Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armor Conversions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tai-Pan
I'm screwing around with an adventure idea working around the idea of the build up to an all Detroit Super Brawl, Ares Predators vs. Detroit Nightmares. Pulled out the battered and beaten copy of Shadowbeat that’s been floating around the house forever and looked at the rules and realized the armor values were 3 editions out of date. Being non-standard armor types I puzzled out a solution and decided to float it past you fine folks to see if my thinking works out.

First Edition:
Armored Jacket 5/3
Scouts: Light armor 3/2
Bangers: Medium armor 4/3
Heavies: Medium armor 4/3
Blaster Light armor 3/2
Outrider: Medium armor 4/3
Medico: Heavy Armor 6/4

Updated to Fourth Edition:
Armored Jacket 8/6
Scouts: Light armor 4.8/4 (5/4)
Bangers: Medium armor 6.4/6 (6/6)
Heavies: Medium armor 6.4/6 (6/6)
Blaster Light armor 4.8/4 (5/4)
Outrider: Medium armor 6.4/6 (6/6)
Medico: Heavy Armor 9.6/8 (10/8)
Neraph
I'm not sure what you're aiming for exactly, but how about using Full Body Armor from the core book for Light armor, SWAT from Arsenal for medium, and tack on a couple of PPP pieces for Heavy?

If that's too high, then Armor Vest, Armor Jacket, Full Body?
Saint Sithney
Sounds good to me.
3 is medium body, so an armor value of 6 should be a standard, medium amount of protection for a guy. Keeping even protection across ballistic and impact is also fine, since they can apparently do that with a freaking urban explorer jogging suit.
I'm not mad at light being 5/4 since it could easily integrate some of the Form Fitting tech at the joints.
Heavy being two steps higher than medium also makes sense, internally and in comparison with the previous values. If you're going to go big, you go BIG.
Tai-Pan
I'm aiming to cover bases, I haven't completely planned out the course of the adventure/arc and had come to the conclusion that the Uniforms for Brawl wouldn't really fall with in the ranges for normal armor. Based on the two sources I've dug up, Shadowbeat and a Killing Glare cover the same ground rules wise (with blurbs in both SOTA books,) The general look/layout of the armor types would be consistent while providing varying amounts of protection so while the SWAT system suggested above fits this theory it's still a Blood Sport, and where players are using mostly Heavy pistols it's a bit much. Consider current day football fans enjoying big hits, extrapolate to a game using live ammunition, too much armor leads to a lot of ignored shots leads to fans losing interest.
Neraph
Ok, so Armored Vest, Armored Jacket, Armored Jacket with Arm and Leg and Vitals protectors?

6/4
8/6
10/8
?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012