Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cobra venom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
naga-nuyen
I have looked through all the my material I have, does anyone have a price range for natural venoms?

Edit: I found that a gram of cobra venom as of Aug 9th 2008 in India is roughly 4,000Rs=85$. So does anyone have a thought on how much the cost change is in 2072.
Yerameyahu
The simple answer is: if it's not listed, you can't have it. smile.gif

The other answer is: just make it up out of the air.
naga-nuyen
That will have to work, it is kind of odd that they offer a Chemical gland but no natural posion costs to help out players and GM's.

Edit: I have made Cobra venom 170$ or double the value of 2008 found in India. I figure there will be a price increase as it leaves its native land and travels to the US. It makes Chemical gland with Cobra Venom about 47,000$
Dumori
How every one can by the cobra for $700 ish. If you then buy some anitvenom just in-case and milk it just over 8grams of the stuff will be in profit.
naga-nuyen
Yeah you would think, but from the Article i got the information on (Business niche) it depends on the type of snake. The best venom is krait which gives you about 472$ a gram...but it takes about 100 snakes to get one gram, were as one cobra offers between 100-300 milligrams a milking.

It is a tough business. The guy that was featured has caught over 35,000 cobras and clears at the most 1,900$ month after expenses for caring for the snakes.
Neraph
Just make sure it isn't an internal gland!
naga-nuyen
After taking surge 2, i will have the Meta genetic quality of Natural venom (cobra venom) which grants me immunity to it. Now that one allows me to spit/spray so i took a second chemical gland (normally) and will use that one for the cyberspur. I also took Fang, and thermo sensitivity to add to the Snake surge quality. The negative are Extravagant Eyes (snake eye), and scales (snake) covering from the base of his neck, down his hands and torso stopping at his abdominal area and the small of his back.

I do want to add the chimera quality to the venom....but i see it being a different type than the one given to me from the Natural venom and thus i lose my immunity to it. So unless i can find a way to add the genetic quality of potent venom to myself i cannot improve my gland venom.

It is kind of cool; i have spent so much time researching the range of cobras and the types of societies that are around these areas. The snake ranges from the southern tip of turkey all the way to a little north of Hong Kong and all of southern Asia.

Edit: Also cool is the multiple spitting cobras, one of the deadliest is the Chinese cobra, which has a .53 LD50 test, making it about the top 15 or so deadliest snakes.
Simon Kerimov
Arsenal p84.
naga-nuyen
Thank you, but the only venom on pg 84 is for Naga, Ekyelebenle, Nova Scorpion venom. All awakened, so they cannot be used by the chemical gland. Now on page 83 it says the cost is minimal for non awakened critters which give us a ball park for some usage but what amount to charge the actual player for the gland?

Again thank you for your response though and have a good day.
Neraph
Check out the Black Mamba. One dose of its venom is enough to kill 20-25 full-grown men. It scares off elephants, by the way.
naga-nuyen
I tell you i love me some snakes. I agree the Mamba is scary; it is funny that some of the more toxic venoms affect humans less than others on the LD50 test that commonly shows the snake’s venom toxicity. Here is a link that is fairly accurate in the LD50 test. But as noted, what is done in one lab may vary slightly in another and these lists are the most toxic to mice!

http://www.kingsnake.com/toxinology/LD50/ld50dis.html

To note on the Black mamba, there venom is more powerful than the Naja atra (Chinese Cobra which has the strongest cobra venom). The king cobra delivers so much more venom that they are considered 5 times more toxic to man. Fatal as fast as 15 min, normally 30-45 min, and can kill a full grown Asian elephant in three hours. In the stuff i have learned snakes are the second deadliest animal on earth to humans (50-125,000 deaths a yr) ...most deadly to humans is the disappointing Mosquito (3 mil+ deaths a yr)
Neraph
QUOTE (naga-nuyen @ Aug 26 2010, 12:14 AM) *
most deadly to humans is the disappointing Mosquito (3 mil+ deaths a yr)

Technically the mosquito is only the carrier - they die to the diseases the bug carries. It'd be like saying cars are the number 1 cause of motor vehicle deaths - technically it's the trees people crash in to.
naga-nuyen
LOL, it is the fall mate not the sudden stop! wait wait, strike and reverse that smile.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (naga-nuyen @ Aug 26 2010, 08:13 PM) *
LOL, it is the fall mate not the sudden stop! wait wait, strike and reverse that smile.gif

Yeah flying is easy, everyone can fly, it's the landing most people have a problem with wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012