Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drone Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stormdrake
A drone has pilot plus sensors for attempting to detect runners, which is similier to a runners perception plus intuition for spotting something. However I seem to remember that drones can also add in programs to that dice pool as well. Is that correct or is it only in effect if being rigged?
Jaid
clearsight autosoft.

though i could've swore it was only sensor + clearsight, i don't remember pilot entering into the equation... maybe i have too many different rule sets rattling around in my brain =S
sabs
QUOTE (Jaid @ Aug 19 2010, 09:24 PM) *
clearsight autosoft.

though i could've swore it was only sensor + clearsight, i don't remember pilot entering into the equation... maybe i have too many different rule sets rattling around in my brain =S

No you are correct

sensors+clearsight

sensors=intuition
clearsight=perception
Stormdrake
Huh, I always thought Pilot was the AI and therefore was Int/Log for skills. I don't use drones that much so I bow to your knowledge.
sabs
For drones, usually the response/sensors are the 'physical stats' and the autosofts are the "skills"
that being said.. Pilot is what's used for maneuvers, or targetting tests.
Saint Sithney
Well, Response is used in Initiative and Ranged Defense.
Whereas, Pilot is used in Initiative, Attack, Melee Defense, and other skills such as Infiltration, Shadowing etc.
Sensors are used for Perception only.
And Autosofts for individual skills.

It's all on pg 247 of SR4a or p105/204 in Unwired.
Tyro
Pilot does matter, though. It serves as a cap for autosoft ratings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012