Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: unicycles for more then trog biker gangs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Doc Chase
Not a lot of meat to that article, which is a shame. Monocycles are snazzy for commutes from the hinterlands, though. The Mountain to The City in less than half an hour!
Stahlseele
Technically, that's still two wheels . . But still kinda neat . .
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Aug 16 2010, 09:26 PM) *
Not a lot of meat to that article, which is a shame. Monocycles are snazzy for commutes from the hinterlands, though. The Mountain to The City in less than half an hour!

the article holds a link to a james dyson award page, but the content of that is french (i think).
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 16 2010, 09:30 PM) *
Technically, that's still two wheels . . But still kinda neat . .

hmm, indeed. How did i miss that.
McCummhail
Didn't they have these with rockets on them in those modern aberrations by George Lucas?
sabs
QUOTE (McCummhail @ Aug 16 2010, 08:50 PM) *
Didn't they have these with rockets on them in those modern aberrations by George Lucas?

No idea of what you speak, George Lucas hasn't made a movie since 1989
Stahlseele
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Aug 16 2010, 09:35 PM) *
hmm, indeed. How did i miss that.

There's no way to deny it, we're getting old(er) ^^
Xahn Borealis
See that video underneath? I can't think of anyone who would be happy with being shoved side by side in a train like that. But then I've never travelled on the real Tube, so I wouldn't know. biggrin.gif
KarmaInferno
How do those wheel-bikes keep from gerbil-wheeling?

Meaning that those styles of vehicle have this issue with sudden stops where the outer wheel would stop but the passenger section would try to keep going and possibly flip over inside the outer wheel.

Like when a gerbil starts running on his exercise wheel, and stops, but the wheel keeps spinning and the poor gerbil gets whipped around and around the wheel a few times.

In the animation, at the very end, the vehicle has suddenly acquired a couple extra wheels to keep it from tilting and flipping (gerbil-wheeling). That somehow is supposed to make up for ignoring physics in the images and in the rest of the video.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Aug 16 2010, 11:48 PM) *
See that video underneath? I can't think of anyone who would be happy with being shoved side by side in a train like that. But then I've never travelled on the real Tube, so I wouldn't know. biggrin.gif

I did once. The higher lines are fine but the lower lines are more like a mine railway. Anyway, I prefer to float. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012