Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where are the organization rules for creating your own gang/mercenary group/corp?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
V-Origin
So in Rifts, there are rules or guidelines for creating your own gang or mercenary group or even your own organization.

Are there any such rules in SR? If so, please guide this noob here to the right book(s) which contain those particular rules.

Cheers!
Saint Sithney
No rules, but that does seem like a decent topic for one of the "monthly" web-only PDF releases... of which there have been none for over 4 months...

CGL IS DOING FINE FOLKS
odinson
Wasn't there rules for gangs in 3rd edition?
toturi
QUOTE (odinson @ Aug 17 2010, 03:52 PM) *
Wasn't there rules for gangs in 3rd edition?

Yes, I recall something of the sort.
Lansdren
I would say start with a group contact and gradually take them over / add to them making them more usefull

In our game we got a shipment of weapons and basic armour and armed a local gang up to use as a distraction. The up shot is we have a gang now who are very friendly with us and are always up for abit of a caper. Downside is we have now started to change the political landscape abit as other less well armed gangs are now upset with us for causing them so much trouble.
Drace
In 3rd you made a gang during character creation by having each member of the gang cost you 50k or something like that. (Had max 1mil rather than 250k in that edition, so probably should tone it down to 1/4, so 12.5k). The player who bought the most members became the leader at the start, but it mentions that if they aren't a good leader (No leadership skill/low charisma) other players are encouraged to take over or infighting is possible and up to GM.

For 4th personally I find it easiest to do the 12.5k route with a bonus of members to half the pooled CHA for a small gang or full CHA for a larger starting one, with gear relatively half the quality and price that the players have at most.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012