.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (UmaroVI @ Aug 12 2010, 02:07 PM) *
You can design a new spell (or if it's one that already has a touch form, use that) that does the same thing but at touch range, and THAT would have lower drain. But if you only know the ranged version, you take full drain for using it in touch range.

-2 to the Drain Value, specifically.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012