Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teamwork
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Askani'son
Hi Dumpshockers,

Longtime lurker just recently returned to the game, and I must say, have always found this forum to be an extremely useful resource.

Quick question that I'm sure one of you fine folks'll know the answer too: is there a mechanic for teamwork tests in SR3, and if so, what is it. I'm sure there probably is, I'm just overlooking it.

Thanks in advance!
CanRay
Well, the first obstacle is getting a bunch of anti-social near sociopathic (And some not so near!) people to actually work together on something that doesn't involve making money by shooting people in the face.

I mean, it only takes one shot to do it, and if you get that many guns in the same place trying to shoot the same face, it can get kind of crowded...
Askani'son
Can't argue with that CanRay! smile.gif What I was thinking of specifically was skill tests involving more than one cooperating individual? Something similar to two complementary skill checks perhaps? Two successes from each coooperating individual translates into one additional success for the leader?
Dwight
"Teamwork" in SR is any time you don't injure more than one teammate** with the blast from the grenade you just tossed!

** A single person torn into multiple pieces by chunky-salsa counts as "more than one teammate" and therefore is not considered teamwork.
Kagetenshi
The "teamwork tests" that pop into mind is the bonus you can get in some tests for qualified helpers (think Biotech (Surgery)), though that only has the test for the lead, and SmUT which is really more one guy helping everyone else rather than a multiperson action. Really, I think the way this was expected to be handled in general was for the GM to perform an ad-hoc adjudication of overall results based on a bunch of individual tests (failing helpers do nothing or hurt, marginal successes don't do much, etc.).

Is there a specific situation you're running into?

~J
Askani'son
That's the mechanic I ended up using during tonight's game Kagetenshi, thanks. The specific situation involved the design and enchantment (as per MitS) of a low Force Spirit Focus in order to assist the PC in banishing a free toxic fire elemental. Time pressure was a big factor, and the player made good use of his talismonger contacts to assist. I played it as a Rocky-style montage with ritual and enchanting as opposed to the building of hurting bombs! Worked out well! smile.gif
Mr. Mage
@ Dwight and CanRay:
Are your mohawks pink enough? biggrin.gif
CanRay
Mine's so pink it's red.
Dwight
Mine is so pink it's blue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012