Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scary little fragger
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tyro
I was thinking recently about building a gnome sammy (arcane arrester + commonly overlooked = win). How would you go about it? I'm having trouble nailing down a good personality, for one.

The loss of 2 Physical boxes from Neoteny hurts, but with enough armor, most damage will be Stun anyway. +1 Willpower helps in this regard. A trauma dampener would probably be better than a pain editor because of this.

I plan on calling him Killer.
CanRay
Killer?

So he can be confused with all the other Street Samis out there that go by that name? nyahnyah.gif

Still, the effect of what appears to be a pre-teen beating the ever-loving-internal-organs out of people does make me feel happy inside.
Yerameyahu
Commonly overlooked… is that a little joke?
Tyro
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 15 2010, 03:25 PM) *

Just a small one.

He's called killer so people will think it's ironic, then find out the hard way that he's not just a wannabe.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 15 2010, 11:23 PM) *
Still, the effect of what appears to be a pre-teen beating the ever-loving-internal-organs out of people does make me feel happy inside.

Knowing we all feel that way, makes me see that there is potentially something wrong with us. biggrin.gif

[ Spoiler ]
WyldKnight
I never thought of this....I like it. I would think you should focus a bit more on defense in the beginning because of lower then average ability to take damage. It's easy to fit Move By Wire 2 into a starting character and the reaction/dodge bonus would be great to avoid the punches and gunshots. But what kind of flavor are you going for? Infiltration sam? Face sam? Anti mage sam?
Tyro
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Aug 15 2010, 04:00 PM) *
Knowing we all feel that way, makes me see that there is potentially something wrong with us. biggrin.gif

[ Spoiler ]

Ever been to Fetlife? I belong to a whole demographic of crazy sadists, masochists, and other odd ducks. Look me up if you dare - just search for Tyro.
toturi
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 16 2010, 06:25 AM) *

You guys kill me. grinbig.gif
Traul
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 16 2010, 12:25 AM) *

That was low.
Yerameyahu
Uh oh, Traul, didn't my comment measure up?
Badmoodguy88
With all these short jokes I don't know what I should be more afraid of, gnome mage killers or pixie mage, mage killers. I guess I should lay off the acid.
Saint Sithney
I made a gnome with a voice modulator, two telescoping cyberfeet and a killer cyber arm. All designed to allow him to disguise himself as a normal human most of the time. It also had the bonus benefit of adding some extra Body boxes to make up for neoteny.
Trevalier
QUOTE (Tyro @ Aug 15 2010, 05:02 PM) *
I was thinking recently about building a gnome sammy (arcane arrester + commonly overlooked = win). How would you go about it? I'm having trouble nailing down a good personality, for one.

Make him a pyromaniac.

"Little man loved fire."
Blade
I've seen a gnome character named "mini troll". He survived 3 direct frag grenade hits...
But then again I've also seen a berserker pixie sammie.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Aug 16 2010, 01:24 AM) *
I made a gnome with a voice modulator, two telescoping cyberfeet and a killer cyber arm. All designed to allow him to disguise himself as a normal human most of the time. It also had the bonus benefit of adding some extra Body boxes to make up for neoteny.

Funny though: Get two gnomes and a normal sized trenchcoat. Hilarity ensues.

Or have a gnome with a compulsion: Undergarment theft. Little bastard is CONVINCED there's profit in it. If only he could figure out how....
CanRay
"Vending machines! Like they had in Japan back in the day!"
Stahlseele
Make him blue.
http://www.meh.ro/original/2010_05/meh.ro4189.jpg
Tyro
Meh; smurfs have been done too much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012